The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CiaranF
Thanks very much! If west park are as nice as belmont then I'll go for west park, I dont mind about walking at all. And I'll avoid sea braes. Cheers again

Yeah west park flats are more less exactly the same as belmont. The villas are older though, but still nice. There is a regular bus that stops right outside west park, only costs like £1.20 to get in to campus. But I think I took it once the entire time I was there, and that was only because I had like 10mins to get my essay handed in, the walk is fine.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 581
HI, i have applied for MSc in oil and gas economics in uni of dundee.... anyone here who applied for this course also ??
Reply 582
To anyone still waiting, I phoned admissiosn today to ask when I should hear back and she said that almost all the decisiosn were sent out last week and that the rest are going on this afternoon and i should hear back then...woooo hopefully finally be over!

If not, got told to phone her back haha
Reply 583
Original post by Heraspax
To anyone still waiting, I phoned admissiosn today to ask when I should hear back and she said that almost all the decisiosn were sent out last week and that the rest are going on this afternoon and i should hear back then...woooo hopefully finally be over!

If not, got told to phone her back haha

Just checked and there's nothing appeared on UCAS for me :frown: I don't want to phone them again though :s-smilie: arghhhh hate waiting!!
Original post by CiaranF
Heard back from digital interaction design on friday 30th march, got an unconditional too! Almost 100% sure its where im going as well, just giving it one last thought. Any ideas which the best halls are? Belmont flats??

Really! Where you from? :smile: I've not had a chance to look at any accomodation yet. Do you know when you apply for them?
Reply 585
anyone else going to the open day next wednesday? :-)
Reply 586
Are you able to apply for accommodation if Dundee are your insurance?
Reply 587
Original post by IceCool

Undergraduate Applicants
Our on-line booking service will be available from early/mid April to all entrant applicants for September entry. Applicants will be invited by email to apply once a prospective student has accepted offer to study at theUniversityofDundeeas their first choice (both unconditional and conditional). We are unable to offer accommodation, in advance, to students who have chosen Dundee as their insurance choice.

Via Dundee Uni site
Reply 588
Original post by Kirsty0610
Really! Where you from? :smile: I've not had a chance to look at any accomodation yet. Do you know when you apply for them?

Im from St Andrews, in Fife, Scotland. Where are you from? Not sure actually, but I think it's quite early.
Reply 589
FIRMED DUNDEE (scots/english law) JUST NOW!!!! I'm soooo excited :smile: Only have to do the English language test and that's it!! Aberdeen is my insurance.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CiaranF
Im from St Andrews, in Fife, Scotland. Where are you from? Not sure actually, but I think it's quite early.

I'm from Ayrshire :smile:
Reply 591
Original post by gemmamce
Welldone! im still waiting to hear back from that course!! When was your interview? :smile: x

Hi it was the 16th Jan, so I had a very long wait x
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet or know how much the deposit is?

x.x
Reply 593
Original post by JakeE10
anyone else going to the open day next wednesday? :-)

Yep, me. Looking into Psychology (and politics, out of interest). Recognised that you applied for German, I'm actually German :wink:
Original post by IceCool

Be prepared to look elsewhere for accommodation. I applied for accommodation through the uni on the morning of results day and I still didn't get a place.
Original post by All-That-Glitters
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet or know how much the deposit is?

x.x

£300 probably
Reply 596
Original post by bestofyou
They are all nice except for Sea Braes.

West Park Flats and Villas are in the same complex if the name didn't already give that away. The flats are newer and have the same design as Belmont Flats/Heathfield. Think its usually 5/6 in each flat. The villas are nice aswel. There are 5 villas, and then between 2-4 levels (depending on what villa) in each with one 10 person flat on each level.

West Park is about a 20minute walk from campus, its great though, you don't feel like you are confined to campus the whole time. Plus there is a nightbus that takes you to campus for nights out etc. However sometimes it does get annoying, e.g if you have loads of early morning classes in the middle of winter, but personally the early morning classes in spring/summer semester make up for that imo...more time in the sun :smile:

Belmont flat are nice, the tower I'd never been in so can't comment, but it looks horrible from the outside, but it could be a 5* complex on the inside for all I know. Both Belmont and Heathfield are on campus so you don't need to walk far at all for anything.

Sea Braes is basically on Campus,but slightly further than Bmont/Hfield. You just walk up a hill and you are at the tower building/students union. Personally I didn't like the rooms in healthfield but, seemed quite dingy or something.

All in all, if you don't mind the walk go for west park, its £600 cheaper and there are double beds in most of the villas rooms (I think its most, maybe ring to double check).

But if you want campus accom, make sure you put belmont flats and healthfield as your first and second choice.

I'm kind of surprised at this. Most people I know hate the Villas and West Park in general. I would say the Villas are far more dingy than West Park and the walk I hear is a pretty big pain. It is just what I hear - and may be because my course requires students to bring bulky materials and be on campus 9-5 each day - obviously if it's cheaper, there is an advantage. However personally I would much rather live in Belmont or Heathfield. Not doing the walk saves around 40minutes everyday, friends are less inclined to visit you, plus the reliability of the night bus is fairly questionable (I've tried 3 times to get it and never managed). And in terms of the villas the living space and number of people per flat is not as good as Belmont and Heathfield. Just if you have the option I would most definitely go for something on campus. Of course it is down to what type of person you are, this is just my recommendation. I would advise everyone to visit the accommodation and consider what there daily life will be like at University.
Reply 597
Went to the open day here todayyyyyy, seems really good!!!
Reply 598
Original post by JakeE10
Went to the open day here todayyyyyy, seems really good!!!

Ah, me too! Could have seen you. Which subjects did you visit?

Edit: Man bin ich blöd, steht ja in deiner Signatur :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 599
Original post by Sir Fox
Ah, me too! Could have seen you. Which subjects did you visit?

Edit: Man bin ich blöd, steht ja in deiner Signatur :wink:

Haha why do you think that??? :confused:

And I visited Economics/International Business. you? :smile:

Quick Reply