The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElMoro
Yeah, he is :biggrin:

He even gives a shout out to Craig David, Artful Dodger & Shola Ama

(3:33)

Ahh seen. Nice song too :2euk48l::badger:
In the English Lit exam do you think I should write slowly and think about what I'm writing so all the spelling and grammar is good, or do you think I should write really quick and sacrifice fluency, grammar and spelling but get all my ideas down?

Thanks
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
In the English Lit exam do you think I should write slowly and think about what I'm writing so all the spelling and grammar is good, or do you think I should write really quick and sacrifice fluency, grammar and spelling but get all my ideas down?

Thanks

Don't bother about SPaG because there aren't many marks in Literature for it but the government are going to change that next year,luckily I finish Literature this year!!!
Original post by Dalek1099
Don't bother about SPaG because there aren't many marks in Literature for it but the government are going to change that next year,luckily I finish Literature this year!!!

Hey , aren't you in year 10?

What is SPaG and how come it's all over your sig? :rolleyes:

SPaG stands for Spelling,Punctuation and Grammar.Yes,i'm in Y10 but I thought I would pop over and see what Y11s are talking about and the SPaG on my signature is an urgent message,about too many people criticising and correcting SPaG in their posts,with them saying how did you get an A in English if you can't...No wonder you didn't get if you can't...,i have seen this thing happen repeatedly on the forum and am sick of it.I'm very pleased I came to the thread because there was a good link on how to analyse an Unseen poem that I have saved in my YouTube favourites,for revision for my Poetry exam in May.

That's what i'm saying lol

Thanks

Try and do both - even that spelling and grammar aren't as important this year as they were last year, a well written piece is more likely to persuade an examiner to award you higher marks than a hastily written piece. However, it of course varies from person to person, so if getting all of your ideas down works better for you then there's no harm in doing it. :smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
SPaG stands for Spelling,Punctuation and Grammar.Yes,i'm in Y10 but I thought I would pop over and see what Y11s are talking about and the SPaG on my signature is an urgent message,about too many people criticising and correcting SPaG in their posts,with them saying how did you get an A in English if you can't...No wonder you didn't get if you can't...,i have seen this thing happen repeatedly on the forum and am sick of it.I'm very pleased I came to the thread because there was a good link on how to analyse an Unseen poem that I have saved in my YouTube favourites,for revision for my Poetry exam in May.

Good luck with your exams! :smile:
studying physics now...:frown:
Original post by Pandora.
Try and do both - even that spelling and grammar aren't as important this year as they were last year, a well written piece is more likely to persuade an examiner to award you higher marks than a hastily written piece. However, it of course varies from person to person, so if getting all of your ideas down works better for you then there's no harm in doing it. :smile:

I'm writing short paragraph answers to some on the smaller question in the CGP guide. Do you mind if I post on this thread, or PM you, for you guys to improve grammar and so on?
I'm writing short paragraph answers to some on the smaller question in the CGP guide. Do you mind if I post on this thread, or PM you, for you guys to improve grammar and so on?

I'm happy to take a look. :smile:
What grade is everyone at in science? ( Core + addition / Tripple ) ??
Original post by Sheel1

I think I got an A* in Core last year, but we haven't been officially told. I'm currently on an A* in Additional too. You? :smile:
Original post by Sheel1

In core Science last year I got A*. I think I may average out with an A in additional this year, I think it's a bit harder. 0.6 marks of an A* in my last additional Science module :tongue:
I'm happy to take a look. :smile:

Oh, but you're not doing the conflict cluster of poems, are you? :confused:

My poems are on war but I don't find out too much about them until after the Easter Holidays but I'm terrible at correcting grammar.Is poetry hard?because I haven't started learning it yet but then again I thought Shakespeare was hard and got full UMS for the CA of Macbeth and Educating Rita.

Nope, but I've studied them in the past to help with unseen poetry, and I can certainly try and help with answer structure/grammar/level of analysis etc. :smile:
Reply 2337
Original post by Sheel1

A* Chemistry
A* Physics
A Biology

Hopefully I can push the Biology grade up by resitting B2 (which I got 75 in). I'm quite safe in chemistry and physics as I got 100 in C2 and P2. I also did poorly in b1b, at least I'm not taking biology at a-level.
I think I got an A* in Core last year, but we haven't been officially told. I'm currently on an A* in Additional too. You? :smile:

Original post by Cubic
A* Chemistry
A* Physics
A Biology

Hopefully I can push the Biology grade up by resitting B2 (which I got 75 in). I'm quite safe in chemistry and physics as I got 100 in C2 and P2. I also did poorly in b1b, at least I'm not taking biology at a-level.

In core Science last year I got A*. I think I may average out with an A in additional this year, I think it's a bit harder. 0.6 marks of an A* in my last additional Science module :tongue:

Boo you you all :frown: im at a C in core and C in additional, more stress for me need to find 16 marks each test for A ;/

Going to start studying HARD NOW!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sheel1
Boo you you all :frown: im at a C in core and C in additional, more stress for me need to find 16 marks each test for A ;/

Going to start studying HARD NOW!

Which exam board are you on?

Latest