The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adelie27
I have an offer for props !! :flip: As I was worried i'd heard nothing despite being the first on here to interview for it and others getting offers. I e-mailed to check.
It seems I should have got an e-mail but didn't and deadline for my acceptance was tomorrow !!!.

I sent the acceptance back asap in case it dissappeared into the ether somewhere, can't believe that this does mean I will actually be doing something at the ceremonies !! :flower2:

Fantastic news adelie :biggrin:! To be playing any part in the Olympics will be AMAAZING so you must be thrilled. Well done - good job you checked! Glad you liked the pics!
Reply 5641
Original post by cinnamon
Congratulations, well done, you so deserve this.
I am so happy for you.

Thanks Cinnamon, your turn for something very soon I'm sure.
I have an offer for props !! :flip: As I was worried i'd heard nothing despite being the first on here to interview for it and others getting offers. I e-mailed to check.
It seems I should have got an e-mail but didn't and deadline for my acceptance was tomorrow !!!.

I sent the acceptance back asap in case it dissappeared into the ether somewhere, can't believe that this does mean I will actually be doing something at the ceremonies !! :flower2:

Hey Adelie!!
Many many congrats to you! Well done! You shall be very very proud that you shall involve of doing something for ceremonies :smile:
Reply 5643
Original post by galactica2009
Hey Adelie!!
Many many congrats to you! Well done! You shall be very very proud that you shall involve of doing something for ceremonies :smile:

Cheers Galactica ! Hope your feeling that you will hear something this next week is spot on !
Cheers Galactica ! Hope your feeling that you will hear something this next week is spot on !

Lets hope for the best. :smile:.

AWESOME NEWS!!!! So pleased for you, and encouraging to the rest of us that one of our little group of 'suspended in limbos' has eventually got something!!CONRATULATIONS!!!!! xxxxx
Reply 5646

Blimey good job you sent an email! the curse of unreceived emails is at it again!! However its fantastic news and we will see you on the night!! :smile:
Original post by galactica2009
Cool! I had my one and only paralympic audition on Sunday 26th Feb. So far i had done 3 auditions so far. The other two were general and recall audition based from 1st audition. Fingers crossed. I have a feeling that we will hear by next week latest or following week.

3 auditions! That's dedication! :smile:

That would be good if we hear next week, I just want to know either way. They should be wanting to get it all sorted as early as possible, so that they have more rehearsal time.

I really want to be involved, I think it would be such an amazing experience.

Adelie, I am so thrilled for you. I must admit I was worried when you didn't hear anything. These roles sound really exciting. Hope to see you on the 12th.
Reply 5649
So happy for you adelie27, that was lovely news to wake up to. Enjoy the celebrations and the warm glow you must be feeling.
Congratulations Adelie27 :biggrin:
Reply 5651

Woohoo!! Fab News Adelie27 - well done! & to everyone who has heard - a cool Congrats!:u::u::u:
Reply 5652

Woohoo!! Fab News Adelie27 - well done! & to everyone who has heard - a cool Congrats!:u::u::u:

FANTASTIC news Adelie27 - soooo pleased for you. I think the props role will be amazing because you'll be interacting with the whole production. Just to be in that stadium will be unbelievable even if you're just standing there waving a flag! Well done!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE ..... :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
Reply 5654

I am so pleased to hear this Adelie. There will be quite a group of you now working behind the scenes.
I was told on my GM training last week that it is part of the role to attend both opening and closing ceremonies (of whichever olympics you're assigned to) - again, behind the scenes, looking after our delegation. So, hopefully see you there (if we're not performing that is!).
Have a good Easter.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5655
Thank you everyone for your congratulations, I'm really touched. What a lovely bunch of people you all are. :grouphugs:

Eve, your GM role sounds great too ! I'm really interested to find out which delegation you get.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting to hear.

I found an article that says there will be 12956 props, a very exact number ! see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9044588/London-2012-Olympics-opening-and-closing-ceremonies-by-numbers.html

That should keep us busy for a while !!

I wonder who's job it will be to look after the elephants .......... ? :wink:

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:
http://www.brides.com/blogs/aisle-say/2012/02/olympic-swimmer-proposal.html?nav=rm_obppc_nat_cntxt

Oh to have a romantic hubby to be.:heart:
We had a proposal too at the Charity event at the Stadium last Sunday. Could be catching. Watch out Mandy for those men with rhythm.....it could be you next:colondollar:

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE :grouphugs:
Thank you everyone for your congratulations, I'm really touched. What a lovely bunch of people you all are. :grouphugs:

Eve, your GM role sounds great too ! I'm really interested to find out which delegation you get.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting to hear.

I found an article that says there will be 12956 props, a very exact number ! see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9044588/London-2012-Olympics-opening-and-closing-ceremonies-by-numbers.html

That should keep us busy for a while !!

I wonder who's job it will be to look after the elephants .......... ? :wink:

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

Wow ... those numbers are mind blowing - somewhere there's a plastic figurine with my name on it!
Reply 5658
Original post by Mum of Students
Wow ... those numbers are mind blowing - somewhere there's a plastic figurine with my name on it!

yes, and mine too!!! absolutely fabulous :smile:
Reply 5659
Oh man that proposal made me burst in to tears at work.

Latest