The Student Room Group

How can I get a flat stomach without starving myself?!

/..
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

exercise more
inb4 situps
Reply 3
Cut the carbs. If your really dedicated, dont eat any carbs after 12. If your willing to accept slower change, dont eat any carbs after 3. Situps will also help but its all about losing fat around the stomach area, so cut the carbs and increase HR training (eg: interval training)
Sorry I somehow deleted the content of this post! It used to say that I am quite skinny but have a pot belly - it's not flab and it's quite firm but still pokes out. I don't want to eat less and I don't want to loose weight from anywhere else! I do 50 sit ups every other day but so far have noticed little difference :frown:
Eat a proper diet. Weight train. A bit of cardio.
Dont drink
Reply 7
same question here.
my stomach is not muscular or anything.. i can't even do one perfect sit-up! :frown:
tho, my stomach seems nearly flat (still need to be flat) before i eat, but after eating.. it look bloated like a ball stuck under my shirt...
PS> Eating less is also not my option. cuz i can't control and my hobby IS eating. yet i'd like to lose some weight..
i think standing or walking for 5-10 min after each meal would help. but not immediately after meal cuz a research says that immediately walking might hinder proper digestion , thus giving u stomach problems.:smile:
All the fitness buffs on here will probably neg me for this, but I've found pilates is really good for making your stomach flatter and waist smaller. You don't need any equipment or a gym for it either! You won't lose a lot of weight with it though.
Reply 9
Cardio obviously.

You don't have to starve yourself, where do you get this rubbish from?

As long as you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. But obviously, having a good balanced diet is a big part of that.

You should also drink a lot of water: good for weight loss.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
/..

Do more exercise - 30mins of intense interval training (1minute running as hard you can, walk for 2-3mins, repeat) at least 4-5x a week; drink more water (at LEAST 3-4litres a day)l; cut out carbs completely if you can, if not never eat them in the evening; eat small regular meals (every 2-3hours); do more weight training; cut out alcohol...

You're body will take time to change, so don't expect immediate results & don't see this as a means to an end... Weight loss is an ongoing process hat doesn't stop once you reach your goal.. .When you do, you need to maintain (keep diet the same, and cut back exercise to 3x a week).

Also, increase your FIBRE intake. Sometimes a bulging stomach can be a sign of not removing of all that... youknow... so eat more fibres (eg more salad, fruits) and see what happens.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by f1mad
Cardio obviously.

You don't have to starve yourself, where do you get this rubbish from?

As long as you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. But obviously, having a good balanced diet is a big part of that.

Sorry, I think the title of the thread doesn't reflect what I actually meant. Basically I can't afford to actually loose weight (it's a long story) but I want still want a flat stomach...I'm thinking this isn't possible!
Reply 12
Sorry, I think the title of the thread doesn't reflect what I actually meant. Basically I can't afford to actually loose weight (it's a long story) but I want still want a flat stomach...I'm thinking this isn't possible!

Lolwut.

You can't control where your weight loss occurs: so no.
Reply 13
I have the same problem how do you tone your stomach area ...
Reply 14
Sorry I somehow deleted the content of this post! It used to say that I am quite skinny but have a pot belly - it's not flab and it's quite firm but still pokes out. I don't want to eat less and I don't want to loose weight from anywhere else! I do 50 sit ups every other day but so far have noticed little difference :frown:

Maybe you have gas, not to be crude, but yeah
Reply 15
How do people live without carbs? 90% of my diet is literally cereal, bread, pasta and rice. Then just supplemented with meat and bit of veg. I ****ing love carbs.
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
All the fitness buffs on here will probably neg me for this, but I've found pilates is really good for making your stomach flatter and waist smaller. You don't need any equipment or a gym for it either! You won't lose a lot of weight with it though.

Haha I was gonna recommend the same thing! There's always someone negging me for mentioning pilates! :rolleyes:

Try looking into isometric exercises like the vacuum pose. I haven't seen it's effects yet but I think that's primarily to do with my impatience but there's no harm in trying!
Sit ups!! If you do about 20-30 sit ups every day (I don't know why but I used to do it before I go to sleep, not the best idea, I know) but it worked :smile: It tones your stomach :smile: Also do squats, they kill but they're really good.
30 day shred
I'd say carbs are perfectly fine [in moderation of course], but just make sure that they are high in fibre, because girl fibre is a wonderful thing!

Also, I'd say if you drink fizzy drinks cut them out as they can cause bloating, and also cut down on sugar because this can also cause bloating by irritating the gut lining.

Of course healthy eating and exercise is key. Hope I helped. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest