The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mcluvin
Hey, accepted my conditional offer for FDA Photography and styling, anyone else doing this course? :smile:

I am ! Add me on fb if you like www.facebook.com/bedheadredhead
Reply 421
Original post by ruthsarah94
i'll be at lime grove and applying for those three toooo :smile:

yay...ha i registered at half 9 and it only came up with 3 halls...i was in a big panic thinking they were all full up...i need to be more patient lol :smile: applied for ww,then don gratton then manna ash :smile: whats your order ?
Just applied for accommodation at Manna Ash, Will Wyatt and The Costume Store! Anyone else?
Reply 423
I applied too :smile:
Costume Store, Manna Ash, Don Gratton. I put 'Don't Mind' as my preference for single sex accom., what about you guys?
Reply 424
Original post by Fashionlive
That's what I thought. I read one thread where people were bringing their parents!!! Oh dear!!

I know it sounds bad bringing your parents?for my first interview i was really suprised....cause i thought it was better to be more independent....
but because the interviews and stuff for ual can last for like 5 hrs... it's better to sit there with your parent or friend?they can look after your stuff and talk to u....it's better than sitting alone awkwardly for ages :s-smilie: my poor dad was so out of place...he drove me up there so he was there..poor dad!
Reply 425
Relax everybody,
Last year I've applied to Will Wyatt in May and still got a place.

Will Wyatt has good security and shoreditch/brick lane is a walking distance away. Everything is brand new as well.

Some of the things they don't tell you online:
*Most kitchens have no windows which you can open, it gets hot in the summer when you're cooking and if you're not tidy it will smell bad too.
*3 out of 4 of Will Wyatt blocks are for foundation students at csm, block D is where all the people who do a BA live. I've got a flatmate who's doing a BA and she's kind of stuck with all of us foundation students... if you get into Will Wyatt do your best to get assigned to block D.
*Organized events by Will Wyatt tend to be awful. No one shows up for those. Make it a priority to meet people in the first month, or you will only keep in touch with people from your flat/course. Smokers get to meet other smokers in the courtyard (which is really nice btw! but freezing during winter).
*You have to pay hundreds of pounds for overpriced internet courtesy of ask4, the only internet provider in Will Wyatt. Put some money aside for this when you arrive.
*Your bathroom is tiny.
*You live in Hackney so don't text on your glossy brand new iphone on the way back to halls at 2am. Most of you will be fine, but I know of a few people who had their phones nicked for not being careful.
*The heating isn't strong and you can only turn it on for 2 hours at a time. For me it wasn't actually cold at any time, but my flatmates complained about it. You're not allowed to buy your own heaters either, as these will get confiscated in a termly room inspection.
*All windows open to only about 10cm.
*We've had 2 weeks with no hot water, but this seems to be fixed now.
*The fire alarm in your room is heat activated so don't worry about setting it off. Your hallway is a smoke detector though.

With all of that said, I've still had a great time and got to meet plenty of people! And I've heard other halls can be much worse. Just don't expect it to be a hollywood type of uni experience...

For next year I've applied to Manna Ash, Will Wyatt and Don Gratton.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey, I'm going to be on the FDA Surface Textiles at Lime Grove. Anyone else doing this course?

I've applied for Don Gratton, Manna Ash and Costume Store halls but might end up doing a flat share.
Reply 427
Hey, I'm doing a FDA fashion design and marketing at lime grove... If anyone is interested in forming a group for a house share(as hall are way waay too expensive) then add me on fb at: Merowe Flynn
Reply 428
Original post by LouisaRogers

Hey! Just sent a friend request- my names Thomas Burgess. Did you apply for halls? :smile:
Reply 429
Original post by jadeafrica
i've been talking to my friends sister who is in her third year now i think, in fashion management, which is the course i have an offer for, and she didnt live in halls, but said her friend was at Manna Ash, but said the halls in north london were much nicer inside but hers was nice and better location. i'm more concerned about living in a better location, and want a good nightlife etc :smile:

Yeah me too, I want a good location too! I applied for my accomodation and have put will wyatt, don gratton and manna ash as my choices. Hopefully you will get the ones you want :smile:
Original post by msmith182
yay...ha i registered at half 9 and it only came up with 3 halls...i was in a big panic thinking they were all full up...i need to be more patient lol :smile: applied for ww,then don gratton then manna ash :smile: whats your order ?

i applied for ww, manna ash then don gratton! only because i was unsure about don gratton! hopefully il get will wyatt tho xx
Original post by LouisaRogers

Hiyaaa i've just added you - i'm gonna be at Lime Grove too!! x... Ruth-Sarah McCarthy
Reply 432
Original post by ruthsarah94
i applied for ww, manna ash then don gratton! only because i was unsure about don gratton! hopefully il get will wyatt tho xx

:smile: i found out that about 3/5 of the people at ww are going to be csm foundation students...which may be a problem for the yr after...cause u tend to do house shares with the people u live with...well sometimes anyway :s-smilie: aslong as i get olne of them
Original post by msmith182
:smile: i found out that about 3/5 of the people at ww are going to be csm foundation students...which may be a problem for the yr after...cause u tend to do house shares with the people u live with...well sometimes anyway :s-smilie: aslong as i get olne of them

eeek! I have messaged youuu anyway ! x
is anyone else going to the offers day at high holborn on june 22nd? :smile:
Reply 435
Original post by backbreathe
is anyone else going to the offers day at high holborn on june 22nd? :smile:

Yeah, just reserved a place, what course are you doing? :smile:
Original post by IBryson
Yeah, just reserved a place, what course are you doing? :smile:

awesome! i'm going to be doing fashion buying and merchandising :smile: what about you?
Reply 437
Anyone doing Fashion Management?!
Reply 438
Original post by backbreathe
awesome! i'm going to be doing fashion buying and merchandising :smile: what about you?

Great :smile: im doing fashion marketing and promotion. Have you heard back from halls yet? I havent but i applied to Will wyatt, don gratton and manna ash (in that order). see you at the open day then :smile:
Original post by IBryson
Great :smile: im doing fashion marketing and promotion. Have you heard back from halls yet? I havent but i applied to Will wyatt, don gratton and manna ash (in that order). see you at the open day then :smile:

ah nice :smile: i'm not applying for halls as i don't live that far from london but i'm not sure of anyone who has heard back yet! hope that you get the accommodation that you want! see you at the open day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest