The Student Room Group

London 2012 Retail Job Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by fuzzmuzz
Did they ask you where you would like to work like on the tills, shop floor etc?

Nope, I think that will be decided during or after the Training / Preparation days as well as the hours we will work.
Not sure if we will get to choose or if we will be assigned but it could change day to day :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by cultlogic

Basically we were given a short presentation, then split up into groups and were given two tasks. The first was a team-working one, they gave us a stick of bamboo and we had to get it to the floor in a certain amount of time balancing it on our fingers.

What a load of guff! For a retail position? They've really got potential employees over a barrel, don't they?
Reply 62
I did the assessment on monday and it went really well. I got an email today saying I didn't get the job though. I had all of the documents needed and I know I did well in the tasks, was friendly and looked presentable. I'm a bit miffed :frown: Everyone on here said its so easy to get the job?
Reply 63
It was probably and admin thing, like the interview was too late for you go through accredation.
Reply 64
Original post by psych
I did the assessment on monday and it went really well. I got an email today saying I didn't get the job though. I had all of the documents needed and I know I did well in the tasks, was friendly and looked presentable. I'm a bit miffed :frown: Everyone on here said its so easy to get the job?

yeah, what the guy said above. it's really late dude... dont beat yourself up about it.monday/tues were the last days for interviews and they've accepted a lot of people already, i'm surprised that they held interviews this late.
Reply 65
Original post by psych

oh my thats a bummer!
Im scaredd now, I was also at the interview on monday, but i havent got a reply yet.
Reply 66
Above replies don't fill me with much confidence as I was at the 3.30pm assessment on Tuesday (literally the last one). They said they'd let us know by the end of Thursday, just waiting for dat 'You have been unsuccesful' email now.
Had my interview on April 2nd (Monday) 1:30.... still haven't had a reply, not sure whether that is a good thing :L... (i really hope i was successful!)
Reply 68
Original post by Olliesherlock
Had my interview on April 2nd (Monday) 1:30.... still haven't had a reply, not sure whether that is a good thing :L... (i really hope i was successful!)

I had my interview on monday as well at 11.30 but haven't got any reply yett! I hopee I gett it too
Reply 69
hey there
did anyone have their assessment on monday(02/04/2012)
if yes has anyone received and email from them?
Had mine but stilll got no reeply and they said they would get back to us by thursday!
I was wondering should i call them or just wait to they reply lol!
Cant wait any longer, really want to know whether i got it or not!
Reply 70
Original post by FreFre
hey there
did anyone have their assessment on monday(02/04/2012)
if yes has anyone received and email from them?
Had mine but stilll got no reeply and they said they would get back to us by thursday!
I was wondering should i call them or just wait to they reply lol!
Cant wait any longer, really want to know whether i got it or not!

I had my assessment on monday, and I haven't got a reply. I know someone who got a reply but they got rejected.
I cnt wait any longer either. I don't know whether to call up ? Are u going to?
Reply 71
Few..... If there's a few of us with no reply I think it's just them taking a while. THey told us by the end of the week but they're probably very busy. I had mine Monday morning 9:30. For a minute I thought they'd forgotten me.

Last time around when some others from school went, rejection emails went out first and acceptances after, so, fingers crossed guys :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by MacOne
yeah, what the guy said above. it's really late dude... dont beat yourself up about it.monday/tues were the last days for interviews and they've accepted a lot of people already, i'm surprised that they held interviews this late.

From what I heard they still had around 300 places for people who went on Mon/Tues.
Reply 73
Has anyone who had their interview last mon/tues, got a good reply yet??
Reply 74
Original post by fuzzmuzz
I had my assessment on monday, and I haven't got a reply. I know someone who got a reply but they got rejected.
I cnt wait any longer either. I don't know whether to call up ? Are u going to?

Hey well i guess the long wait might be a good thing then! I tried to call them yesterday but the phone rung out and got no answer :frown:. Hoepfully we will hear from them by this week *fingers crossed*
Reply 75
Whoooo!!! Just got the email, i got the job :biggrin:
Reply 76
Original post by FreFre
Hey well i guess the long wait might be a good thing then! I tried to call them yesterday but the phone rung out and got no answer :frown:. Hoepfully we will hear from them by this week *fingers crossed*

I think its because of bank holiday
Reply 77
I had my interview on last Tuesday (at 9.30 AM) and I haven't heard anything back yet. So I called them and they said that they are taking a bit longer to reply because of last week was the deadline for accreditation and long bank holiday weekend. They also said they will send all e-mails by the end of today or tomorrow.

I am expecting 'You have been unsuccessful' email because one old man in our group let all people down. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by Ashi007
I had my interview on last Tuesday (at 9.30 AM) and I haven't heard anything back yet. So I called them and they said that they are taking a bit longer to reply because of last week was the deadline for accreditation and long bank holiday weekend. They also said they will send all e-mails by the end of today or tomorrow.

I am expecting 'You have been unsuccessful' email because one old man in our group let all people down. :frown:

You're all judged individually so one person won't let you down :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
I hope so, but I have to say that team working task went really bad. Those interviewers were laughing. lol..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending