The Student Room Group

Should I text her?

In the library two weeks ago when this girl (whom I know a little though don't speak to much) follows behind me. I didn't realise until I turned around and she said "hey, I've been lookig for you". We were chatting for a bit, just about work. Before we parted, she asked me to being her something and asked me to give my number so we could arrange for me to drop it off. We texted for a bit, though nothing flirty. After all, even though we've been in the same seminar classes, we don't know each other very well.

Anyway, she's a real nice person and really pretty, so was thinking of texting her again to ask how things are with her work and whatnot. Would this be ok? It's been about a month since we last text though we have seen each other at uni and acknowledged each other.

I don't wanna give the impression that I like or am 'chasing' her.
Reply 1
Original post by qwerty_mad
In the library two weeks ago when this girl (whom I know a little though don't speak to much) follows behind me. ... It's been about a month since we last text though we have seen each other at uni and acknowledged each other.

I don't wanna give the impression that I like or am 'chasing' her.

Wat. Time machine?

Why wouldn't you want to give her the impression that you like her if you actually do like her? Texting her isn't going to kill anyone. May as well give it a bash.
Reply 2
Original post by alawhisp
Wat. Time machine?

Why wouldn't you want to give her the impression that you like her if you actually do like her? Texting her isn't going to kill anyone. May as well give it a bash.

Ohh, sorry. I meant about two months ago we bumped into each other in the library.

I see what you're saying. What I mean I don't want her thinking I'm texting as I'm trying it on with her. She has so many guy friends so she'd probably laugh at any such attempt of mine.
Reply 3
I see what you're saying. What I mean I don't want her thinking I'm texting as I'm trying it on with her. She has so many guy friends so she'd probably laugh at any such attempt of mine.

Why would she think that unless you send her a text asking what colour undies she has on? And if she is a really nice person, as you say in your OP, she won't laugh at an attempt to flirt with her. I haven't really known many women who laugh at things like that, unless it's been an incredibly awkward/amusing situation. We're not all heartless harpies you know :smile:

Just do it, don't think about it. If she replies, then great! If not, no big deal, at least you know.
Why would she think that unless you send her a text asking what colour undies she has on? And if she is a really nice person, as you say in your OP, she won't laugh at an attempt to flirt with her. I haven't really known many women who laugh at things like that, unless it's been an incredibly awkward/amusing situation. We're not all heartless harpies you know :smile:

Just do it, don't think about it. If she replies, then great! If not, no big deal, at least you know.

What colour are you wearing alawhisp? :colone:
Reply 5

Cheers. It's just we hardly speak to each other in person so she'll definitely think something's up if I text.
Reply 6
Original post by RichyFrench
What colour are you wearing alawhisp? :colone:

http://www.whitesandsmalls.co.uk/lg_images/Calvin_Klein_2_Pack_Briefs_White_U5609A_100%5B2%5D.jpg

Cheers. It's just we hardly speak to each other in person so she'll definitely think something's up if I text.

Well, probably not. She might just think, "ooo, a text! :h:". You want to talk to someone, just talk to them. It's not a big deal.
Reply 8

I took that picture just for you. So, both.
Reply 9
http://www.whitesandsmalls.co.uk/lg_images/Calvin_Klein_2_Pack_Briefs_White_U5609A_100%5B2%5D.jpg

Well, probably not. She might just think, "ooo, a text! :h:". You want to talk to someone, just talk to them. It's not a big deal.

Thanks. I might just go for it.
Reply 10
Anyone else?
Reply 11
just ask her how it's going, no harm in that, and doesn't sound 'chase-ish' at all
Reply 12
she completely chased you though...
text now! Just a general not seen/heard from you in a while just wondered how you were getting on...type thing.

It's very 'normal' and very 'ok'. Go for it.
Why would you not want her to think that you're trying it on with her by texting... when you ARE trying it on with her by texting?
OP, text her. What's there to lose? Her not replying? I doubt that'll be the case but if it were you haven't lost anything - its not as though you two are in touch at the moment.
Reply 15
Original post by Ebony19
she completely chased you though...
text now! Just a general not seen/heard from you in a while just wondered how you were getting on...type thing.

It's very 'normal' and very 'ok'. Go for it.

But she 'chased' me because she wanted me to give her something. But after I have it to her she told me to keep in touch. It's so hard to read her.
Reply 16
If she told you to keep in touch, go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest