The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

has anyone started to send away their certificates etc? Also do you have to wait for the PVG form to come to you first ? Thanks
Reply 1061
Original post by DarrenFlynn66
has anyone started to send away their certificates etc? Also do you have to wait for the PVG form to come to you first ? Thanks

I think it is just easier for them if you send them both together. If you are going to the post offer visit day you can hand them both in then.
yeh I will probably do that, but how do u get a PVG form ???
Reply 1063
Original post by DarrenFlynn66
yeh I will probably do that, but how do u get a PVG form ???

When you firm your offer they will send one out to you - you have to let them know though if you are already a PVG member as they will need to send you a different form :smile:
Hey everyone,

Firstly, congratulations on your offers :smile: I'm very happy for you and I wish you all the best with your medical careers!

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to inbox me their personal statement? I am hoping to reapply to Edinburgh this October, and was looking to get an idea of the standard of successful personal statements.

Thank you very much!
Reply 1065
Original post by _Jasmine
Hey everyone,

Firstly, congratulations on your offers :smile: I'm very happy for you and I wish you all the best with your medical careers!

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to inbox me their personal statement? I am hoping to reapply to Edinburgh this October, and was looking to get an idea of the standard of successful personal statements.

Thank you very much!

Yeah me too please :smile:. I got rejected and would like to reapply this October as well.

Jasmine, what did your feedback say?
Original post by xadmin
Yeah me too please :smile:. I got rejected and would like to reapply this October as well.

Jasmine, what did your feedback say?

:smile: We can help each other out then!

My feedback said:

"Excellent academics, top quartile UKCAT, good non-academics"

Thing is, I thought my non-academics were better than my academics :s-smilie:

What about your feedback?
Reply 1067
Original post by _Jasmine
:smile: We can help each other out then!

My feedback said:

"Excellent academics, top quartile UKCAT, good non-academics"

Thing is, I thought my non-academics were better than my academics :s-smilie:

What about your feedback?

Yes, I will PM you. We can help each other out to make our applications better this year.
Okey dokes. Just firmed Edinburgh! See you folks there!
Reply 1069
did anyone reply to the POVD email address but not get a confirmation? I'm going on the 11th and I never got any sort of reply after the initial invite!
Reply 1070
Original post by nk2012
did anyone reply to the POVD email address but not get a confirmation? I'm going on the 11th and I never got any sort of reply after the initial invite!

I'm the 25th and never got a reply either. Don't know if they will send one though.
I'm not able to go to the POVD. :frown:

Please let me know how it goes...
Reply 1072
Original post by SirMuffin

You'll probably hear a lot about it on the fb group.. Do you have Facebook? Have you joined? :smile: x
Original post by HeatherM
You'll probably hear a lot about it on the fb group.. Do you have Facebook? Have you joined? :smile: x

Could you post the link for the facebook group please? I had a look for it but couldn't find it... though that's probably just me being dense :P
Reply 1074
Original post by barney121
Could you post the link for the facebook group please? I had a look for it but couldn't find it... though that's probably just me being dense :P

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/209757199140548/

There you go :smile:
Reply 1076
Original post by SirMuffin

it was really great - the staff and students all seemed super friendly - the old medical college was very grand while the new medical school and the hospital seemed to have state-of-the-art facilities so for me, it was really like having best of both worlds if you know what i mean?

also the curriculum seems very well-designed and organised - it really seems integrated in every sense of the word - a solid focus on the basic sciences in the first few years - adequate choice in the options within the SSCs (some with a strong research focus) and then a really smooth transition to clinical teaching in years 3,4,5.

if i remember correctly, you were considering kings as well - and being in the same position - i'd pick edinburgh any day :smile:
Original post by nk2012
it was really great - the staff and students all seemed super friendly - the old medical college was very grand while the new medical school and the hospital seemed to have state-of-the-art facilities so for me, it was really like having best of both worlds if you know what i mean?

also the curriculum seems very well-designed and organised - it really seems integrated in every sense of the word - a solid focus on the basic sciences in the first few years - adequate choice in the options within the SSCs (some with a strong research focus) and then a really smooth transition to clinical teaching in years 3,4,5.

if i remember correctly, you were considering kings as well - and being in the same position - i'd pick edinburgh any day :smile:

Pheeeeeewwww. I just firmed Edinburgh two days ago actually. Thanks so much for that. Feels like I've made the right decision! :biggrin:
Reply 1078
Literally crying with happiness, I've got a place!!!! Got made an offer today, so I'll see you there :biggrin: is there a facebook group or anything? Feel so honoured to be accepted :biggrin:
Reply 1079
Original post by Wellies.
Literally crying with happiness, I've got a place!!!! Got made an offer today, so I'll see you there :biggrin: is there a facebook group or anything? Feel so honoured to be accepted :biggrin:

Yeah there is,
http://www.facebook.com/groups/209757199140548/
see you there :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending