The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 35mm_
I've been on sertraline for almost a year now. At first I got trembly hands, but I don't anymore. It lasted for about a month until it settled down. How long have you been on it?

how is sertraline working for you? for me it seems pretty ineffective :erm: they said it should help with depression and social anxiety, but neither have improved at all for me in the six months ive been on it :/
Original post by SciFiBoy
how is sertraline working for you? for me it seems pretty ineffective :erm: they said it should help with depression and social anxiety, but neither have improved at all for me in the six months ive been on it :/

It's a pile of crap. And I've been asking to change my AD for months now but they won't listen. I was originally prescribed it because apparently it's the best AD for PTSD, but I've noticed no lift in my mood whatsoever.
Original post by 35mm_
It's a pile of crap. And I've been asking to change my AD for months now but they won't listen. I was originally prescribed it because apparently it's the best AD for PTSD, but I've noticed no lift in my mood whatsoever.

ah, that sucks :frown: for some reason they are really crap at letting you change meds it seems, took me ages to get mine changed last time. :/ was supposed to have new meds alongside them, but the GP here has to confirm that with Uni GP which seems to be taking ages! I hope they let you change them to something that helps soon :hugs:
Original post by 35mm_
I've been on sertraline for almost a year now. At first I got trembly hands, but I don't anymore. It lasted for about a month until it settled down. How long have you been on it?

if I did I didn't notice tbh, my hands are pretty shaky anyway (I have dyspraxia) so it's possible the meds affected that too.

Thanks for the info:smile:
I've only been on it for about a week and I know it takes longer to work than that but at the moment it seems to be giving all side effetcs and no improvements:frown:
I take it neither of you like it.
Original post by timeandacrayon
I've only been on it for about a week and I know it takes longer to work than that but at the moment it seems to be giving all side effetcs and no improvements:frown:

Give it about 4 weeks and see if you notice any improvements :smile:

not really, no, think im getting my meds confused actually, Sertraline is what I took from February 2010 to October 2011, not only did it not help with my depression but my depression actually got much worse in that time :/ to be fair I don't know the meds should be blamed for that, but certainly they did not help!

the stuff im now taking is Citalophram, which is supposed to be for my depression and social anxiety, though so far has helped with neither (been taking it for 6 months :/)

so yeah, in my experience Sertraline = useless, however they do say new meds can take up to a month to take effect, so give it at least a couple of months before you decide if it's helping you or not :smile: if it's not then talk to your GP again and hopefully they won't be gits and will let you change if that's what you need, I wish you all the best :hugs:
I forgot to post about this the other day, but it seems that my CPN has found a brand new cure for depression.

Wearing shorts.

I kid you not, he actually said to me that I can't be depressed anymore, because I was wearing shorts :s-smilie:

So I decided to wear shorts today, and I am miraculously cured...

Spoiler

Plus he also told me that we are not like baked bean tins. I have no idea what this means. Maybe if I turn up to my appointments high/drunk they will start to make sense...

Spoiler

Original post by bullettheory
I forgot to post about this the other day, but it seems that my CPN has found a brand new cure for depression.

Wearing shorts.

I kid you not, he actually said to me that I can't be depressed anymore, because I was wearing shorts :s-smilie:

So I decided to wear shorts today, and I am miraculously cured...

Spoiler

Plus he also told me that we are not like baked bean tins. I have no idea what this means. Maybe if I turn up to my appointments high/drunk they will start to make sense...

Spoiler

lol, shorts, really? are they on something themselves? :tongue:

you have a strange CPN...

Spoiler

Original post by 35mm_
Give it about 4 weeks and see if you notice any improvements :smile:

not really, no, think im getting my meds confused actually, Sertraline is what I took from February 2010 to October 2011, not only did it not help with my depression but my depression actually got much worse in that time :/ to be fair I don't know the meds should be blamed for that, but certainly they did not help!

the stuff im now taking is Citalophram, which is supposed to be for my depression and social anxiety, though so far has helped with neither (been taking it for 6 months :/)

so yeah, in my experience Sertraline = useless, however they do say new meds can take up to a month to take effect, so give it at least a couple of months before you decide if it's helping you or not :smile: if it's not then talk to your GP again and hopefully they won't be gits and will let you change if that's what you need, I wish you all the best :hugs:

I'll definately give it a while before deciding, I'm meant to be taking it because it's the best for anxiety combined with depression so I'll give it a chance.
I hope your med quests become resolved,:hugs:
I'll definately give it a while before deciding, I'm meant to be taking it because it's the best for anxiety combined with depression so I'll give it a chance.
I hope your med quests become resolved,:hugs:

cool, well like I said, all the best :smile: and thank you!
Original post by avhhs
Still not unfortunately. Its because of one of those things where my dad just had to butt in, thinking he knows everything but he doesn't.

:frown: well sorry you are feeling so down today, hope it picks up soon though hun :hugs:
Original post by Aemiliana
Stay strong, it'll get better eventually, it always does. :console: Try and distract yourself with a movie or something. :hugs:

Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: I'm online if you need to talk :hugs:

:hugs: sorry to hear you are feeling so down at the moment, I hope you feel brighter soon :console:

Thanks guys *sniffs* :sigh: :hugs:
I think the higher dose of citalopram is working. I've felt a bit madly happy the last few days :biggrin:
Went to the gym today, only managed about half what I usually do because I couldn't stop the constant laughing at me. No matter how loud I turned the music it was constant. Left feeling like a fat failure and my girlfriend doesn't believe me either, says it's voices again. I don't know what to think anymore, I hate not being able to trust myself.

Also my scales are ****ed up, I thought I'd lost weight but actually I gained it. ****ing great all that effort with backwards results. :frown:
Quetiapine. Trying to decide what's worse. Looking like a whale or hearing voices. Screw you Quetiapine :angry:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Quetiapine. Trying to decide what's worse. Looking like a whale or hearing voices. Screw you Quetiapine :angry:

I'm putting my weight gain down to quetiapine, it can't be anything else.

possible ED trigger

Reply 6816
Original post by Phoenix07
:frown: well sorry you are feeling so down today, hope it picks up soon though hun :hugs:

I'm OK. Still have hayfever :frown:. Should have left 25 mins ago for the party but my dad insists on being late. The party is only across the road, but still. I'm sure he doesn't have feelings. I always find being late embarrassing.

I hate religious parents :biggrin:
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm putting my weight gain down to quetiapine, it can't be anything else.

possible ED trigger

Isn't it meant to be the most weight gaining anti psych out there? URGHHH. If it were a person I'd kick it in the balls.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Isn't it meant to be the most weight gaining anti psych out there? URGHHH. If it were a person I'd kick it in the balls.

I thought that prize went to olanzapine? I gained 50lbs on olanzapine. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
I thought that prize went to olanzapine? I gained 50lbs on olanzapine. :frown:

Yeah, it's definitely olanzapine, unfortunately for me :frown:

Latest