The Student Room Group

Do you smoke in your car?

Scroll to see replies

my dad smokes in my car, but he always has window open so tis more you freeeeze to death :frown:
he isnt allowed to smoke in the house either (well unless he sits by fire with the door open (we have a woodburner)
x
Reply 21
Original post by suffocation1992
When you become an adult, you will realise that life is not like secondary school and grown ups drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. They are perfectly reasonable pleasures that one might enjoy in moderation, socially or for relaxation. If the OP was popping pills off the dashboard, I'd let you make these alarmist remarks, but for one Marlborough Light, pfft get out!

Rubbish.
Original post by real_man
Do you use the car cig lighter thingy?

I normally have my iPod plugged into it, so not really.
Original post by suffocation1992
When you become an adult, you will realise that life is not like secondary school and grown ups drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. They are perfectly reasonable pleasures that one might enjoy in moderation, socially or for relaxation. If the OP was popping pills off the dashboard, I'd let you make these alarmist remarks, but for one Marlborough Light, pfft get out!

Cigarettes are more harmful than most pills so if you think smoking is justified even considering the health effects you should think the same about pills. I agree with you about about cigarettes and alcohol though, people who don't understand why people do it usually ignore the fact it is pleasureable.
Disgusting habit. It should be a law that you can't smoke in your car.
i know people who do it and in my opinion i would prefer if they did it when the car was parked and all the windows open or they stepped out of the car. but then again its not my property so i have no say. aslong as they are adults its their choice no one can stop it, i just hope there isnt any children or babies present in the car or someone who is ill. and when it comes to actually driving and smoking i think you have enough to do no need for a cigarette.

everyone knows the health risks of smoking so i wont get into them.

the smoke just stays there, it leaves a stale smell and it can also effect your eyes in the car just because its concentrated. the ashes aswell.

im never going to let people smoke in my car. they can go outside for that. i know a girl who has a car and a mutual friend used to smoke in it all the time and then that girls parents threatened to take it away because they thought she was smoking. the smoker didnt car though she wanted to do it anyway.
I dont smoke, but if i did, i wouldnt smoke in my car. I dont like the idea of smoking in your car to be honest.
Don't really care if others smoke in their cars. I don't in mine because, although I do smoke, I can't stand the smell of stale smoke in a car.
Reply 28
I smoke... everyone at the lights :cool:
Reply 29
I rarely smoke myself, but I'd never smoke in my car - I don't want the smell of stale smoke lingering in my car.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I smoke in the van on the way to work, but it's not me who drives.

Be careful... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7524526.stm
Reply 31
Nope. I also disallow smoking in any of the company fleet of vehicles especially the vans.
Reply 32
Down under they have a strict law which states no smoking in a car if under 18s are in it

Eh, ****ing nanny state wrapping everything up in red tape all the time. **** 'em. If my smoke isn't affecting anybody else then I'll smoke where I want, and I don't see what right they have to tell me otherwise.

Cheers for the heads up though :yy:
Reply 34
Only if im on fire
Reply 35
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Smoking in cars is dangerous.
Smoking in general is dangerous.
I don't understand why people do it to be honest...

Generally speaking dangerous things are fun, that is why people do dangerous things.

I smoked in my car but only if the passengers didn't mind. And always used the ashtray, can't stand people who litter fagbutts and flick ash on motorcyclists, ****ers the lot of them.
Reply 36
Don't own a car and don't smoke. Woop, chances of living up by 50% :biggrin:
My brother smokes in his car, smells terrible.
My parents are heavy smokers. When I get a car, I'll do my best to get one that's never been smoked in before. I absolutely hate the smell of smoke, everything in my house smells of it. It's bad for you and it's disgusting. They better not try to smoke in my car, or I'm pulling over and telling them to put it out or they can go home and go in their own car.
Reply 39
I do, i have the window open a crack to blow the smoke out of but put the ash and butts in the ashtray. The ashtray then gets hoovered once a week, sorted.

Quick Reply

Latest