The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Original post by Dalek1099
What makes London so good-it has LSE,the 3rd best but most people would want to go to Oxbridge.

You said it yourself. Not everyone is Oxbridge material. Not everyone is LSE material. People go to the uni they feel fits them best, not which is better in the league tables.

London is also a major city, with a lot of business opportunities and possible work there too.
Original post by jennifer.tariah
we've not done any, thats next year.. we've just done 2 coursework which we will then pick as our final piece.. its was about holidays, and if we win 1million pounds :L i know, not very creative right? what board is your spanish?

i think its AQA we have done our holidays one :-) (written) and we did if we was a celebrity for a day (written) and we just did jobs and unemployment (speaking) before we broke up for holidays :-) now we just have one left to do :-) .... then resit the reading and listening on higher tier in june :biggrin: ...... our corse iss all compressed into ONE year !!! :O only time i did spanish before this was year 2,3 and 4 :L
Original post by Mahii
Ohh but there are really good Univerisities here :rolleyes:

I know but.. i just don't want to stay here anymore.. its like, i wouldn't have any places to go if me & friends were going out. because i've been there already.
Original post by techno836
i think its AQA we have done our holidays one :-) (written) and we did if we was a celebrity for a day (written) and we just did jobs and unemployment (speaking) before we broke up for holidays :-) now we just have one left to do :-) .... then resit the reading and listening on higher tier in june :biggrin: ...... our corse iss all compressed into ONE year !!! :O only time i did spanish before this was year 2,3 and 4 :L

yeah we are suppose to do our dream job speaking one when we come back.. but all our real exams are next year! so no pressure for me this year
yeah we are suppose to do our dream job speaking one when we come back.. but all our real exams are next year! so no pressure for me this year

i cant wait to finish my next one .. just so thst i know ive passed ( my CA's are easily C's or above i put every tense in and like 5 different connectives and 'creo que's/ pienso que's ) and in the foundation paper i did in january i got a C ( reading ) and a D :frown: (listening :L )
i cant wait to finish my next one .. just so thst i know ive passed ( my CA's are easily C's or above i put every tense in and like 5 different connectives and 'creo que's/ pienso que's ) and in the foundation paper i did in january i got a C ( reading ) and a D :frown: (listening :L )

We did this a one foundation paper and in them i got 31/35 then we did this one and i got 44/45... i was pretty sad that i didnt get top marks but oh well! i got the highest in the class, and i didnt even revise plus i slept in the double lesson before. lool
We did this a one foundation paper and in them i got 31/35 then we did this one and i got 44/45... i was pretty sad that i didnt get top marks but oh well! i got the highest in the class, and i didnt even revise plus i slept in the double lesson before. lool

havent even looked at a higher paper yet ... think i might have to get the syllabus and do some self teaching preperation :-) gain an advantage going back after eater :-)
havent even looked at a higher paper yet ... think i might have to get the syllabus and do some self teaching preperation :-) gain an advantage going back after eater :-)

Yeah you could do one of those Rosetta stone things. but thats pretty expensive.. i guess there is a free one out there..
Yeah you could do one of those Rosetta stone things. but thats pretty expensive.. i guess there is a free one out there..

rosetta stone things ???? 0.0
rosetta stone things ???? 0.0

they are like software that teach you a new language.. lol http://www.rosettastone.co.uk/sh103t?cid=se-gguk104t1&pc=sh103t&rd=0&gclid=CInhztfinq8CFY8PfAodsQ9PcA

very expensive :L
very expensive :L

:L i checked out the site and saw 'only £379' and i thought? woaah this will never enter my price range.. (sorry if/when i posted that you thought i was an rich snob.. far from actually.)
well theres lots of free sites that do it i think.. next year i hope to have learnt the language and speak quite fluently but im pretty lazy..

but we are going on a trip to spain this year.. what about your school any trips?
:L i checked out the site and saw 'only £379' and i thought? woaah this will never enter my price range.. (sorry if/when i posted that you thought i was an rich snob.. far from actually.)
well theres lots of free sites that do it i think.. next year i hope to have learnt the language and speak quite fluently but im pretty lazy..

but we are going on a trip to spain this year.. what about your school any trips?

nope we pushed for one but our school only does a one year option course and already has quite alot of international trips a year -.- .... new york( ICT & business) France & Belgium (History - to see the memoriums and stuff ) Italy ( random skiing trip ) .. occassionally south africa ( dunno why tbh - its like every three years they do it :L )...
nope we pushed for one but our school only does a one year option course and already has quite alot of international trips a year -.- .... new york( ICT & business) France & Belgium (History - to see the memoriums and stuff ) Italy ( random skiing trip ) .. occassionally south africa ( dunno why tbh - its like every three years they do it :L )...

Wow you guys are lucky. In year ten we've only been to 1 and we went to london Zoo.
:L we don't have any international trips just stupid ones to like Thorpe park :/
(edited 12 years ago)
LOL London Zoo only? It's the same scenario with us but only with Thorpe park which I didn't bother going
Reply 2255

South Africa? WOW! You guys are lucky.
Original post by Saleemadat
LOL London Zoo only? It's the same scenario with us but only with Thorpe park which I didn't bother going

Yeah i know.. very adventurous.. but it was free so thats the only reason i went.
Original post by Mahii
South Africa? WOW! You guys are lucky.

ive never been like 10 people went and that because they went too 'international club' and did this charity event competition and won so they got to go with school :L ..ive only been to the france and belgium one :-)
I'm guessing its like media studies..
wow i guess your great at maths... further maths isnt even taught in our school, haha, and i think you school do economics instead of business because its recognized better i guess..

My college does both Business and Economics at A-Level and I will be taking Business,unless I have to take Economics because of timetable because it is a lot more Math related,where as Economics is more to do with Law,Politics and English.
Original post by Dalek1099
My college does both Business and Economics at A-Level and I will be taking Business,unless I have to take Economics because of timetable because it is a lot more Math related,where as Economics is more to do with Law,Politics and English.

yeah, but business is seemed to be those 'easy' Alevels. and i was looking through Baths uni entry requirements, and they didn't accept Business alevel.. and you seem like 'Cambridge-y' person so i'd think you should do economics..

Latest