The Student Room Group

Huge mistake but got a 1st class grade!

I wrote a 500 word literature review for politics and submitted it. I recieved 74%.

I just checked the module handbook and the lit review has a 2000 word limit!!
I made a mistake and saw the other lit review for another module, which is for 500 words.

I thought it wouldn't be possible to get a First while being 1500 words under?
Wtf.

Is this the norm? If something is quite good, perhaps the word limit doesn't matter very much?
(edited 12 years ago)
Your lecturer was obviously grateful that you gave him less work to do. :tongue:
Reply 2
The thing is, it wasn't that good! I couldn't expand on any points!!
I'm extremely surprised by this result. It was actually 426 words :-S

I've seen the person who marked it, but I didn't mention that it was under the limit. He said it was good as it contained a lot of critique. He didn't mention it was under the limit either.

I'm now fearing the external moderator :-(
Blimey, was the marking tutor half asleep? :wink:

I wouldn't bother worrying about it too much because it has been submitted now, but just be aware that marks are provisional until they have been approved so it may still be flagged up, but if you can get away with it then great!
Reply 4
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Blimey, was the marking tutor half asleep? :wink:

I wouldn't bother worrying about it too much because it has been submitted now, but just be aware that marks are provisional until they have been approved so it may still be flagged up, but if you can get away with it then great!

Thankfully they don't mark double blind in the uni! So they may just agree with the grade (considering they have 100s of students' work to do)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending