The Student Room Group

BA Politics Uni Choices

Chances are, that I will get AABB in my AS-levels (at my current rate)

So I've thought about uni's really hard for some time and I know where I want to study:

Nottingham - Politics - AAB
Warwick - Politics - AAB
Birmingham - Political Science - AAB or BBB (A2B scheme)
Loughborough - Politics - ABB
Leicester - Politics - ABB

As you can see, I'm keeping it in the midlands :tongue:
Opinions/advice?
you do seem to have some pretty solid choices there. When it comes to choosing a uni, try to keep in mind also, that you're going to be living there for 3/4 years so social life is also important :smile:
3 of those unis I applied for and I've just firmed Leeds for Politics and Parliamentary Studies. ALL of them are good unis, lboro is my insurance because its a fantastic uni in itself with a great course and good rep.

My biggest piece of advice would definitely be to visit. If you're a really social person Warwick won't necessarily be for you as much as Bham or Notts would. You can only really truly get a good idea of a uni by visiting. I was adamant to make Sheffield one of my 5 but after visiting I absolutely HATED it and had to find somewhere else quickly! So don't be absolutely set on your options before you visit :smile:

Also make EXTRA sure you check out the modules! I applied for Bham and got an offer THEN checked out the modules and found it to be very economics based, which I despised the idea of, so that was one option out the window!

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending