The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3520
P.s no I couldn't arrange any visits as most the places hadn't even heard of the scheme lol!
Reply 3521
Original post by lisa101
P.s no I couldn't arrange any visits as most the places hadn't even heard of the scheme lol!

Aww well I guess no news is good news for now haha.

I applied for London and east too. But I chose north west over south central.
oh god that's never reassuring when they don't know about the scheme.
Well I have my everything crossed for both of us.
Reply 3522
seems like everyone got rejected for micro...as did i :frown:
literally gutted as this is the job of my dreams...no idea how to get a job like it on my own :angry:
Reply 3523
I didn't get into micro either. Will try again next year. Did anyone here get an interview ?
Reply 3524
I'm on the reserve list for microbiology :smile:

Not too sure how to feel about it really though, especially as they said in the email that it might be very last minute and as I have to book flights it could get very stressy and expensive. But don't get me wrong, I'm super grateful that I'm still technically in the running.

Good luck to those still waiting.
Reply 3525
That is great! Congratulations :smile: Any chance you can tell us what kind of experience you have? Just so I know what I am lacking to work on it this year :smile: thanks!
Hi all, is there anyone on the reserve list for clinical biochem like myself? A tad disappointed i didn’t get an interview outright to be honest but i can’t complain!
Reply 3527

I put an introduction type post when I first joined, it's got all the main info on there. I think there should be a search function or something, but let me know if you can't find it.

After seeing how many people were either rejected or are reserve, I'd say that it's still incredibly competitive even after all the tests they had this year. Anyone got an actual interview offer for microbiology?
Reply 3528
Original post by amyf89
Hey I've applied for cardiac sciences also. Haven't heard anything, so will continue to wait obsessively by my emails.
Where have you applied to? Have you been able to arrange a visit to any of the labs?
Good luck.

Hey, I have applied to London, South Central and South East. I haven't arranged any visits, but I'm doing research with cardiac physiologists at St Peters Hospital at the moment and they said that visiting the places you have applied to isn't that important....so i'm hoping they're right!
I'm on the reserve list for biochem :smile:. Well done to all those who have interviews and good luck to everyone that's waiting :smile:
Reply 3530
Congratulations to those who managed to secure interviews, hope you guys get what you want at the end :smile: I didn't manage to get any interview for Microbiology. Utterly disappointed because part of the reason for doing the MSc was hoping to get into diagnostic microbiology. Feel like I'm pretty useless and can't get any job...

Just wondering, is there any international students who applied to the STP managed to get any interviews? Thanks.

Since I can't get on the STP, anyone could advise me on how I could get pursue a career in microbiology, be it in UK or other countries where they think or know is good for micro? Would really appreciate if anyone could advise me on this as I really love this field.

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by getsuga
Congratulations to those who managed to secure interviews, hope you guys get what you want at the end :smile: I didn't manage to get any interview for Microbiology. Utterly disappointed because part of the reason for doing the MSc was hoping to get into diagnostic microbiology. Feel like I'm pretty useless and can't get any job...

Just wondering, is there any international students who applied to the STP managed to get any interviews? Thanks.

Since I can't get on the STP, anyone could advise me on how I could get pursue a career in microbiology, be it in UK or other countries where they think or know is good for micro? Would really appreciate if anyone could advise me on this as I really love this field.

PhD?
Reply 3532
Hi everyone, I am on the reserve list for clinical biochemistry too. For your information I have copied and pasted some info taken from the "Recruitment Process Summary for 2012":

"The number of interview places available will be identified based on a 3:1 ratio of training posts available. A reserve list equal to the number of posts available will also be collated should any of the short listed candidates withdraw before the interview stage".

Good luck x
Reply 3533
I've been reading this thread since I applied for the genetics posts last year, but this is the first time I've posted as no one seems to be talking about genetics this year! Has any one heard anything yet? The wait is killing me!
Reply 3534
Original post by TommoA
I've been reading this thread since I applied for the genetics posts last year, but this is the first time I've posted as no one seems to be talking about genetics this year! Has any one heard anything yet? The wait is killing me!

Someone I know heard yesterday that they didn't get an interview for genetics....so its maybe sounding like you have an interview...?
Good luck!
Reply 3535
Thanks for your reply Hollie92, I don't want to get my hopes up, I just wish they would tell us either way!
Reply 3536
Original post by getsuga

To become a biomedical scientist in microbiology you need to be registered with the health professions council - to do this you need to get a job as a trainee biomedical scientist and complete a registration portfolio on the job and complete any top up modules for a degree accredited by the IBMS. (usually pays about 21k starting) Job mostly entails bench reads, organism identification, and sensitivity testing. Not sure if this is what you fancy doing, but its what ive done for the past 3 years and i really enjoy it, the STP will be a step into a more clinical role having an impact on how we diagnose in the lab
Reply 3537
has anyone heard anything today?
Nope :-( not hopeful for hearing back before Tuesday now then. So much waiting!
The suspense is killing me! Wish I was able to get on with other stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending