The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by naseemamaria
Hi =) Hope you're okay. If I get rejected, (i'm no pessimist but it looks likely) then I'm going to firm Lancaster. Were you at the pre-med interview day because the group was pretty small so I'm hoping we all got accepted :biggrin:

Let's keep positive but Leeds are messing people around so muh it's hard to know what's going to happen! And no i wasn't unfortunately :frown: I was at the biochem interview day, it was only then I switched to pre med. I'm definitely firming Lanc.. Chances of me getting three As are pretty slim :frown:
Reply 3321
Beyond annoyed now, graduate applicant and not heard anything at all.
Reply 3322
Graduate. Pre-interview rejection.
Original post by Lamba
Graduate. Pre-interview rejection.

Really sorry to hear this, when did you hear?
Reply 3324
Original post by QofQuimica
Really sorry to hear this, when did you hear?

15:46 email from track
Original post by Lamba
15:46 email from track

:-( Looks like admissions are still working through the apps then....good luck for 2013 I will be joining you on the reapplicants thread soon, once Leeds let me know once and for all. Talk about stringing it out...
Reply 3326
Original post by QofQuimica
:-( Looks like admissions are still working through the apps then....good luck for 2013 I will be joining you on the reapplicants thread soon, once Leeds let me know once and for all. Talk about stringing it out...

Yeah thanks so much. Hopefully you get an interview they said they should finish looking through them by mid april.
Reply 3327
Had my interview on 02/04/12, got an offer the next day. woot.

I had the Head of Admissions interviewing me and so at the end i asked if he was able to clear up the issue of the number of applicants, interviews etc as i had heard a lot of different information.

He happily replied:
This year Leeds have received 4000 applications for the A100 course
They are interviewing approximately 400 people
They are giving out around 250 offers but that may change slightly as it depends on the number of people who decide not to firm leeds.

Hopefully this has cleared up some of the wrong information out there and proves they are still giving offers. don't give up hope because better late than never!
Original post by KK12
Had my interview on 02/04/12, got an offer the next day. woot.

I had the Head of Admissions interviewing me and so at the end i asked if he was able to clear up the issue of the number of applicants, interviews etc as i had heard a lot of different information.

He happily replied:
This year Leeds have received 4000 applications for the A100 course
They are interviewing approximately 400 people
They are giving out around 250 offers but that may change slightly as it depends on the number of people who decide not to firm leeds.

Hopefully this has cleared up some of the wrong information out there and proves they are still giving offers. don't give up hope because better late than never!

250 offers, im sure there are 220 places so thats hardly any! Do you know if they have rejected people after interview?
There seems to be LOTS of gradS pre-interview on here.
Reply 3330
Has anyone heard from Leeds after interview on 14th March?
Original post by A Sid

I havnt :frown: im A2L also. Have you heard? We need to find out whats giong on at admissions.
Reply 3332
Original post by savage903
I havnt :frown: im A2L also. Have you heard? We need to find out whats giong on at admissions.

No I haven't either :frown:. N Yh We do but seems like there's no point ringing up cuz no-one knows what's going on. Guess all we can do is wait and see but the longer they take the worse I think av done at the interview :frown:
Reply 3333
Original post by A Sid

Yes I have got an offer, year 13 leaver.
Reply 3334
Original post by JessBess
Yes I have got an offer, year 13 leaver.

Ooooh Congrats :biggrin: I hope the rest ov us hear soon. Do u get an email from Leeds when they tell u?
Reply 3335
Eeeeek, I'm going to firm Leeds today! Unconditional offer aswell so I'm deffo coming to Leeds in September :smile:
Major excitement with hints of fear :smile:
My interview was on March 14th and I got my offer on March 28th.
Good luvk to everyone, I look forward to meeting you.
Also, if this helps at all, when I was at my interview I spoke to the dean of admissions. He said they were going to sit down and make a first batch of offers, then wait to see the response, then trickle other offers out so he said not to panic if you dont immediatley hear. They're doing htis because last year they ended up with too many people on the course and got into trouble for it so they're trying to carefully control the offers/acceptances that happen this year.
MASSIVE LUCK TO YOU ALL!! XX
Still heard nothing since interview 21st Feb. The wait is just getting really annoying now - Leeds are holding up the whole system as they are waiting for others to accept/reject their offer but the other Unis need to know too and I don't want to firm an another offer until I know about leeds. Frustrating!!
Reply 3337
Original post by savage903

im an A2L applicant and had my interview on the 14th of march as well. Its not looking good at the moment :frown: gap year it is
Reply 3338
YAY!!!! Got an unconditional today :biggrin: never been so happy in my life! I had my interview on the 9th of feb and so its been almost a 2 month wait! im a reapplicant and this is my only offer apart from biomed so i had pretty much given up hope, especially after my interview went so badly i had to get my mum to stop me crying and force me on the tour :colondollar: congrats to those who got offers, and to those who didn't try again because you never know.
I've been avoiding looking on here because it made me feel bad :tongue: I wonder if there's a visit day for offer holders? i know there's an accommodation day...
Original post by yum-yum
YAY!!!! Got an unconditional today :biggrin: never been so happy in my life! I had my interview on the 9th of feb and so its been almost a 2 month wait! im a reapplicant and this is my only offer apart from biomed so i had pretty much given up hope, especially after my interview went so badly i had to get my mum to stop me crying and force me on the tour :colondollar: congrats to those who got offers, and to those who didn't try again because you never know.
I've been avoiding looking on here because it made me feel bad :tongue: I wonder if there's a visit day for offer holders? i know there's an accommodation day...

Hi congrats! What time you get the email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending