The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi Everyone

I applied last year for physio and got 5 rejections :frown: but after applying again this year i've finally managed to get an offer 2nd time lucky at Keele!!!

is anyone else going to Keele, what were you thinking of your accomadation choices??:smile:
Reply 1761
unconditional from uni ulster :biggrin:
Finally firmed UWE! :biggrin: anyone else? xx
Original post by dotlibbydot
I finally heard back from St Georges today and have a conditional offer :smile:
The condition is I supply copies of my GCSE certificates.

Also with the bursary, I thought we still had to pay the £9000 tuition fees but we got an NHS bursary of around £4000 that helps towards it? How does it affect our loans and other bursarys? Are we still entitled to the living cost and tuition fee loans?

NHS pays fees, bursary is for living costs as you get a reduced loan from student finance.
Reply 1764
Original post by wadders93
Finally firmed UWE! :biggrin: anyone else? xx

Yeah, I finally firmed too! And did my accomodation the other day - student village hopefully :biggrin:
Reply 1765
Can't seem to find anyone else going to Huddersfield! Anyone? ;-)
Reply 1766
Original post by LNTurner1
My interview was on the 31st January and I got an offer on the 9th March via track on my Ucas account! Thank you :smile: I'm not sure yet, it's either between Northumbria or Huddersfield but will be going on the visit days and then make my final decision!

Did you decide which you are firming? I've just confirmed Huddersfield. Do you know when the Huddersfield open day is?
Reply 1767
Original post by EmilyV123
Hi Everyone

I applied last year for physio and got 5 rejections :frown: but after applying again this year i've finally managed to get an offer 2nd time lucky at Keele!!!

is anyone else going to Keele, what were you thinking of your accomadation choices??:smile:

Hey congratulations that's fantastic news. I've just accespted an unconditional offer to study physio at Keele, best of luck with your exams.
hi
i've just confirmed Cardiff as my firm! AHHHH anyone else?
also, how do you apply for NHS bursary? let me know asap please
thanks
Reply 1769
Anyone else firmed Nottingham?! :smile:
Reply 1770
Original post by xcristalx
hi
i've just confirmed Cardiff as my firm! AHHHH anyone else?
also, how do you apply for NHS bursary? let me know asap please
thanks

You don't apply for the NHS bursary till june time.. the university has to send conformation to the NHS that your on their course.. and then eventually the NHS/University (can't remember which one haha) will send you details to start applying.. but pretty sure you cannot apply until you get those details :smile:
Anyone else firming KCL? :biggrin:
Original post by MrsH23
Did you decide which you are firming? I've just confirmed Huddersfield. Do you know when the Huddersfield open day is?

Yes I firmed Northumbria about 3 days ago and put Huddersfield second! I don't sorry, I didn't think they were doing an applicant visit day? Where else did you get offers? :smile:
Reply 1773
Conditional from Cumbria... for Sport and Exercise Science.

I don't think i can accept it, it feels like i'm cheating on Physiotherapy. Some of the content in Year 1 is pretty similar [and they do Biomechanics! declining this would mean some serious dedication to physio] and I know i can transfer but i think i'd rather get a job and some more WE etc.

Only YSJ to hear from, but i doubt they'll accept me for B160.
Reply 1774
Original post by LNTurner1
Yes I firmed Northumbria about 3 days ago and put Huddersfield second! I don't sorry, I didn't think they were doing an applicant visit day? Where else did you get offers? :smile:

Salford & Bradford, but Hudd was my favourite from the start tbh. Have confirmed BD as my insurance but the offers were all the same conditions anyway, as i'm doing an access course, so the insurance is a bit pointless!
Reply 1775
Original post by xChrista
Conditional from Cumbria... for Sport and Exercise Science.

I don't think i can accept it, it feels like i'm cheating on Physiotherapy. Some of the content in Year 1 is pretty similar [and they do Biomechanics! declining this would mean some serious dedication to physio] and I know i can transfer but i think i'd rather get a job and some more WE etc.

Only YSJ to hear from, but i doubt they'll accept me for B160.[/QUOT

There is a better chance of transferring though once you are in? Don't lose hope at YSJ, I know loads who have been rejected from there so there might be some good news? Is that your only offer?
Reply 1776
Original post by MrsH23
There is a better chance of transferring though once you are in? Don't lose hope at YSJ, I know loads who have been rejected from there so there might be some good news? Is that your only offer?

I only had YSJ and Cumbria left, the rest rejected me.

I thought i'd have a better chance for '13 but i heard that, since it's NHS funded, they don't really like you talking about sports because you may go off and ditch the NHS.
But i'm really torn because i'll get to do Anatomy, Physiology and Biomechanics- which are very closely related to physio and will actually help when i hopefully get to do the course. And i don't want to waste my money when i could just do more WE and reapply next year.
I think i'll wait for YSJ and see if i make up my mind. I hate decisions like these
Reply 1777
Original post by xChrista
I only had YSJ and Cumbria left, the rest rejected me.

I thought i'd have a better chance for '13 but i heard that, since it's NHS funded, they don't really like you talking about sports because you may go off and ditch the NHS.
But i'm really torn because i'll get to do Anatomy, Physiology and Biomechanics- which are very closely related to physio and will actually help when i hopefully get to do the course. And i don't want to waste my money when i could just do more WE and reapply next year.
I think i'll wait for YSJ and see if i make up my mind. I hate decisions like these

You could email the course tutor- they have obviously liked you, otherwise they would just have rejected you-Perhaps they just thought you were more sports inclined? Try emailing the course tutor of physio for feedback and advice, they may be able to offer help? Good luck, hope you hear good news from YSJ.
Has anyone put Birmingham as their firm choice???!
Reply 1779
Original post by MrsH23
You could email the course tutor- they have obviously liked you, otherwise they would just have rejected you-Perhaps they just thought you were more sports inclined? Try emailing the course tutor of physio for feedback and advice, they may be able to offer help? Good luck, hope you hear good news from YSJ.

I've emailed them asking if the transition to Physio is better if i do Sports or not. And i've seen that you can do physio work experience during the course from the student case studies... this type of decision making is the worst...

Quick Reply

Latest