The Student Room Group

Does anyone here lead a double life???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 99luft Balons
Why aren't you allowed a boyfriend?:confused:you're 22? :eek:

Well it's not that I'm not allowed a bf, they just wouldn't like me to be dating someone for a long time, and if they know they'll start pressuring me to get married!

Haha yeah I'm 22... Sounds old to you? :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
I moonlight as a Secret Agent...
By day I am a Conservative and by night I am a Communist.
Original post by Ayshizzle
Haha!

I don;t feel that bad though, am just trying to keep them off my back about marriage. For now anyways :s-smilie: Asian parents!

Oooh...nice...casually stalked your profile and your an Asian babe and a dent student? Me tooo :smile: well...going Leeds next year :biggrin: They're already trying to marry you off?! bit early isn't it? Wait a year or 2 after your VT :smile:
I'm batman
Well it's not that I'm not allowed a bf, it's just that if my parents know they'll start pressuring me to get married!

yeah it does! you grandma :tongue: maybe your parents should start looking actually :wink:
Original post by internetguru
By day I am a Conservative and by night I am a Communist.

interesting, we should definitely meet under cover of darkness.

During the day I'm a communist, and during the night I'm a drunken communist with a love of karaoke.
Im Batman by day and Bruce Wayne by night
Original post by MissRiah12345
Oooh...nice...casually stalked your profile and your an Asian babe and a dent student? Me tooo :smile: well...going Leeds next year :biggrin: They're already trying to marry you off?! bit early isn't it? Wait a year or 2 after your VT :smile:

Yayyyy hii fellow dentist! I went to Leeds (did biomed) before I started dentistry, you'll love it! Also, be sure to visit Jaldi Jaldi in the students' union... My dad owns it :P

Haha well they're not trying to marry me off really. But when my dad was driving me up to Newcastle at the beginning of the year he asked me if I'd thought about settling down! And that he could introduce me to some guys if I wanted and I could get to know them :s-smilie: . I told him I have another 5 years of uni ahead of me so marriage is not on the cards lol. I think it's cos my mum got married when she was 18 and had me at 21, so she sees me as being really old to not be married haha.
Yeah I reckon if I get married it'll be after VT, when I have some money!
Reply 29
Well it's not that I'm not allowed a bf, they just wouldn't like me to be dating someone for a long time, and if they know they'll start pressuring me to get married!

I think you should at least introduce him to them but tell them you're not ready to get married yet.

I'm 15 :wink:
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
I am the 5%. My mother's pretty cool (she sets reasonable boundaries but she's quite strict. So for example she's let me go to a few gigs/paid for my guitar lessons :tongue: but I've never been explicitly told not to drink/date/smoke etc and I've never done those or felt the need to) and I'm not a terribly religious muslim female (well I wear a scarf etc but I feel that I could be better). My mum's pretty awesome.

Guess it depends on how open minded your parents are and how much they are wanting you to integrate.

You don't need to drink, date or smoke to integrate.
yeah it does! you grandma :tongue: maybe your parents should start looking actually :wink:

Haha I feel pretty old compared to some of you guys too :smile:

Lol I think my parents are thinking that I'm getting almost too old to be unmarried sometimes... My mum was married at 18 and had me at 21 so I spose when you look at it from her point of view I am old!
I think you should at least introduce him to them but tell them you're not ready to get married yet.

I'm 15 :wink:

Are you Asian? Lol I see it as quite a big thing to introduce a guy to your Asian parents... Like saying I found my husband! I have another 4 years to do at uni so they'll defo be like "no you can't date for that long, just get married next year" and neither of us are ready for that lol.

My mum knows he's in my life cos I talk about his as a friend a lot, but that's about it!
Don't tell anybody, but at night I dress up in a bat mask and a cape. I go around the city beating up criminals and talking in an extremely badass voice.
Original post by Awesomeosaurus
You don't need to drink, date or smoke to integrate.

Well that's sorta what I meant :smile: hmm reading back haven't really conveyed that message well. I guess what I meant that even though my mum is strict in some aspects that hasn't stopped me integrating etc and hasn't meant that I need to lead a double life either.
Yayyyy hii fellow dentist! I went to Leeds (did biomed) before I started dentistry, you'll love it! Also, be sure to visit Jaldi Jaldi in the students' union... My dad owns it :P

Haha well they're not trying to marry me off really. But when my dad was driving me up to Newcastle at the beginning of the year he asked me if I'd thought about settling down! And that he could introduce me to some guys if I wanted and I could get to know them :s-smilie: . I told him I have another 5 years of uni ahead of me so marriage is not on the cards lol. I think it's cos my mum got married when she was 18 and had me at 21, so she sees me as being really old to not be married haha.

Ahhh I really hope I like it....I chose Leeds out of Birmingham and Liverpoool. Do you think that was the right choice?? I will visit it :wink:
Lol, when my dad came with me to my Leeds interview, as soon as a sikh guy walked past at the dental school his head would just turn! And this was straight before my interview..! I remember just shaking my head thinking...you're already thinking of marrying me off to some randomer on the day of my interview! :|And no, its not late :smile: I think 24/25 is about the right age :smile:
Teehee...anywayss time for beddy byess :smile: Sweet dreamss fellow dentist x
Original post by Productoflabour
By day I'm a mild mannered student, but by night...

a mild mannered student on TSR?
Original post by Meus
It can be both. Britain is a nation composed of multiple cultural and ethnic backgrounds. It would be an accomplishment owned by both their British identity and Asian heritage; both communities would celebrate it.

This is no longer the 19th century where British denotes [caucasian] ethnicity

You may have the wrong thread.
Ahhh I really hope I like it....I chose Leeds out of Birmingham and Liverpoool. Do you think that was the right choice?? I will visit it :wink:
Yep! I don;t know much about Birmingham but I didn't like Lpool, and Leeds is fun :smile: They have the best Students Union in the country!

Lol, when my dad came with me to my Leeds interview, as soon as a sikh guy walked past at the dental school his head would just turn! And this was straight before my interview..! I remember just shaking my head thinking...you're already thinking of marrying me off to some randomer on the day of my interview! :|

Haha! No you are defo too young!

And no, its not late :smile: I think 24/25 is about the right age :smile:

Yeah that sounds decent but I won't graduate til I'm 26 haha! Ah well

Teehee...anywayss time for beddy byess :smile: Sweet dreamss fellow dentist x

Goodnight :smile: x
Living two lives has to be at least twice as difficult!

I'm a non-troll by day and a troll by night, so I guess I lead a double life, on TSR at least.

But seriously?

Is this why you have 7 warning points and 3 red bars?:biggrin:

Original post by SmallStudent
having said that, you must be a young british asian? :biggrin:

Indeed I am :smile:

jheez, 22 is not old! plenty of goras get married double that age:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending