The Student Room Group

France's autism treatment 'shame'

It's disgraceful that a country that is widely considered to be civilized still considers autism as form of psychosis when nearly all modern studies show it to be a neuro-developmental problem and treating it as such yields vastly better results.

Now this is in the public eye it will probably lead to positive change but that won't do any good for the people who have already been mistreated and the French medical establishment should be made to give a full apology and put it down in writing that they were wrong treating autism as psychosis or as a mental disorder.
Original post by Darth Stewie
It's disgraceful that a country that is widely considered to be civilized still considers autism as form of psychosis when nearly all modern studies show it to be a neuro-developmental problem and treating it as such yields vastly better results.

Now this is in the public eye it will probably lead to positive change but that won't do any good for the people who have already been mistreated and the French medical establishment should be made to give a full apology and put it down in writing that they were wrong treating autism as psychosis or as a mental disorder.

I don't know the debate does not seems as clear as the article lead to think. They throw statistics with no sources...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm not a fan of psychoanalysis to be honest, I think it's quite out dated and largely theory based. I mean I don't know enough about it to fully comment but it does seem strange that autism is treated through psychoanalysis. Autistic children need lots of intensive and early stimulation, encouragement and routine and I don't think psychoanalysis offers them that.
Reply 4
The french people are an embarassment to the 'civilised' world.

This is not news.
Reply 5
Well this is the country where the people's idea of an enlightening revolution was to publicly execute the queen out of jealousy then imprison and abuse her child till he died.

Quick Reply

Latest