The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Im pretty sure they wont have closed for Easter yet will they? I think my uni only breaks from between Good Friday and about halfway into next week.
Original post by pdk
Am I the only one who hasn't heard from Leeds since applying, or are there others as well? :confused: No interviews, no rejections, no offers?! :confused:
(I'm a graduate and a re-applicant)

same!! graduate and re-applicant. No interview, nada, zilch.!! I don't even know if they are interviewing anymore! :s-smilie:

Please don't make us wait any longer Leeds.

Meh~ *sad face
Original post by QofQuimica
Congrats to those with offers, but I just want my rejection now, so fed up. Anyone not heard anything yet, no interview/rejection/offer? Its the last day as well, want to apply for something through extra...

Im a grad re-applicant. Havent heard anything yet - no interview, offer or rejection. Boo!!

Good luck - don't give up hope... I say this to you but I'm sooo fed up already!! I'm preparing for a rejection... but a titchy part of me is like ooo wouldn't it be awesome if they had like a secret waiting list where people who have been offered a place don't accept it and then they'll come to us! Let's hope so!
Original post by naseemamaria
Im a grad re-applicant. Havent heard anything yet - no interview, offer or rejection. Boo!!

Good luck - don't give up hope... I say this to you but I'm sooo fed up already!! I'm preparing for a rejection... but a titchy part of me is like ooo wouldn't it be awesome if they had like a secret waiting list where people who have been offered a place don't accept it and then they'll come to us! Let's hope so!

I like your positive thinking, Im thinking about going the grad route more and more. I am not 18...so I have a few years on me..not too old though...:wink: Do you ever regret going the grad route or are you glad you did it this way? xx
Reply 3304
same!! graduate and re-applicant. No interview, nada, zilch.!! I don't even know if they are interviewing anymore! :s-smilie:

Please don't make us wait any longer Leeds.

Meh~ *sad face

hey, i've withdrawn my application from leeds now...got an offer from glasgow! good luck to you and everyone here :smile:
I like your positive thinking, Im thinking about going the grad route more and more. I am not 18...so I have a few years on me..not too old though...:wink: Do you ever regret going the grad route or are you glad you did it this way? xx

Not at all! To be honest the only thing that worries me is the tuition fees for 5 year medical programs which I have applied to. (But I have been saving my student loans from my undergraduate degree and working full time and will take career development loans out to make ends meet)
I also applied to 4 year graduate entry programs (more financially manageable but fiercely competitive) but my UKCAT sucked ass so I got rejected from them!
I have a place at Lancaster for pre-medical studies which means if I successfully made it into Liverpool or Lancaster after my first year then my school life will be 6 years in total. Im 23 years old now so 29ish~ when I graduate.. may have a few grey hairs but that's what Garnier 100% grey coverage is for! Tee hee.

Jokes aside, on a more serious note, I feel ready for a career in Medicine at this age. I have had time to research it fully and I understand what I'm letting myself in for. I've done work experience and had time to weigh out the pros and cons and confirm my decision. At 18/19 years if I had gotten into Medicine, yes I'd be in a lot less debt and would have finished uni now but as a person then I wasn't fully clued up on what it entailed and honestly speaking I'm a lot more mature than I was back then. (this is NOT to say 18/19 year olds are immature but I was. If you're 17/18/19 and have gotten into Medicine then that's AWESOME and WELL DONE!) =)

I've travelled a fair bit, I've saved and planned ahead; I've worked full time and got a degree and I've also had a couple of attempts at UKCAT (still to realise I suck at it!)
But to sum up (finally) there are people who regret the grad route but I really don't! People make mistakes that result in things not going to plan ie. not getting into medicine the first time round. I had personal circumstances that affected my life from the beginning of AS Levels so I pretty much knew I would be taking the grad route. My advice - don't regret it. Well regret it a titchy bit but then pick your self up again! Improve on weaknesses or look for alternate routes to get back on track.!

Sorry for the motivational malarky but I'm drinking mountain dew and full of energy!! =)

Good luck!!
Original post by pdk
hey, i've withdrawn my application from leeds now...got an offer from glasgow! good luck to you and everyone here :smile:

Aww that's awesome!! =)) Well done and good luck in your studies!
Reply 3307
Aww that's awesome!! =)) Well done and good luck in your studies!

thanks, you too :smile: you got any offers? :smile:
Not at all! To be honest the only thing that worries me is the tuition fees for 5 year medical programs which I have applied to. (But I have been saving my student loans from my undergraduate degree and working full time and will take career development loans out to make ends meet)
I also applied to 4 year graduate entry programs (more financially manageable but fiercely competitive) but my UKCAT sucked ass so I got rejected from them!
I have a place at Lancaster for pre-medical studies which means if I successfully made it into Liverpool or Lancaster after my first year then my school life will be 6 years in total. Im 23 years old now so 29ish~ when I graduate.. may have a few grey hairs but that's what Garnier 100% grey coverage is for! Tee hee.

Jokes aside, on a more serious note, I feel ready for a career in Medicine at this age. I have had time to research it fully and I understand what I'm letting myself in for. I've done work experience and had time to weigh out the pros and cons and confirm my decision. At 18/19 years if I had gotten into Medicine, yes I'd be in a lot less debt and would have finished uni now but as a person then I wasn't fully clued up on what it entailed and honestly speaking I'm a lot more mature than I was back then. (this is NOT to say 18/19 year olds are immature but I was. If you're 17/18/19 and have gotten into Medicine then that's AWESOME and WELL DONE!) =)

I've travelled a fair bit, I've saved and planned ahead; I've worked full time and got a degree and I've also had a couple of attempts at UKCAT (still to realise I suck at it!)
But to sum up (finally) there are people who regret the grad route but I really don't! People make mistakes that result in things not going to plan ie. not getting into medicine the first time round. I had personal circumstances that affected my life from the beginning of AS Levels so I pretty much knew I would be taking the grad route. My advice - don't regret it. Well regret it a titchy bit but then pick your self up again! Improve on weaknesses or look for alternate routes to get back on track.!

Sorry for the motivational malarky but I'm drinking mountain dew and full of energy!! =)

Good luck!!

It wouldnt let me rep you again! Thank you so much for this positive reply...can I ask what your UKCAT score was both times? I only got 600 this time and to be honest, Im scared about sitting it again this year and scoring low again because if its low I will NOT be able to apply to any of my choices...
Original post by pdk
thanks, you too :smile: you got any offers? :smile:

I have an offer for pre-medical studies at Lancaster but the rest were rejections!
Then there's Leeds but I have no idea which way their decision will go!

Once again good luck =))!
Reply 3310
It wouldnt let me rep you again! Thank you so much for this positive reply...can I ask what your UKCAT score was both times? I only got 600 this time and to be honest, Im scared about sitting it again this year and scoring low again because if its low I will NOT be able to apply to any of my choices...

i re sat the UKCAT this year and my score was a lot better, even though i did hardly any work for it compared to the year before
i had an average of about 610 last year and 687.5 this year :smile:

theres a lot of unis that don't take UKCAT into consideration though so you won't be totally screwed if it was low.. 2 of my friends who applied last year had 580 average and the one had 4 offers and the other 3 :smile:

No worries =)) and thanks !

I have sat the ukcat twice and both times i have panicked over time so after a few questions on each section I started rushing through. I'm really embarrassed about displaying my results here lol but not like anyone knows me. Don't laugh too loud =)

1st go - 595
2nd go - 612.5

what section (s) do you struggle on? I struggle on everything (as my results display!) I'm laughing about it now but I'm going to register again for it.

practise here :-
http://www.ukcatprep.com/ (free papers)

http://www.coolmath4kids.com/ (this is a fun maths site with little adding and subtraction games.. not directly ukcatty material but will get you in QR moood and kinda help you get quicker at maths)

and also bbc bitesize revision. I'm guessing you already have the UKCAT 600 book?

Good luck!
Original post by GabbiWS
i re sat the UKCAT this year and my score was a lot better, even though i did hardly any work for it compared to the year before
i had an average of about 610 last year and 687.5 this year :smile:

theres a lot of unis that don't take UKCAT into consideration though so you won't be totally screwed if it was low.. 2 of my friends who applied last year had 580 average and the one had 4 offers and the other 3 :smile:

wow that's an awesome improvement. I wish I can improve by a similar margin! well done =)
I have an offer for pre-medical studies at Lancaster but the rest were rejections!
Then there's Leeds but I have no idea which way their decision will go!

Once again good luck =))!

I got my rejection from Leeds last week but I also have an offer from Lancaster for pre med! :smile: do you think you are going to end up going there? :smile:
Original post by love.medicine
I got my rejection from Leeds last week but I also have an offer from Lancaster for pre med! :smile: do you think you are going to end up going there? :smile:

Hi =) Hope you're okay. If I get rejected, (i'm no pessimist but it looks likely) then I'm going to firm Lancaster. Were you at the pre-med interview day because the group was pretty small so I'm hoping we all got accepted :biggrin:
Reply 3315
anyone not heard post-interview?
Original post by lucy1234

me :smile: seems like its just us two still! ha
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3317
Original post by lucy1234

Me too! It's all gone quiet... :frown:
I'm waiting as well. I think we have been put on a reserve list and have to hope people turn down leeds for other unis. But hopefully we'll get an offer soon.
I've heard nothing post-interview, I want to cry and then hide in a CGP revision guide because it's been 6 weeks since my interview D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending