The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a moist feeling
Oh yeh definitely need to go all out on that :tongue: we'll do some midday drinking in preparation :biggrin:

Ah who needs second year :tongue: we can do freshers all over again :awesome:

Pre-spotter pint I hear you say? :awesome:
If we're in the last group again :colonhash:

That's not the kind of 'do freshers' I had in mind

Spoiler

Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Spoiler

I... is concerned :tongue:
Original post by MuffinMonster

Don't worry, your gender keeps you safe :colone:

#mightbetakingthistoofar

Spoiler

PRSOM :rofl:

Classic penguin :tongue:

Original post by MuffinMonster

Be afraid.....be very very very very very afraid :colone:
Reply 5904
I have some questions I didn't get to ask at the open day (I was with my Dad)
What's the night life like at barts? Like, where do people generally go?
Also, vitally important question: typically, how much are drinks?
:smile:
Reply 5905

Spoiler

Okay then...
need I be scared?
Original post by Kirya
I have some questions I didn't get to ask at the open day (I was with my Dad)
What's the night life like at barts? Like, where do people generally go?
Also, vitally important question: typically, how much are drinks?
:smile:

Erm our year is probably a bad representation because we haven't really had the union, so we have had to find other sources of entertainment. But naturally, you are in London, pretty much anything you want in terms of night life you can find be that bars, pubs or clubs, it caters for all. You just have to be bothered to go and find them. As with drink prices, it can be pricey to be honest, but in the union it is all very cheap. Either way you will be pre-drinking so much you rarely have to buy much in clubs anyway!
Original post by Kirya
Okay then...
need I be scared?

:yep: :perv:

Pre-drinking is essential for all uni students, more so for London uni students.
Drinks vary a lot in price but generally are quite a bit, drinking in pubs can be alright though when you know where to go :smile:

As moisty said, plenty of variety around, but you can't really go too wrong with a cheap night at the union(s)
Reply 5908
When is the new SU due to be completed?
Reply 5909
Original post by Jai Jai
When is the new SU due to be completed?

Apparently by May, but I have a feeling this is lies. Having seen pictures of the progress so far it looks unlikely!
Should definitely (hopefully may be a better word here :s-smilie:) be done in time for freshers fortnight though!
Original post by tikkitak
Apparently by May, but I have a feeling this is lies. Having seen pictures of the progress so far it looks unlikely!
Should definitely (hopefully may be a better word here :s-smilie:) be done in time for freshers fortnight though!

I heard from G that it was early June :s-smilie:

Walls have been painted... unless they're idiots that should be one of the latter things they do..
Floors looked redone, ceiling looks forgotten as always, so just a case of bar area to be redone and new furniture :dontknow:

But as tikki says, it'll be done well in time for us to ruin it next year :colone:

Original post by Future Doc

G?
G?

Haha. I meant to write George but somehow shortened it to G.
Haha. I meant to write George but somehow shortened it to G.

As you do..

The e-mails we get from him state early May?

Whenever it is, it's not soon enough.... there's only so many times you can ruin Drapers :tongue:
Reply 5914
Walls have been painted... unless they're idiots that should be one of the latter things they do..
Floors looked redone, ceiling looks forgotten as always, so just a case of bar area to be redone and new furniture :dontknow:

But as tikki says, it'll be done well in time for us to ruin it next year :colone:

True, but I'm sure the excuses as to why it won't be finished by x time will keep on coming! Since they said they found asbestos I haven't gotten my hopes up that it'll be done any time soon. I definitely don't think it will be done before we leave for summer :sad:
Reply 5915

I thought he said May in the email?
Although even if it is done by early June, thats when we'll be finishing for summer, so it won't be much use to us then!
Oh well, will just have to make up for our lack of union next year :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
True, but I'm sure the excuses as to why it won't be finished by x time will keep on coming! Since they said they found asbestos I haven't gotten my hopes up that it'll be done any time soon. I definitely don't think it will be done before we leave for summer :sad:

I hope you're wrong, and I also hope that it opens after our exams, and not during :erm:

We'll certainly make up for the lack of union when it gets back though :yep:
I hope you're wrong, and I also hope that it opens after our exams, and not during :erm:

We'll certainly make up for the lack of union when it gets back though :yep:

Well after exams there is like no time really especially if you're going to Barcelona so there will be like nothing going on!
Original post by a moist feeling
Well after exams there is like no time really especially if you're going to Barcelona so there will be like nothing going on!

Very true, I've heard that you're joining the others in the Barcelona trip?
Not going to lie, seriously tempted to just see away the rest of my overdraft and go with and just accept the debt that comes with it :colone:
Very true, I've heard that you're joining the others in the Barcelona trip?
Not going to lie, seriously tempted to just see away the rest of my overdraft and go with and just accept the debt that comes with it :colone:

You should do it :h: if you don't you'll be the only one that doesn't come dude! I have just bought my download ticket too, I'm literally just like **** it with money at the moment. May as well enjoy money while you have a little bit :biggrin:

The crux of my argument is COME TO BARCELONA! I'm booking when I'm back, you should too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending