The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hey there!

Unconditional offer for MArch Architecture aka Advanced Architectural Design.

Anyone else on the same course?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by orange'94
yeah. i think i will cancel it it was only a 5th choice anyway

Ok, hope you get in where you want to
Reply 662
Got a conditional offer a few days ago and accepted it as my firm. :P
I only need a B in GCSE Math and C in GCSE English lol.

I'm studying Computer Science and Japanese Studies, can't wait!
Reply 663
Original post by Harrk

Grats but what course are you on that they offered you so low conditions?
Original post by peliqueiro
Hey there!

Unconditional offer for MArch Architecture aka Advanced Architectural Design.

Anyone else on the same course?

Got an offer for the BA.
Did you do your Architecture part 1 at Oxford Brookes?
Original post by OK Computer
Got an offer for the BA.

I also got offered a place for architecture BA and I've put it down as my firm. have you made a decision on yours yet?

:smile:
Reply 666
Original post by lexutza
Grats but what course are you on that they offered you so low conditions?

I already have a DDD in a BTEC and I took a gap year this year, in order to redo my GCSEs.
I'm also classed as a mature student (starting September anyway) with work experience in my field.
Reply 667
Original post by Harrk
I already have a DDD in a BTEC and I took a gap year this year, in order to redo my GCSEs.
I'm also classed as a mature student (starting September anyway) with work experience in my field.

Ow that's really good then :smile: and congratulations again, i have a friend that's going to do jap studies and know an english guy who will be doing computer science
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Harrk

Congrats! :smile: I'm also going for Japanese Studies, but I accepted Oxford Brookes as my insurance. I'm sort of unsure of my choice, because their course sounds pretty nice.
Ah well, I doubt I can get AAB for SOAS anyway (grades are way too unrealistically high for me) and if I don't get accepted into Hong Kong I might see you there (…if I get the grades, that is).
Good luck with your GCSEs!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 669
Original post by lexutza
Ow that's really good then :smile: and congratulations again, i have a friend that's going to do jap studies and know an english guy who will be doing computer science

Original post by Jessicutie
Congrats! :smile: I'm also going for Japanese Studies, but I accepted Oxford Brookes as my insurance. I'm sort of unsure of my choice, because their course sounds pretty nice.
Ah well, I doubt I can get AAB for SOAS anyway (grades are way too unrealistically high for me) and if I don't get accepted into Hong Kong I might see you there (…if I get the grades, that is).
Good luck with your GCSEs!

Thanks, and don't give up - you can do it :smile: But if you do end up coming to Brookes, I'll see you there.

Hope you get your main choices though, good luck with it.
Original post by Harrk
Thanks, and don't give up - you can do it :smile: But if you do end up coming to Brookes, I'll see you there.

Hope you get your main choices though, good luck with it.

ありがとう! :smile: I'll do my best!
I don't know any Japanese, but I've started (attempting) to learn hiragana and katakana.

I'm just curious, what kind of work experience have you done? And what made you choose to do Japanese Studies (and Computer Science)?
I myself fell in love with Japan and it's culture (and definitely manga!) XD so I'm interested in seeing different people's reasons.
Reply 671
Original post by Jessicutie
ありがとう! :smile: I'll do my best!
I don't know any Japanese, but I've started (attempting) to learn hiragana and katakana.

I'm just curious, what kind of work experience have you done? And what made you choose to do Japanese Studies (and Computer Science)?
I myself fell in love with Japan and it's culture (and definitely manga!) XD so I'm interested in seeing different people's reasons.

My work experience revolves around the computer science part. I've worked as a web developer at a company for a few months, and now I'm going into self employment for the same thing.

And well for the Japanese reason... I'm a sucker for the history there. Plus it's a different life style, not that I plan on living there though. Not to mention the strong influence it has on technology.
I'm not into anime as much as I used to be but I'm still keeping up with manga :P

I already know Hiragana and Katakana, although I honestly haven't read it for a while so I hope I haven't become rusty.
Original post by OK Computer
Got an offer for the BA.

Nope, I come from Spain, finishing my Bachelor here this year and going to the UK for a 12months master :smile:
Original post by luckycharm
I also got offered a place for architecture BA and I've put it down as my firm. have you made a decision on yours yet?

:smile:

Inboxed you :smile:
Reply 674
Anyone got their accommodation letter yet? Phoned them last week they said should be here within the next week or so, they say they send them mid-April on their website. Day I get it will be the day I'll be done applying.

And also if I haven't got all my five replies yet, but I know that Brookes is my firm before the other reply that's due, can I put Brookes as my firm now? Or do I have to wait for all the replies before doing so?
Reply 675
They should be here soon. Within the next I reckon. I've been waiting since I firmed them, and heard nothing.

If you definitely want to go to Brookes then you can just firm them now, regardless of whether you're still waiting on other uni's!

I was in the same situation too. As soon as I got an offer, I accepted straight away as it was my top choice. I was still waiting on offers from two of the other uni's. :smile:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! unconditional offer from OB :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
wuhuhuhuhuuhh :biggrin:
soooo happyyyy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bban::bban::bban::bban::bl::bl::bl::dance::dance::danceboy::danceboy::elefant::elefant::elefant::horse:
Reply 677
Original post by krussel
applying for Law LLB, heard the city is insane, and it's the best ex-polytechnic which is an up side. is a potential firm for me if I get an offer.

what are your A level subjects?do you need math?
Original post by donotpanic:P
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! unconditional offer from OB :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
wuhuhuhuhuuhh :biggrin:
soooo happyyyy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bban::bban::bban::bban::bl::bl::bl::dance::dance::danceboy::danceboy::elefant::elefant::elefant::horse:

congratulations mate!!
Original post by peliqueiro
congratulations mate!!

thank you soooo much :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply