The Student Room Group

If you don't revise you'll end up..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
you will end up doing a year 14 just like me!
Reply 61
Original post by thetobbit
Depends what you're applying for... No matter how much revision you do for a Media (or whatever) degree, its probably not gonna get you anywhere

Questionable...
My flatmate is studying Film, Television and Media. He hasn't even finished his degree yet and the job offers he's already receiving, and the wages those jobs are offering, make me wish i was studying the same thing! he's already made pretty much an average years wages in the last couple of months working on a film. and the offers he's gotten from that are worth stupid amounts of money! i mean it's tough work, he barely sleeps, but still!

i study Architecture at a decent uni, will that secure me a job? who knows, i'm certainly not as sorted as my media studying friend!
Original post by Cll_ws
Questionable...
My flatmate is studying Film, Television and Media. He hasn't even finished his degree yet and the job offers he's already receiving, and the wages those jobs are offering, make me wish i was studying the same thing! he's already made pretty much an average years wages in the last couple of months working on a film. and the offers he's gotten from that are worth stupid amounts of money! i mean it's tough work, he barely sleeps, but still!

i study Architecture at a decent uni, will that secure me a job? who knows, i'm certainly not as sorted as my media studying friend!

Whats his salary?
Reply 63
Original post by cera ess six
Not all unis have hot girls

OK :smile:
Original post by Ra Ra
I know this sounds horrible, but I actually printed off a picture of London Met and put it on my wall, so everytime I look at it I have this sudden urge to revise.

I'm an awful, awful person :frown:

I used to watch Jeremy Kyle. :frown:
fish and chips.jpg
Original post by Ra Ra
I know this sounds horrible, but I actually printed off a picture of London Met and put it on my wall, so everytime I look at it I have this sudden urge to revise.

I'm an awful, awful person :frown:

i might do that with wolverhampton university (local **** uni) thanks for the idea.
Original post by Pawsies
Revising doesn't guarantee you won't end up at ASDA in this climate.

Back to procrastinating I go :couchpotato:

I agree. Revising doesn't even guarantee you'll get all good grades. I should know :colonhash:
Not all unis have hot girls

Not all unis have hot boys...

41aw.jpg
Reply 69
free of debt and (STI's)
(edited 11 years ago)
tired_worker_1350473c.jpg

And if you do revise and get a good job...
Original post by cosmobear92
Not all unis have hot boys...

41aw.jpg

you mad?
you mad?

like I said
41aw.jpg
Reply 73
Original post by Rainingshame
i might do that with wolverhampton university (local **** uni) thanks for the idea.

I concur :wink:
Reply 74
Original post by Cll_ws
Questionable...

I can assure you it's not his Media studies degree that they're interested in.
tramp-230x300.gif
Reply 76
Wth, you guys are so ignorant. Instead of thinking about the things that you want to be, you think of the things you don't want to be whilst disrespecting others. What snobs! You're knocking the confidence of people in these job roles or at these universities, and they may not think of it badly, until you make them question their situation.

Not everyone has an easy road too. They may be smarter but could have ended up in a university or job that doesn't reflect the potential they have.

I really thought this thread was for showing where you want to be. But instead, there's dramatic, rude people, who think not having a levels will make the world end.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ra Ra
Not really, given that I have little to no idea of where I want to go.

I know it's not my ONLY alternative. It is however, one of the bleakest, most depressing, horrific looking universities I have ever seen:

Have you ever actually been there? Agreed, it's not the most aesthetically pleasing :giggle:

But I know someone who did an undergraduate at London Met and then went on to Oxford for her postgraduate. It's what you make of it.

Spoiler

Original post by Miracle Day
No but it sure helps. And we can just hope things will be better by the time we graduate anyway as it's ages away.

Funny, that's what everyone in my year was saying about a month before we were due to get our A-level results. Now I'm halfway through my degree...
Original post by sb123303
Wth, you guys are so ignorant. Instead of thinking about the things that you want to be, you think of the things you don't want to be whilst disrespecting others. What snobs! You're knocking the confidence of people in these job roles or at these universities, and they may not think of it badly, until you make them question their situation.

Not everyone has an easy road too. They may be smarter but could have ended up in a university or job that doesn't relect the potential they have.

I really thought this thread was for showing where you want to be. But instead, there's dramatic, rude people, who think not having a levels will make the world end.

Exactly. + rep

It's more elitism than snobbery at work. I think most of it is in jest, but some people need to be a bit less forward in their proclaims of what 'Their Worst Outcome' would be :sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest