The Student Room Group

Should I end it?

So me and my boyfriend have been together nearly 9 months now. We've had our ups and downs like all couples but generally things are great. He's cute, sweet, kind, makes me tea when I'm tired always wants to hang out with me etc. But recently I've been wondering whether I'm with him because I love him or just because he is the perfect guy? There is nothing in the relationship that warrants us breaking up (except in a few months as he is moving to the US). But sometimes it just dosent feel right (though sometimes it does!?) I'm so confused! Anyone have any advice? :confused:
Reply 1
Only you can work that out. If he does everything right, why wouldn't you love him? So why do you have these doubts?
Reply 2
Maybe discuss it with him and see if he feels any differently. But if you are having these thoughts then you probably aren't feeling it enough.
Reply 3
Original post by Foo.mp3
What makes you think he's the "perfect guy"?.. the fact that you have doubts indicates that you don't even believe that to be the case ~ he's perfectly nice* to you.. which is something different

I don't know, he's just so sweet and kind and lovely. I guess my problem is that I've always thought there needs to be a REASON to break up and theres not other than my feelings. I guess you are right Lucia if I'm having these thoughts it probably isn't enough... :frown: But really don't want to hurt him...
Reply 4
Yeah foo is right, and it's hard to leave a relationship without hurting someone in the process. You have to rely on the knowledge that what you did was right. Hindsight will be kind to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending