Reply 1540
Original post by rapide66
Is anyone still waiting? Its been a week after the recommended deadline... -_-

I'm waiting :/
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by the man from space
Well i got 3 A's, 5 B's and 2 C's and a D and i got an offer for law but i had straight As for A-levels

They must've loved your PS.
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
There's a lot of competition for the economics course and GCSEs form a large part when evaluating an applicant. At least that's what I was told. Also I seem to be getting varying bits of information from different people. The general undergraduate admission people said last year only people with 7A*s were made offers, whilst the economics undergraduate admission people say that people with less than that were made offers. :s-smilie:

I also attained all A's in my Jan AS exams (I took 4 exams). :smile:

There is equal or more competition for the maths courses, I have an offer for the MMath course and I got 5A*'s 4A's 3B's.
Original post by TheJ0ker
There is equal or more competition for the maths courses, I have an offer for the MMath course and I got 5A*'s 4A's 3B's.

Isn't Maths one of the easiest subjects to get an offer for? (but the offer is extremely hard to met though)
Reply 1544
Original post by Tsunami2011
Isn't Maths one of the easiest subjects to get an offer for? (but the offer is extremely hard to met though)

It is.

I heard as long as you're predicted, AAA and above: you're more than likely to receive an offer. But meeting the offer is another story.
Original post by Bea492
What are your other options? What are your thoughts about Warwick?

I've firmed for Law so I'm obviously completely unbiased :wink:

I firmed Warwick for Law too! Really can't wait, even though I'm still torn between Warwick and the university in my home country (leaning more to Warwick though lol). Will you be living on campus?
Reply 1546
Original post by anxioustaf
I firmed Warwick for Law too! Really can't wait, even though I'm still torn between Warwick and the university in my home country (leaning more to Warwick though lol). Will you be living on campus?

Definitely living on campus! Come to Warwick it'll be amazing :biggrin:
Sigh ...I still can't make up my mind. Finances are apart of it, though in reality without a scholarship, going to college in my country will cost just the same as, if not more than Warwick, especially since job prospects afterwards are....minimal. The market for lawyers is extreeeeemely saturated....

And then Warwick is soooo nice! I love what i've seen of the campus, i love the degree structure, i love the facilities and so on......and just the idea of being in a new country, learning a new lingo and culture..

I'm basically researching everything about Warwick to make sure my choice is right.

Yep. If you're predicted at least AAB you get an offer.
Original post by hassi94
Yep. If you're predicted at least AAB you get an offer.

Really? How come? Do they expect most of the offer holders not to make their offer?
Original post by nightmare91
Really? How come? Do they expect most of the offer holders not to make their offer?

Yeah they end up making like 95% offers (increasing each year because more people know the requirement to get an offer), and I think only 15% of offer holders end up getting in.

For a bit of evidence "if there are no problems [with your application] (such as not being predicted A in Mathematics and Further Mathematics) the Admissions Office then send you a formal offer"
Original post by hassi94
Yeah they end up making like 95% offers (increasing each year because more people know the requirement to get an offer), and I think only 15% of offer holders end up getting in.

For a bit of evidence "if there are no problems [with your application] (such as not being predicted A in Mathematics and Further Mathematics) the Admissions Office then send you a formal offer"

Wow... Is Warwick the only university that has such a weird policy for Maths?

I am not a Maths applicant, but is the Cambridge offer even harder than the Warwick offer? Both require STEP right?
Original post by nightmare91
Wow... Is Warwick the only university that has such a weird policy for Maths?

I am not a Maths applicant, but is the Cambridge offer even harder than the Warwick offer? Both require STEP right?

The Cambridge offer is a lot harder. Warwick requires a grade 1 on any STEP exam for the equivalent A-level offer (but often getting an A* in further maths + a 2 in any STEP is a lot easier). Cambridge usually require 2 '1's on the two harder STEP papers. Cambridge offer around 50 percent of applicants offers (give or take 10% depending on the college - I don't know the exact statistic) and then again about 50% give or take a bit achieve those offers. So in the end it ends up being about a quarter (I think though in real terms it's actually a fifth) who make it from start to finish.
Original post by hassi94
The Cambridge offer is a lot harder. Warwick requires a grade 1 on any STEP exam for the equivalent A-level offer (but often getting an A* in further maths + a 2 in any STEP is a lot easier). Cambridge usually require 2 '1's on the two harder STEP papers. Cambridge offer around 50 percent of applicants offers (give or take 10% depending on the college - I don't know the exact statistic) and then again about 50% give or take a bit achieve those offers. So in the end it ends up being about a quarter (I think though in real terms it's actually a fifth) who make it from start to finish.

This is quite shocking tbh. But I actually like this policy better. A Level results or equivalents are just not enough to differentiate at such a high level. I'd rather have a chance of 50% getting an offer and then it is in my hands whether I make it or not than not getting an offer because of the personal statement or something...

Well I wish you good luck getting those grades! It'll be tough but if you work hard enough, you'll make it :wink:

Original post by f1mad
It is.

I heard as long as you're predicted, AAA and above: you're more than likely to receive an offer. But meeting the offer is another story.

Ok my bad :colondollar:
Reply 1555
Original post by Bea492
What are your other options? What are your thoughts about Warwick?

I've firmed for Law so I'm obviously completely unbiased :wink:

I have offers from UCL and Southampton, so I'm having a hard time to decide which one to go to out of the three. I did like Warwick when I went there, the campus was nice and all, just been having doubts really.
Anyone else still not heard for English?
Original post by ConstantCritic
Anyone else still not heard for English?

You wont hear for a while i think, the staff are defo off today and tomorrow and maybe for the rest of the week
Reply 1558
Unconditional offer for Law :biggrin:
I just firmed law and business studies, now what happens in terms of documents and when can we apply for accommodation?

Quick Reply