The Student Room Group

My ex is so happy without me :(

My ex left me when he went to uni and he found that he developed feelings for one of his flatmates, she basically implied that I was in the way and if I was gone they could be toghter, they had sex while he was still with me and basically began going out with each other while he was breaking up with me he change dhis relationship status on facebook literally 2 hours after he dumped me to in a relationship with this girl.

Its been 5 months since that happend, im still hurt, angry, devestated and confused as to what i did wrong. I dont understand why or how i drove him to cheat, i gave him space tried to be the best gf i could. i just looked on his facebook and theres photos of him with this girl kissing her etc everybody commenting what a great couple they are etc all his friends from uni writing on his wall tonneso of photos of him at parties, hes having the time of his life he didnt even seem bothered that we broke up yet im still heartbroken why!
He cheated on you and showed he was quick to move onto another girl, he doesn't sound worth it.
It must be very painful having to see someone you cared about so much, move on in such a manner (I haven't experienced this yet as I'm currently still with my first bf). But what you need to do is not give up hope that you can find someone in the future who you will care about again that will also treat you with the respect you deserve. He is part of your past and hopefully the future will bring you happiness.
He doesn't seem worth your attention at all!
He cheated and is rubbing it in your face! You need to see that you are so much better than that!
Try deleting him off facebook, photos of them wont help you
My ex recently dumped me for needing some "time and space" implying it wasnt a permanent breakup however is seems it is as he's been speaking to his ex a lot. I'm guessing they will soon be together :frown: He said he's "happier" without me :frown: I, too, thought I was being a good gf. I never stopped him from doing anything and even went halves on everything! haha. Even though I still cry a lot, I just think to myself that eventually I will find someone that truly deserves me and you should think that too! Your bf obviously isnt a nice person neither is his new gf. She will probably cheat on him and leave him heartbroken! Just remember you are a strong girl and he isnt worth your crying over! I just need to believe I'm strong too haha x x
Original post by Foo.mp3
because you're a girl.. and as such a sentimental creature :emog: whereas he's a guy.. and as such, a horny badger :badger:

Love the way you're dispensing this advice given your form.. :laugh:

what u mean?
Original post by Anonymous
My ex left me when he went to uni and he found that he developed feelings for one of his flatmates, she basically implied that I was in the way and if I was gone they could be toghter, they had sex while he was still with me and basically began going out with each other while he was breaking up with me he change dhis relationship status on facebook literally 2 hours after he dumped me to in a relationship with this girl.

Its been 5 months since that happend, im still hurt, angry, devestated and confused as to what i did wrong. I dont understand why or how i drove him to cheat, i gave him space tried to be the best gf i could. i just looked on his facebook and theres photos of him with this girl kissing her etc everybody commenting what a great couple they are etc all his friends from uni writing on his wall tonneso of photos of him at parties, hes having the time of his life he didnt even seem bothered that we broke up yet im still heartbroken why!

*hugs*

I know exactly how you feel, but what you have to tell yourself is that YOU did nothing wrong. Your worth more than that and can live a better life on your own than with scum like him :smile:

Delete and block both of them off facebook. Looking at pictures etc is just going to hurt you more.

Honestly my best advice is to just completely forget about him.

Leave them to it, chances are he will do the same to her, or vice versa. The best you can do is hold you head high and dont even give them the TIME OF DAY.

PM me if you want to chat :smile: i went through something similar.
Who dumps someone by changing their facebook relationship status??? I've heard of dumping by text, and e-mail, but status? You would have to wait until such a time as you happened to look at his "wall", wouldn't you? (I'm not a facebook user).

Honestly, that is a new low.
Reply 7
Much as it hurts, you are better off without him.

You are in the painful stage where you are hurting and they have moved on. Which is the worst place you can be.
The only way to get out of that is to meet someone better, which is easier said than done.

(Im in the exact same position as you btw, so i empathise).
Original post by Alux
Much as it hurts, you are better off without him.

You are in the painful stage where you are hurting and they have moved on. Which is the worst place you can be.
The only way to get out of that is to meet someone better, which is easier said than done.

(Im in the exact same position as you btw, so i empathise).

I completely agree with this. OP, I'm in a similar situation, and it's just not worth putting yourself through the hurt. However you deal with it, you just have to pick yourself up, go out and have fun and make yourself happy - you can't change his actions (and at the end of the day, you shouldn't want to) and you need to be happy on your own to move on. Of course you'll think about it, and it'll make you feel awful - but, at the same time, taking care of yourself is the most important thing now.

Life is ****, but we get through it. OP, you will find someone who is worth your time and someone who really wants to be there for you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by CurtainrailMan
Who dumps someone by changing their facebook relationship status??? I've heard of dumping by text, and e-mail, but status? You would have to wait until such a time as you happened to look at his "wall", wouldn't you? (I'm not a facebook user).

Honestly, that is a new low.

My ex used to. Every time we had the slightest of disagreements she would rush onto facebook to put herself to single, delete me and upload a slutty photo. It was insane.
Reply 10
Whoa, that's AWFUL.
I seriously wanted to move abroad just to get away from my ex who changed at uni, we were together 3 years, he was in love with me for 5 and one day he just suddenly fell out of love with me. Myself, him, our parents, all our friends, everyone thought we were forever, to be honest. He certainly planned a future with me, we'd often talk of it.
But yeah, I can't even contemplate how that must feel cos at least with us there's nobody else at his end. How long were you together for?
That girl sounds like she's HORRIBLE too. She didn't even know you, how on earth could she comment that you were "in the way", you were his GIRLFRIEND. How selfish, rude and what a betrayal.
Original post by Clez
My ex used to. Every time we had the slightest of disagreements she would rush onto facebook to put herself to single, delete me and upload a slutty photo. It was insane.

God. I had no idea.
Original post by Clez

God. I had no idea. And this happened a lot?
Original post by Anonymous

It's amazing how moving away to uni makes ********s of people, or even just causes relationships to end.

Between the LDR, the new people and places, the new sense of destiny, and generally it showing that a 'strong' teenage relationship was in fact just convenient at home, things go sour.

Truth is it probably had little to do with you, cheaters might even blame the other partner but it is they who chose to cheat rather than talk and/or walk.
Reply 14
Original post by CurtainrailMan
God. I had no idea. And this happened a lot?

Around three-four times a week for nearly three years until I finally snapped and dumped her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending