The Student Room Group

Hey guys, could anyone give me any Help/Tips

Right, I'm in year 10 currently, and this time next year I will be taking all of my GCSE's. In 7 weeks I have half of my edexcel business GCSE exam.

Well, first off, I have messed around in school for the last 3 years thinking I don't need school. And lately I have come to my senses and realised I need school to help me on my way in life. So I was wondering does anyone know any websites where I can brush up on my education for the last 3 years, preferably English, Chemistry and physics! Or any revision Tips, I am willing to put all my time and effort into this.

Thanks, Dylan
Reply 1
Have you thought of getting some revision books or past papers from your teachers? I do this for my GCSE exams and it works good.
Reply 2
Original post by Qu33n
Have you thought of getting some revision books or past papers from your teachers? I do this for my GCSE exams and it works good.

Thankyou, I shall try that
Reply 3
Original post by Dylan01
Thankyou, I shall try that

You're Welcome :biggrin:
Reply 4
it's not too late lol
I only started to work at the end of year 10 and did really well in my GCSEs :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Abed1993
it's not too late lol
I only started to work at the end of year 10 and did really well in my GCSEs :smile:

Wow, we'll done!

How did you get back up to scratch with your work?
Reply 6
Original post by Dylan01
Right, I'm in year 10 currently, and this time next year I will be taking all of my GCSE's. In 7 weeks I have half of my edexcel business GCSE exam.

Is it the multiple choice one (unit 1)?
Reply 7
Original post by senz72
Is it the multiple choice one (unit 1)?

I have no idea, all I know is that the business exam in 7 weeks counts as 40% towards my overall exam mark
Reply 8
Original post by Dylan01
I have no idea, all I know is that the business exam in 7 weeks counts as 40% towards my overall exam mark

Oh okay, then you're doing a different one that I did. Sorry to have bothered you.
Reply 9
Original post by Qu33n

really helps cuz you would get those questions that are mostly asked, second you get to familiarize yourself with exam conditions hence removing phobia during real ones.
Try testing yourself with past papers on your own with a stop watch.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Bukhatir
really helps cuz you would get those questions that are mostly asked, second you get to familiarize yourself with exam conditions hence removing phobia during real ones.
Try testing yourself with past papers on your own with a stop watch.

Yep! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by senz72
Oh okay, then you're doing a different one that I did. Sorry to have bothered you.

Don't worry, it's fine!!
Reply 12
1. Don't worry- just get organised :smile:
2. Look at the specifications to see what you need to know and get informed about the papers you are taking
3. Get exam (board) specific textbooks preferably those with good reviews (see Amazon or ask friends) as well as revision guides.
4. Past paper questions are a great way to revise quickly as they allow to see what the examiner wants you to know and how they want you to answer the questions (see mark schemes)
5. If there is anything you don't understand don't be afraid to see your teachers or ask friends/parents (or people on TSR!- I don't mind (I'm in Year 11 and also revising!) :wink: )

Good Luck! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Dylan01
Wow, we'll done!

How did you get back up to scratch with your work?

To pass GCSEs all you have to do read the texts books and memorise it, honestly..

Quick Reply

Latest