The Student Room Group

Doing coursework while at work

for those who have jobs while at uni who has done their coursework/dissertation etc while at their job maybe for those who work in office or call centre or whatever

has anyone done this and do bosses allow this
Yeah, I am guilty of this! I know my boss would shoot me if he knew though!

I work in a shop and there are often times that its dead, so if I am working on my own I'll go out back and look through a few books and take notes for an assignment I am working on and when I see someone walking into the shop through the monitor, I'll just go back out.

But, if you are not working alone ... I guess that could be more tricky!
Reply 2
My boss told me I could bring revision in with me as long as it wouldn't distract me from my work, worked in an off license, but after one shift he said that shelf cleaning should come before my exam! Contradiction much, glad I left!
Reply 3
I'm lucky in that I work in one of the uni's computer rooms, so my boss actively encourages it.

It's good though, if I wasn't working there I don't think I would've got as much work done as I have.
Reply 4
No, why would bosses allow this? They don't want to pay you to do something other than your job.
Reply 5
Not really, but I did take flashcards and kept them in my pocket while I was working at Tesco. If there was a quiet moment or I was taking a break, I could whip them out and refresh my memory. No-one ever bought it up with me, since it didn't stop me from doing my job.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest