The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Art/design students 2012 halls

I had an interview for fashion design at MMU and received an offer last week. I am still waiting to hear from one uni, but am pretty sure I want to go to Manchester. Just wondered where are other art/design students thinking of living?
Congrats on the off at MMU! How long ago were you told you had an interview? I still haven't heard anything, just to send them a digital portfolio but that was at the beginning of Feb...
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Hi, I got accepted to MMU for fashion design a week or so ago too. I've been looking into cavendish hall mainly because it's the cheapest and the closest to the fashion department, but i'm not sure how i feel about sharing a bathroom...
Otherwise, for en-suite, Briarfields Hall looked like a good one.
Reply 3
Original post by Wonder Woman
Congrats on the off at MMU! How long ago were you told you had an interview? I still haven't heard anything, just to send them a digital portfolio but that was at the beginning of Feb...

My interview was 7th March, I think I was told I had an interview about 2 weeks(ish) before then?
Reply 4
Original post by sophbutch
Hi, I got accepted to MMU for fashion design a week or so ago too. I've been looking into cavendish hall mainly because it's the cheapest and the closest to the fashion department, but i'm not sure how i feel about sharing a bathroom...
Otherwise, for en-suite, Briarfields Hall looked like a good one.

I'd like to think that I could handle sharing a bathroom but realistically I couldn't face it! I'm not particularly high maintenance kind of person, I just don't want other people's mess and like my own space-it's bad enough having to share a kitchen but I suppose it's "Character building" as my dad would say!
Wow, I've made myself sound like such an introvert, which I'm really not!!
Yes, I'm looking into Briarfields also, but looking at private halls too. Ahh there's too much choice...
Reply 5
Hi! I just accepted my offer to do fashion at mmu aswell, I choose briarfield as my first choice and hoping for the best really :smile: good luck to everyone though :biggrin: I wasn't sure how they do halls though, if they try and put students on the same course together or not
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
hiii! im doin international fashion marketing at mmu, just chose cambridge as my first choice for accommodation haha already having second thoughts, thought it would be sensible to sacrifice an en-suite shower and toilet for the extra £400 hope I've made the right choice!!
Reply 7
Heyy im doing textiles in practice at mmu and ive booked parkway gate,they had a good offer one so i got a cheapish deal! Just liked the idea of having a flat environment rather then uni halls, and its close to my mates already there :P
Reply 8
BA Photography and Briarfields Hall :smile:
Reply 9
Foundation Diploma in Art and Design... my first choice is Briarsfields... couldn't give up my own bathroom! Haha... honestly wouldnt mind where I stay as long as I'm in student halls and with great people!
Reply 10
I'll be doing BA Photography and chose Briarfields as my first choice. Although I put Oxford Court as my second and wouldn't mind living there either!
Doing textiles in sept sooo excited got briarfield first choice and confirmed it :biggrin: flat partiiiesssss

Quick Reply

Latest