The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i watch game of thrones on sky atlantic, ep 1 seemed really short when i was watching it, in season 1 all the game of throne episodes felt quite long usually because there was lots of interesting bits in it. maybe it felt shorter than usual as apart from near the end of the episode it was quite boringish or not as interesting as you would have expected. hope ep 2 delivers these expectations

oh and jeoffery pisses me off but id still stick my floppy hose pipe (penis) in his mum :wink:
Reply 981
SO tempted to watch it now that all you guys are :colonhash:
Reply 982
Did the guy who marries his daughters just give a son to the wildlings/white walkers?
Reply 983
Original post by Pheylan
Did the guy who marries his daughters just give a son to the wildlings/white walkers?

Yeah, I think so.
Reply 984
Original post by Deshi
You like Cersei?! Can't stand her personally.

I think everyone hates Joffrey, he's such a **** :colonhash:

Eurgh, no, I take it back, I hate Cersei. :colonhash:
About to download episode 2 of series 2.
Original post by Deshi
SO tempted to watch it now that all you guys are :colonhash:

Just do it. It's amazing.
Reply 987
Original post by JessicaW
Eurgh, no, I take it back, I hate Cersei. :colonhash:

What made you change your mind? :tongue:

Edit: I forgot to mention this last time but the size of Grey Wind was awesome.
(edited 11 years ago)
More Arya is needed.

The TV show has really brought it out why people dislike Stannis.He's such an annoying anally retentive dick. The books didn't really bring that across for me as much as the TV show has.
I'm only halfway through the second book but I'm liking Arya's character more and more. Can't wait to watch her scenes in the show =D
Reply 990
Original post by Deshi
What made you change your mind? :tongue:

Edit: I forgot to mention this last time but the size of Grey Wind was awesome.

She's so horrible to Tyrion. :colonhash:
Reply 991
Original post by JessicaW
She's so horrible to Tyrion. :colonhash:

Haha yeah she is. :angry:

On another note, Game of Thrones is doing well ratings wise, surely it can't be long before they green light more seasons.
Sansa is just so naive and easily persuadable its become a pain to watch and read about her (only on book 2 :colondollar:). Annoying as hell. Joffrey and her (probably the only Stark I have a distaste for) get the award for the biggest joke for a couple. Both *****. :colonhash:
Reply 993
Original post by Mr.Messy
Sansa is just so naive and easily persuadable its become a pain to watch and read about her (only on book 2 :colondollar:). Annoying as hell. Joffrey and her (probably the only Stark I have a distaste for) get the award for the biggest joke for a couple. Both *****. :colonhash:

Tbf to her she's basically a hostage now and if she gets out of line she ends up getting a beat down.
Original post by Deshi
Tbf to her she's basically a hostage now and if she gets out of line she ends up getting a beat down.

I mostly blame her for the predicament she is in now, and also to some extent Ned for agreeing to marry her to Joff, but he couldn't say no to the king could he?

Imo she decided to sit in a pit of quicksand upon her insistence to marry him.

Hindsight is a great thing but some of truly sad things in GOT (what happened to Ned and even this) could have been averted so simply. :moon:

I guess the story would take a hit from that though, you just don't get something as raw as this very often - having the bottle to kill off some much loved and great characters is rarely done even when it is justifiable (I name the last season of Sherlock as a prime example of this), but it really adds an edge to GOT. :coma:
Reply 995
Original post by Mr.Messy
I mostly blame her for the predicament she is in now, and also to some extent Ned for agreeing to marry her to Joff, but he couldn't say no to the king could he?

Imo she decided to sit in a pit of quicksand upon her insistence to marry him.

Hindsight is a great thing but some of truly sad things in GOT (what happened to Ned and even this) could have been averted so simply. :moon:

I guess the story would take a hit from that though, you just don't get something as raw as this very often - having the bottle to kill off some much loved and great characters is rarely done even when it is justifiable (I name the last season of Sherlock as a prime example of this), but it really adds an edge to GOT. :coma:

That's true. I think it gives the reader a good idea of what Westeros is like as a place, horrible. An honourable, by the book man like Eddard Stark ends up getting his head chopped whereas the manipulative and ruthless Lannister family basically end up on the throne. It's messed up and makes the series have that edge like you say, as there's not really any other books like it out there.
Reply 996
Original post by hamijack
More Arya is needed.

She has a great little scene with Gendry in the second episode :smile:
Reply 997
I like Gendry. :moon:
I have just ordered the books can't wait to read them also thanks for the heads up on the ep2 leak!! :biggrin:

Tyrion is my favorite character so far, he may be small be he is mighty!
Reply 999

Poor guy

Latest