The Student Room Group

revision is it too much?

since Saturday i have been doing 8 hours of revision a day starting from 10 then until 2 o clock non stop revision then a 2 hour break and then work until 8 o clock and i am finished for the day. how does that sound? is it enough because i am doing 4 subjects a day doing 2 hours each on the subject whereby it exam papers or notes its restrict with in The 2 hours. so how is this method?

my subjects are Maths edexcel Chemistry OCR and Biology edexcel.
Reply 1
Well I've been doing 5 hours a day in 45 minute slots i could NEVER work for 4 hours straight, my brain would be mush and nothing would be take in.

Also i read that you should do no more than 2 subjects a day so 4 is quite a lot. But if your comfortable with what your doing then fair enough. Are you leaving anytime to relax? except those 2 hours?
Reply 2
Too much for sure.

You will have burnt yourself out by the time the exams come.

Are you even absorbing everything you learn?
Original post by f1mad
Too much for sure.

You will have burnt yourself out by the time the exams come.

Are you even absorbing everything you learn?

This. If you can keep up with it without burning out before exams AND retain all the information you process during your revision time then go for it but, more often than not this isn't the case and you will be "revising" inefficiently, especially with the lack of breaks in your morning session..
Reply 4
well i do take in what i learn but i find i do 50 minutes then a ten minute break i do this 8 times so really i am doing 400 minutes a day
Reply 5
but how is it possible to do a maximum of 3 hours a day in alevel isnt that just time wasting?
Reply 6
Original post by mind
but how is it possible to do a maximum of 3 hours a day in alevel isnt that just time wasting?

Not really, it depends how you use your time. Some people find making notes useless because they end up copying from a text book. So long as it isn't cramming 2 nights before the exam, I think 3 hours a day of proper concentrated work can be very useful, so long as the 3 hours isn't back to back and has breaks in between. I can't concentrate for more than an hour at a time; my concentration levels will decrease and that'll be a waste of time.
No it isn't too much. There is no "too much" only too little (although everything is relative). Put in the work, you get the results you want. Simple as that.

Quick Reply