The Student Room Group

Where did you work for work experience whilst at Secondary school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
1 week at Halfords. Me and my mate chose the same place to work at and it was an absolute laugh.
Reply 381
Original post by Akkuz
2 weeks in a law firm.

Made me realise, I didn't want to be a lawyer lol.

aw , how come?
Reply 382
Original post by hbk4894
aw , how come?

I dunno, it just didn't feel like the kinda job I wanted to do. There was a lot of paperwork and red tape. Plus the hours were really long.

Listening back to tape recordings was kinda interesting actually.
I did 2 weeks at Imperial college London's business school :/ didn't even realise it was so up in the world until I grew up
Reply 384
I did 2 weeks at Cadbury chocolate factory IN their own little dental practice (ironic really)

It was sooo boring. I realised I didn't want to become a dentist after :P

But I took full advantage of the unwanted chocolates which were sold in bag loads for £1 :tongue:
Reply 385
Original post by faithxfaye
I did 2 weeks at Cadbury chocolate factory IN their own little dental practice (ironic really)

It was sooo boring. I realised I didn't want to become a dentist after :P

But I took full advantage of the unwanted chocolates which were sold in bag loads for £1 :tongue:

didnt know cadbury chocolate factories had dental practices?
Reply 386
Drumshop which was awesome for being a drummer
Reply 387
In Year 10 I did 2 weeks at Waterstones. I think I might end up doing some more work experience in my schools Maths Department on the work experience week as I want to teach, and health complications mean it's probably a good idea to not take on anything too strenuous! :tongue:
Reply 388
any more?
Reply 389
bump.
Reply 390
McDonalds anyone?
I did a week work's experience in a Pharmacy that was in a Doctors Practice centre.
It was great and I loved it :smile:
A week in a library. It was actually better than I was expecting; I basically drank tea and read to children the entire week :smile:
Local computer shop because at that time I thought my future was something to do with computing/IT :s-smilie:
Strangely, I worked at a different secondary school from my own. I did the audio engineering for the school's production of "The Wizard of Oz". It was arranged a bit last minute, but it was one of the best weeks I've ever had! :smile:
I did my week's work experience in a primary school where my mum works as a teacher, but not in her class. At the time, I wanted to be a primary teacher and it was great experience. :smile:
Reply 396
I did mine in a doctor's surgery for two weeks.
Reply 397
I worked in an old people's home for a week.
When they were awake, they were funny ( but they weren't awake much ;D)
I spent most of my time watching telly, but I did go for a walk with one of the resident's and a carer everyday.
Played bingo, and one old man taught me to play dominoes!!!! :smile:
Reply 398
I worked at a city farm
I'd applied to do something IT related, then I was told that i'd be washing cars for a week. Then apparently that wasn't safe, so I had to stay in school for a week. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest