The Student Room Group

loughborough illustration portfolio review/interview.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Village Whisper
Oh dear, that sounds a bit ominous! :tongue: It isn't easy at alllllll, but I don't want to tell you why 'cause then I'll know that you know and I don't want to be like that anymore :smile: Same for the big crowds.

Haha I don't know if that's the cheapest, don't be so lazy and look for yourself :tongue: Um, I'm still not sure. I'm going to make a list (I like lists!) of every room option in every place and order them so I have my first, second and third choices, and I can just go further down the list if none of those are available. I do like the idea of an ensuite though, so probably William Morris ensuite first. Idk though.

Yep, I was surprised you got it right the first time actually. And practically no one thinks of asking how to spell it before they write it on something important, which is annoying. It looks common without the A :tongue: Haha it doesn't all sound the same! Talvin the stallion, actually. Haven't seen him in a while, though, he only gets put in that field once a year for a specific purpose, since the rest of them in that field are girls :wink: Yeah, I have one pony now, but we used to have 2.

I had another quick look and I realised that if you click the actual course from the drop-down box it shows people for this year. There are only two girls, though.

And OMG I'm so jealous of your work!!! Seriously, I thought I'd think it was good, but I'm a bit picky about the type of stuff I actually like. That orange is adorable! And the broccoli's amazing too. Omg. And all the people. Especially that number 1 one, with all the lines and stuff. Urgh that's so annoying, I hate being jealous! :tongue: My Flickr is terrible compared to yours. Don't say it's not. Grrrrr!

Wanting to get to know as many people as you can before is a rubbish reason for wanting my number :wink: But...maaaaaybe. You'll have to persuade me somehow though. And I was watching Take Me Out when you posted that, which is why I didn't reply :tongue:

awww, oh dont you worry! you'l be fine! all a learning process aint it :smile:
omg wtf, you have a pony? thats is pretty damn cool :tongue: your from cambridge and you have a pony! posh posh posh girlie arent you!
did you go to the loughborough open house event thing? the fine art course thingy was pretty much filled with girlies! no! you find an accomodation for me! i want something cheap and good and maybe i want an ensuite too! :tongue: last time i checked i think william morris

mwahah you is jealous! isnt thaaaat good (; get on my good side and i could teach you a thing or tooo! hhehe! it seems like i have impressed you (;
isnt that much of a stupid reason hehe (; baha, i thought you meant you didnt give me your number cause you was watching take me out :tongue:
Original post by scampiandchipsrock
awww, oh dont you worry! you'l be fine! all a learning process aint it :smile:
omg wtf, you have a pony? thats is pretty damn cool :tongue: your from cambridge and you have a pony! posh posh posh girlie arent you!
did you go to the loughborough open house event thing? the fine art course thingy was pretty much filled with girlies! no! you find an accomodation for me! i want something cheap and good and maybe i want an ensuite too! :tongue: last time i checked i think william morris

mwahah you is jealous! isnt thaaaat good (; get on my good side and i could teach you a thing or tooo! hhehe! it seems like i have impressed you (;
isnt that much of a stupid reason hehe (; baha, i thought you meant you didnt give me your number cause you was watching take me out :tongue:

But I'm good at worrying! :tongue: Yep I do, I don't ride her anymore though 'cause she's getting on a bit and I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay taller than I was when we first got her, so that wouldn't really be fair on her. Not that I'm especially heavy. Haha, I'm not posh!! Technically I'm from Cambridge since I was born there, but I live in a village in the Fens where there are a fair few very-not-posh farmer types :tongue:

Nope I didn't go, at that point I was convinced I didn't want to go there so I thought it would be a waste of time. I really regret that now though, but oh well. All the studios were filled with boys when we looked around after my interview, I was pretty surprised since there have always been more girls in my art classes. You really want an ensuite? Oh dear, that's even more people (okay one more) who I've got to compete with on the booking dates :tongue: I'm pretty sure I'll be in France on those dates, so I reeeeally hope the internet works there.

Yeah I'm jealous! I was genuinely in a bad mood for a couple of hours after I saw that, which is ridiculous but still. That probably contributed to not PM'ing you with my number too, 'cause I'd say yeah now if you still wanted it.
But I'm good at worrying! :tongue: Yep I do, I don't ride her anymore though 'cause she's getting on a bit and I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay taller than I was when we first got her, so that wouldn't really be fair on her. Not that I'm especially heavy. Haha, I'm not posh!! Technically I'm from Cambridge since I was born there, but I live in a village in the Fens where there are a fair few very-not-posh farmer types :tongue:

Nope I didn't go, at that point I was convinced I didn't want to go there so I thought it would be a waste of time. I really regret that now though, but oh well. All the studios were filled with boys when we looked around after my interview, I was pretty surprised since there have always been more girls in my art classes. You really want an ensuite? Oh dear, that's even more people (okay one more) who I've got to compete with on the booking dates :tongue: I'm pretty sure I'll be in France on those dates, so I reeeeally hope the internet works there.

Yeah I'm jealous! I was genuinely in a bad mood for a couple of hours after I saw that, which is ridiculous but still. That probably contributed to not PM'ing you with my number too, 'cause I'd say yeah now if you still wanted it.

wow! you ought show me around cambridge one day! it seems really exciting and new for me :3 how tall are you? i find tall girls intimidating :tongue: last time i rode an horse it was during reception years :3

dude, it was a waste of time, well kind off! we got a few tips and that was that! but yeah there was so many girls there! well i wont have an en suite is its uber expensive :tongue: you can start applying from may i think! why you going spain for? :smile: lmao i mean france hehe!
awww were you really in a bad mood? i used to be like that when i saw other poepl in my class with better work hehe! mwahah are you giving in to me? (; go ahead then, then i can bugg you! and ofcourse get to know you morer in time for loughborough so you wont get scared of me! haha!
(edited 12 years ago)
wow! you ought show me around cambridge one day! it seems really exciting and new for me :3 how tall are you? i find tall girls intimidating :tongue: last time i rode an horse it was during reception years :3

dude, it was a waste of time, well kind off! we got a few tips and that was that! but yeah there was so many girls there! well i wont have an en suite is its uber expensive :tongue: you can start applying from may i think! why you going spain for? :smile: lmao i mean france hehe!
awww were you really in a bad mood? i used to be like that when i saw other poepl in my class with better work hehe! mwahah are you giving in to me? (; go ahead then, then i can bugg you! and ofcourse get to know you morer in time for loughborough so you wont get scared of me! haha!

I don't know actual Cambridge that well, though. I went to sixth form there but literally just walked to and from the station every day, and I drive to college there now but it's sort of on the outskirts, not central. And then I know the main shopping area, but that's about it. It's not even the nearest city to me. Oh dear, I'm 5'10.5''-ish, does that mean I'm taller than you?

Oh, sounds like I didn't miss much then. I guess a lot of the people there wouldn't have got offers though, depending on how many turned up. You can only apply in May if you have an unconditional, which I don't :frown: I'm just going on holiday for a week, after my foundation exhibition's been taken down and I've got my grade.

Haha, I don't think I'll be scared of you. I don't text that much though, and I definitely don't call/pick up the phone :tongue:
I don't know actual Cambridge that well, though. I went to sixth form there but literally just walked to and from the station every day, and I drive to college there now but it's sort of on the outskirts, not central. And then I know the main shopping area, but that's about it. It's not even the nearest city to me. Oh dear, I'm 5'10.5''-ish, does that mean I'm taller than you?

Oh, sounds like I didn't miss much then. I guess a lot of the people there wouldn't have got offers though, depending on how many turned up. You can only apply in May if you have an unconditional, which I don't :frown: I'm just going on holiday for a week, after my foundation exhibition's been taken down and I've got my grade.

Haha, I don't think I'll be scared of you. I don't text that much though, and I definitely don't call/pick up the phone :tongue:

oh you drive? :smile: im still yet to take my test ahah! oh i seee, whats the nearest city to you then? :smile: i think you a lil taller than me ahah! have you got the inviitation for the introduction day on the wednesday the 25th? :smile: oh so do you know when people with conditional offfers have to apply for accomodation? :smile: you will be scared of me! (; tutu no point having your phone then (;
oh you drive? :smile: im still yet to take my test ahah! oh i seee, whats the nearest city to you then? :smile: i think you a lil taller than me ahah! have you got the inviitation for the introduction day on the wednesday the 25th? :smile: oh so do you know when people with conditional offfers have to apply for accomodation? :smile: you will be scared of me! (; tutu no point having your phone then (;

Yep, got my full licence over a year ago now. Have you done your theory yet? I live near here http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=ely&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=GYF9T8akC9PB8QOq0pjJDQ#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=ely+&oq=ely+&aq=f&aqi=g9g-s1&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0l9j0i10.23565l23565l2l23939l1l1l0l0l0l0l98l98l1l1l0.llsin.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=5d2fded3877ad2aa&biw=1366&bih=667 It's pretty tiny :smile:

Yeah I have, it seems like they're having all the art subjects on the same day? Um, apparently it'll be "early June", which I assume means during the first week. They send an email in May though, with the actual dates (I think there are three). I know, there isn't really much point, but I'd panic if I didn't have it. It barely works anyway, I got it when I was 16 :tongue:
Yep, got my full licence over a year ago now. Have you done your theory yet? I live near here http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=ely&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=GYF9T8akC9PB8QOq0pjJDQ#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=ely+&oq=ely+&aq=f&aqi=g9g-s1&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0l9j0i10.23565l23565l2l23939l1l1l0l0l0l0l98l98l1l1l0.llsin.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=5d2fded3877ad2aa&biw=1366&bih=667 It's pretty tiny :smile:

Yeah I have, it seems like they're having all the art subjects on the same day? Um, apparently it'll be "early June", which I assume means during the first week. They send an email in May though, with the actual dates (I think there are three). I know, there isn't really much point, but I'd panic if I didn't have it. It barely works anyway, I got it when I was 16 :tongue:

oooh a year, basically my driving instructors gone on holiday and i will do my practical test when he comes. but i have accidently lied to him that i have done my theory, sooo now i still havent and i really need to move my ass before he comes back from his vacation lol :tongue:

oh wow! the ely place looks really pretty!
i assume so, cause they did the open house event with all of the art subjects on the same day :smile: looks like i shall me able to annoy you in person on that day (;

thats the same with me! i forced to buy an phone cause i didnt get with the times -__- aha, but now im almost on it all the time hehe
oooh a year, basically my driving instructors gone on holiday and i will do my practical test when he comes. but i have accidently lied to him that i have done my theory, sooo now i still havent and i really need to move my ass before he comes back from his vacation lol :tongue:

oh wow! the ely place looks really pretty!
i assume so, cause they did the open house event with all of the art subjects on the same day :smile: looks like i shall me able to annoy you in person on that day (;

thats the same with me! i forced to buy an phone cause i didnt get with the times -__- aha, but now im almost on it all the time hehe

Oh dear! Don't theory tests have a long waiting list? I think I had to wait a couple of months for mine, and even longer for my practical (which I took 3 times :tongue: ). Ely's nice, but there are hardly any shops. It's technically a city 'cause of the cathedral, but if it didn't have that it'd be a small town. I'm kind of glad I'm going to Loughborough instead of London/wherever, just based on the size of the place! I'd have got so lost otherwise.

Maybe they'll separate us into subjects on the day, then? But yeah, looks like you might be able to! Actually, you don't know what I look like which could make it tricky :tongue: I might get a new phone this year...But I do kinda like mine 'cause the screen is also a mirror :smile:
Oh dear! Don't theory tests have a long waiting list? I think I had to wait a couple of months for mine, and even longer for my practical (which I took 3 times :tongue: ). Ely's nice, but there are hardly any shops. It's technically a city 'cause of the cathedral, but if it didn't have that it'd be a small town. I'm kind of glad I'm going to Loughborough instead of London/wherever, just based on the size of the place! I'd have got so lost otherwise.

Maybe they'll separate us into subjects on the day, then? But yeah, looks like you might be able to! Actually, you don't know what I look like which could make it tricky :tongue: I might get a new phone this year...But I do kinda like mine 'cause the screen is also a mirror :smile:

heheh 3 times? that kinda makes me feel a bit better in a way :tongue: i'l book it someday soon but im just being lazy hehehe. yeah i kinda like loughborough too, its like part city, part countrysidey and its small, so it kinda perfect!

yeah i probably think they might do split us! i do have an idea of what you kinda look like, judging of one of the pictures you have done in line art of yourself i think :tongue: i need a new phone and lots of other stuffs! i am goign to be so cheap and live like such a slob at uni!
heheh 3 times? that kinda makes me feel a bit better in a way :tongue: i'l book it someday soon but im just being lazy hehehe. yeah i kinda like loughborough too, its like part city, part countrysidey and its small, so it kinda perfect!

yeah i probably think they might do split us! i do have an idea of what you kinda look like, judging of one of the pictures you have done in line art of yourself i think :tongue: i need a new phone and lots of other stuffs! i am goign to be so cheap and live like such a slob at uni!

Oh shush, I only failed the first two times because of a stupid mistake (okay, two) that I'd never done in my lessons. Laugh at me and you might jinx it for yourself :tongue:

I guess they probably will actually, they can't go into much detail about courses if they do it all together. And I really wouldn't go by that, it's awful! I don't know why I decided to do ink line drawings, they're really not very flattering and once they're wrong, they're wrong :tongue: What other stuff? I can't even imagine myself living there yet, it's scaaaary.
Oh shush, I only failed the first two times because of a stupid mistake (okay, two) that I'd never done in my lessons. Laugh at me and you might jinx it for yourself :tongue:

I guess they probably will actually, they can't go into much detail about courses if they do it all together. And I really wouldn't go by that, it's awful! I don't know why I decided to do ink line drawings, they're really not very flattering and once they're wrong, they're wrong :tongue: What other stuff? I can't even imagine myself living there yet, it's scaaaary.

i hope imnot jinxing myself, but what can i say, women drivers eh? (; its not awful! your probably just saying that cause you probably still jealous of my stuffs (; other stuff, like art equipment, oils paints, books, comics, video games, some action figures (no they is not toys!) an ps3 replacement and tonnes of other geeky stuff! i see my self to be an hip geek 8) isnt that scary! would be insanely scary if it were something like living in london!
i hope imnot jinxing myself, but what can i say, women drivers eh? (; its not awful! your probably just saying that cause you probably still jealous of my stuffs (; other stuff, like art equipment, oils paints, books, comics, video games, some action figures (no they is not toys!) an ps3 replacement and tonnes of other geeky stuff! i see my self to be an hip geek 8) isnt that scary! would be insanely scary if it were something like living in london!

Hey! At least I have a licence! And don't be so cocky, I meant in comparison to my face not to your work :tongue:

Haha, why do you need action figures for uni? Or is that just in general? It is scary! It's like, 2 hours from my house and I'll be with a load of people I don't know. My grandma only lives about 20 minutes away though, which will be useful for any emergencies/excessive amounts of washing :tongue:
Hey! At least I have a licence! And don't be so cocky, I meant in comparison to my face not to your work :tongue:

Haha, why do you need action figures for uni? Or is that just in general? It is scary! It's like, 2 hours from my house and I'll be with a load of people I don't know. My grandma only lives about 20 minutes away though, which will be useful for any emergencies/excessive amounts of washing :tongue:

ahah wasnt being cocky was just trying to annoy you :tongue:
i meant action figures in general, cause i like collecting stufff from films and games and stuff :tongue: plus it'l make my room look really cool and like an artist's studio at uni :tongue: i think its about around an 1 hour from me, but its like 40 mins away if i drove there! i like washing up as much as i like eating! :tongue: but atleast you have some family near to there :smile:

do has msn or something? cause talking on this is tedious for long waits for replies D:
ahah wasnt being cocky was just trying to annoy you :tongue:
i meant action figures in general, cause i like collecting stufff from films and games and stuff :tongue: plus it'l make my room look really cool and like an artist's studio at uni :tongue: i think its about around an 1 hour from me, but its like 40 mins away if i drove there! i like washing up as much as i like eating! :tongue: but atleast you have some family near to there :smile:

do has msn or something? cause talking on this is tedious for long waits for replies D:

Ooh. Well, I get annoyed easily :tongue: Isn't that stuff expensive? My room's probably just going to have books everywhere, I hope there's enough room. Is that 1 hour by train then? It'd take even longer by train for me...I need to remember to get one of those discount rail card things.

Haha I meant washing as in clothes, do you seriously like washing up? Yeah she lives near, and my cousin lives in Nottingham. I still probably won't see them often though, but oh well.

Yeah I do have msn, but I never use it anymore. Sorry!
Ooh. Well, I get annoyed easily :tongue: Isn't that stuff expensive? My room's probably just going to have books everywhere, I hope there's enough room. Is that 1 hour by train then? It'd take even longer by train for me...I need to remember to get one of those discount rail card things.

Haha I meant washing as in clothes, do you seriously like washing up? Yeah she lives near, and my cousin lives in Nottingham. I still probably won't see them often though, but oh well.

Yeah I do have msn, but I never use it anymore. Sorry!

ohh i cant wait to move in to uni! its around 1 hour and 15 mins by train, buts its like a 45 ride bu there are no direct trains from coventry to loughborough, so its 3 trains with changes :frown: i might get those rail cards but wouldnt it be cheaper to drive back and forth?

yeah i atually do like washing up, like dishes and things :tongue: oh you know the falk eggy accomodation? cause its being renovated does that mean we wont be able to apply there at all? :smile:
ohh i cant wait to move in to uni! its around 1 hour and 15 mins by train, buts its like a 45 ride bu there are no direct trains from coventry to loughborough, so its 3 trains with changes :frown: i might get those rail cards but wouldnt it be cheaper to drive back and forth?

yeah i atually do like washing up, like dishes and things :tongue: oh you know the falk eggy accomodation? cause its being renovated does that mean we wont be able to apply there at all? :smile:

Oh yeah, there aren't any direct trains from here either. I think I'd have to change at Leicester, and I assume there's a direct train from there. Do you have a car? I'm not taking mine, petrol costs loads!

Ew no, I hate dirty dishes. If other people in my flat (wherever I end up) are really dirty about kitchen stuff though, I'd feel the need to clean obsessively to keep it not-nasty. Can't be doing with a filthy kitchen! And it's being renovated, but on the new price list it's down as "On Tour" because everyone applying for there will be living in Village Court this year, which is currently listed as catered. It won't be catered in September, though. So yeah, you can still apply there but it won't be in the same building shown on the website :smile:
Reply 56
Sorry I haven't written back in a long time ! Well done on the offer !!! Ahh i'm so torn on where to go next year.. between falmouth, loughborough and norwich. I didn't realise people respected anglia ruskin so much?? Is it supposed to be really good... I only put them as my insurance last year. Do you know when you choose your accommodation for loughborough? :smile:
Original post by MochaChoca
Sorry I haven't written back in a long time ! Well done on the offer !!! Ahh i'm so torn on where to go next year.. between falmouth, loughborough and norwich. I didn't realise people respected anglia ruskin so much?? Is it supposed to be really good... I only put them as my insurance last year. Do you know when you choose your accommodation for loughborough? :smile:

Hi again :smile:

ARU isn't supposed to be really good, to be honest. Do you have an offer from them as well? Personally, if I were you I'd pick between Falmouth and Loughborough, because they're supposed to be good for their illustration courses. I don't know much about Norwich (too close to where I live for me to really consider it), but a number of people on my course are going there I think.

If you have a conditional offer, you can choose your Loughborough accommodation at the start of June some time. If it's unconditional, then it's mid-May :smile:
Oh yeah, there aren't any direct trains from here either. I think I'd have to change at Leicester, and I assume there's a direct train from there. Do you have a car? I'm not taking mine, petrol costs loads!

Ew no, I hate dirty dishes. If other people in my flat (wherever I end up) are really dirty about kitchen stuff though, I'd feel the need to clean obsessively to keep it not-nasty. Can't be doing with a filthy kitchen! And it's being renovated, but on the new price list it's down as "On Tour" because everyone applying for there will be living in Village Court this year, which is currently listed as catered. It won't be catered in September, though. So yeah, you can still apply there but it won't be in the same building shown on the website :smile:

sorry for late reply, spent the last week getting wasted in berlin :tongue:

oh and naaaah i dont have a car, i intend to get one before uni though, im going to do my test in like a months time or sooooo. i dont know, but i think i must have an cleaning fetish or something! its like i like making a mess but i also like cleaning it up ahaaa. oh so, i can apply for the egg place online, but i will be living in the village court with the same costs of the eggy place?

hows your fmp coming along now?? oh and are you going to that loughbourgh thing next week? :smile:
sorry for late reply, spent the last week getting wasted in berlin :tongue:

oh and naaaah i dont have a car, i intend to get one before uni though, im going to do my test in like a months time or sooooo. i dont know, but i think i must have an cleaning fetish or something! its like i like making a mess but i also like cleaning it up ahaaa. oh so, i can apply for the egg place online, but i will be living in the village court with the same costs of the eggy place?

hows your fmp coming along now?? oh and are you going to that loughbourgh thing next week? :smile:

It's okay, I had a feeling you might be :tongue:

Will you take your car to uni then, if you get one? I hope someone in my flat has a cleaning fetish, so I won't feel compelled to do it! I think maybe a cleaning fetish is one of the most productive/useful ones to have, so it's not a bad thing :tongue: Ummm, I'm not sure. I think on the booking page or whatever it is, it'll show up as being "On Tour" since that's what it's listed as on the price page thing. The cost I guess is for living in the physical Village Court building, rather than "the egg place" :wink: It's £3264.30, anyway.

FMP's doing alright, I've started my painting for my final piece but the actual final thing is going to have extra stuff around it. I'm thinking of making a mini room/cubicle type thing with book page wallpaper and photo frames on the walls, with the painting on the wall in front. I want it to be kinda like a walk-in book, but not necessarily like a physical book...Kind of like it's like you're reading a book when you step into the space and look around, if you get what I mean. It's quite confusing at the moment. How's yours going?

And yep, I'm going :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest