The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6900
Original post by original_username
Can see pompey winning to be honest. There has to be one redeeming moment in their turd season hasn't there?

I agree.. Also, the last few Saints games i've seen at home, they haven't been that amazing.. For top of the league, I think I expected more!
Original post by cloop
I agree.. Also, the last few Saints games i've seen at home, they haven't been that amazing.. For top of the league, I think I expected more!

Add that to the fact that Pompey have done over us (Birmingham) and Hull in recent weeks at their ground.

Should be a great game to go to though. Was speaking to some saints fans at the Birmingham V Soton game a couple of months ago and was surprised just how much hatred there was lol.
Original post by cloop
Wait, you write for SotonTab? I never knew haha

Sadly the only sports writer for the whole of the tab haha!
I've lost hope now, I'm sure Mr Tisdale's just picking the team sheets out of one of his designer hats, and I'm sure his new red skinny jeans aren't helping things along.

We've failed to score in half of our games this season, and the only striker who's been consistent, Richard Logan was on the bench, and so was Alan Gow, who was the best player last match. We're so far down the table now that we need to start attacking, trying to grind out draw after draw just isn't going to work.
Demolished Donny today :biggrin:

The second was something special - no idea how Ikeme managed to mess up that cross so badly. 5 points off, with a better goal difference and more goals scored than Cardiff in 6th, do I dare to dream is the question.
We seem to like winning games 3-1.
5 to go to consolidate our play-off spot. Got some difficult games coming up though. If 75 points is the benchmark then we should be ok if we win our remaining home games.

Come on Birmingham!

PS, Chris Burke is a great player.
Great win for Wednesday but sadly no favours from AFC Bournemouth. United will probably pip us to 2nd as can't see them slipping up more than we will.

Having said that we should be a good bet for a 3rd place finish now which means we will play Carlisle, Brentford, Notts County or possibly Stevenage in the play-off semi-finals.
Last thing Wednesday will want is to play Stevenage again I imagine, but yeah they were terrific today against Huddersfield, it will go to the last game. Easter Monday will be very important as well.
Reply 6908
The big question is: Who will be relegated first, us or Chesterfield?
Saw the replay of pompeys goals (i had a ticket but was on holiday :frown:() and cant believe they pulled out two like that in one game.. Saints better not mess it up at this stage!
(edited 11 years ago)
MK have gone from pushing for the autos to only 5 points clear in the playoffs with 5 games still remaining, getting a bit anxious now. :sadnod:
Wow, just seen the Soton V pompey game on iplayer. Incredible goals by pompey!
Another huge day in League 1, Sheffield Wednesday live on Sky shortly against Oldham, the Blades are playing tomorrow.
3 points off with 4 to play, a superior goal difference. I wrote us off a couple of months back, but y'know what, we might just do this.
Another super win for Wednesday puts them back in front of Sheffield United, however they play tomorrow against struggling Rochdale, i'll say it again it's going to the wire.
Enormous game on Friday if Reading win against Brighton tomorrow. Think West Hoof are probably out the running now, their home form is just so awful. Can see Birmingham winning the play offs though.
Original post by Super_Hans
Enormous game on Friday if Reading win against Brighton tomorrow. Think West Hoof are probably out the running now, their home form is just so awful. Can see Birmingham winning the play offs though.

Hope you're right!

I fancy us over two legs against anyone. Think our Europa journey will stand us in good stead when it comes to the play offs.

With Chris Hughton, Trollop and Calderwood I think we have one of the best coaching set ups in the game and feel like they could set up a team to get a result.

Regarding the West Ham game, I thought they were all over us for about 90% of the game and for us to come away with anything we would have to play on the counter. We did that well and would take the draw to stay 3 ahead of the rest of the playoff hopefuls. Brilliant game though for the neutrals.
Must win game tonight at Rochdale. Can't see Wednesday slipping up maybe apart from the Carlisle home game and Colchester away so we must keep winning. Come on Blades!!!
By 9:30 tonight Fleetwood will be able to call themselves a Football League team... Ah.
Reply 6919
It's been quite a season for us (Saints). I have been to every game home and away and it's been a pleasure to be honest. Massive game coming up on Friday against Reading, whoever wins that one will take the title IMO.

Have Pompey finished celebrating their point against us yet? I heard there was a bus parade on Southsea Common again, only 25 fans turned up this time though rather then the 250,000 part timers after their cup win. Shame they are so many points behind Bristol City now, who just happened to beat us twice this season....nice to know we have done our bit.

Sha la la la la la la la, WTFILN.

Latest