The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LissRules!!
I actually LOVE twix. I buy it everytime i get a chocolate bar from the shop. Maybe its just me haha.

There's got to be someone out there to keep them going, poor twix. You save its self-esteem :biggrin:
Reply 501
I can't remember who last posted on-topic but it was "Restaurant-esque Gourmet Wannabe Dessert".

The ABSOLUTE WORST I can recall in recent memory is Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Creme Brulee Cheesecake Tart.

It was like a fake brulee topping (like crumbled cinder toffee) and the lemon was utterly cruel to the tastebuds - tart beyond belief. I reckon they assumed the topping would be sweet enough and just said "LET'S MAKE IT DEATH ACIDIC TO BALANCE IT!"

What's the worst example of: HOOP-BASED CEREALS?
worst - honey cheerios.

worst sauce for chicken?
Reply 503
Tomato sauce (NOT Ketchup). I once ate a chicken served in some form of tomato sauce dressing and it wasn't a good mix.

Worst meat to eat with brown sauce?
Reply 504
Duck. It doesn't go so well.

Worst 'failed-promise' dessert? (e.g. it says its gonna taste like American cheesecake flavour or Lemon flavour etc, but in reality - it tastes NOTHING like it!)
Reply 505
Tesco's Banoffee Cheesecake tastes like a lucid nightmare.

WORST EXAMPLE OF A CHICKEN BURGER?
Reply 506
I can't think of many bad chicken burgers I've ate so I'll go with Rustlers McChicken sandwich (which certaintly isn't the worst snack for a quid).

Worst example of a cheese flavoured crisps? (i.e. quavers, wotsists..................)
Original post by Fusion
I can't think of many bad chicken burgers I've ate so I'll go with Rustlers McChicken sandwich (which certaintly isn't the worst snack for a quid).

Worst example of a cheese flavoured crisps? (i.e. quavers, wotsists..................)

Quavers. Love the name, hate the taste!! :rolleyes:

Worst example of a chocolate bar turned into a cake (eg Jaffa Cake Mini-Rolls, Twix Caramel Slice, Galaxy/Cadbury Cake Bars, etc...)
Reply 508
The Jaffa Cake Cake Bar is a lame, lame representation of what the Jaffa Cake stands for; the "cake" biscuity bit has been replaced by lame generic sponge, the "jaffa" bit has been replaced by a soft, crap jam.

Also bad are the fact the PENGUIN and BOOST cakes are nothing but plain chocolate sponges - nothing to do with the original bars.

But the winner is by far the TWIX SLICE. What is effectively the old McVities CRAPAMEL SHORTCAKE rebranded, these taste so lacklustre, dry, sandy, and utterly pointless. No hint of butter, salty kick, hardly any caramel, cough-inducing fragmenting "shortcake", and an almost-negligible chocolate layer.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF:

CHOCOLATE BARS WITH CEREAL PIECES INSIDE?
Original post by TotoMimo
The Jaffa Cake Cake Bar is a lame, lame representation of what the Jaffa Cake stands for; the "cake" biscuity bit has been replaced by lame generic sponge, the "jaffa" bit has been replaced by a soft, crap jam.

Also bad are the fact the PENGUIN and BOOST cakes are nothing but plain chocolate sponges - nothing to do with the original bars.

But the winner is by far the TWIX SLICE. What is effectively the old McVities CRAPAMEL SHORTCAKE rebranded, these taste so lacklustre, dry, sandy, and utterly pointless. No hint of butter, salty kick, hardly any caramel, cough-inducing fragmenting "shortcake", and an almost-negligible chocolate layer.

CHOCOLATE BARS WITH CEREAL PIECES INSIDE?

Aye, the Jaffa Cake bar isnt great, but the Twix is appalling. Is it any wonder that Twix is losing its name, and fast? Dreadful.
Reply 510
Fibre_Plus_Milk_Choc_bar.jpg
Not a fan. There's so many better options out there.

Worst chocolate/fruit combo?
Reply 511
Although there are some combinations that are utterly perplexing to me - like white chocolate and raisins (which is effectively just like SUGAR flavoured SUGAR, as both just add nothing but PURE SWEETNESS), or Chocolate and Pear where the two just DO NOT marry; the worst for me is Chocolate and Figs.

Most notably Drunken Choco Figs; I know they're supposed to be an acquired taste but I certainly never acquired it.

MCDONALDS BURGERS?
Reply 512
Original post by TotoMimo
Although there are some combinations that are utterly perplexing to me - like white chocolate and raisins (which is effectively just like SUGAR flavoured SUGAR, as both just add nothing but PURE SWEETNESS), or Chocolate and Pear where the two just DO NOT marry; the worst for me is Chocolate and Figs.

Most notably Drunken Choco Figs; I know they're supposed to be an acquired taste but I certainly never acquired it.

MCDONALDS BURGERS?

The Filet o' Fish - so small! :sad:

Worst example of a meal involving sausage?
I'll probably get killed for this but... Worst: Toad in the hole, Ick! Just never been a fan.

Worst type of curry?
Reply 514
SO EASY. Korma. What's the point in CHICKEN PUDDING?

What's the WORST EXAMPLE OF: CADBURYS BARS?
Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkish delight. Just, not for me. Second to that is the little fudge bars. Can never remember being excited over one of these.

Worst dish from a chinese?
Reply 516
The worst dish from a Chinese WAS Sweet and Sour for me; up until I tried Lemon chicken from a newly-opened local takeaway. What I received wasn't a delicious chicken with a subtly citrussy batter, but a boiled chicken breast in what can only be called LEMON CURD. URGH.

WORST EXAMPLE OF: Foods that declare themselves "SPICY!"?
Reply 517
I'm gonna say spicy Ribeena. Never has a fouler drink been made. But in terms of false spice claims, probably everything that has jumped on the Nando's Peri-Peri bandwagon but fails epicly. Fridge Raiders, for instance have a new Peri Peri flavour. There is not even a hint of chilli in it.

Worst example of deep fried food?
Mars Bars. or Onion Rings. Tricky!
Going to stick with mars bars - chocolate shouldnt be fried.

Worst example of Coca Cola?
Original post by Jellybeany
Mars Bars. or Onion Rings. Tricky!
Going to stick with mars bars - chocolate shouldnt be fried.

Worst example of Coca Cola?

Tesco Value Brand

Worst pizza?

Quick Reply

Latest