The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6840
yooo bare beef going on ? whats dis about let me in lol.. politics ? and some one sadi they dint like urdu speaking ppl:mad:
wagwan der ?
Reply 6841
Btw would anyone know what would be the minimum cost to go Umrah in last ten days of ramadhan ? .... a bit short on Dough at the moment
Original post by frenchfries
There's nothing hotter than a man who can cook. Seriously, not even firefighters can compare :biggrin:

I'm a big fan of Traditional Pakistani food.Paratha for breakfast :colondollar:

Yeah, add Lebanese and French(just about) to the list :wink:

Tbf Pakistani men are hot too :smile:

yeh both involve fire one in the kitchen one in the streets
We eat parathas too do u like stuffed parathas or non stuffed ones? What type? I like making parathas
:smile:
We need to find u a half pakistani Mediterranean guy (like Spanish) who cooks great Pakistani and Mediterranean food and works part time as s fireman :smile: any other qualities u want to add to the list. Oh yeh the guy will have s great personality and be a complete gentleman
Original post by zubz91
yooo bare beef going on ? whats dis about let me in lol.. politics ? and some one sadi they dint like urdu speaking ppl:mad:
wagwan der ?

Well this guy was saying Indian ppl and those coming from india as migrants to pakistan are unattractive compared to pakistanis who've always been there . He said we don't have much in common And that Urdu speaking people are just minority group in Pakistan

Im going to coast today so I will reply to ur post in long way when I've Packed
Original post by frenchfries
There's nothing hotter than a man who can cook. Seriously, not even firefighters can compare :biggrin:

I'm a big fan of Traditional Pakistani food.Paratha for breakfast :colondollar:

Yeah, add Lebanese and French(just about) to the list :wink:

Tbf Pakistani men are hot too :smile:

is it still hot if they cook the paratha with a bottle rather than rolling pin..like improvising lol

stuffed paratha with pickles and yoghurt is tasty
Reply 6845
Original post by brownchocolateice
Well this guy was saying Indian ppl and those coming from india as migrants to pakistan are unattractive compared to pakistanis who've always been there . He said we don't have much in common And that Urdu speaking people are just minority group in Pakistan

Im going to coast today so I will reply to ur post in long way when I've Packed

Raah like bare hate yo.. wdu mean, if it wasnt for urdu speaking people pakistan wouldnt have been made. sacrifices were made. Pakistan was made due to the reason MUSLIMS and hindus werent happy with each other and couldnt live together, we were different people in religion matters and therefore required a new state the Two nation theory is entirely based on that. At the time Urdu speaking people were well off and more literate than any others.
When Pakistan was formed we didnt have enough resources financial etc. Offices were started by Urdu speaking people as they were more Knowledgeable and had a substantial education. etc it was easy for muslims who were already in pakistan but harder for the people who migrated from India... Trains were chopped up by sikhs, at every stop they feared for their lives. as at any moment sikhs would come in and slash whole trains including women and children. Urdu is the national language btw .

ah oryt bro have a good time dunno if the above made sense or not really slepy lol
Reply 6846
Original post by LowRider
Wasn't it just part of the mongul empire

before that it was rules by different kingdoms ?

Yes it was and the mughal empire had both the lands(most of what is now india and pakistan)

tension to lena padega yaar mere reputation line pe hai aur mere ek dost ne bhi kaha bahut differences hain..woh apne evidence ke liye comemnt use kar sakta hai

Lol argue krne se faida nahi I say it again

Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
It didn't really have a name as it was never a united country, nonetheless some still give inaccurate names like 'Hindustan'/'Bharat'. That area was scattered with a myriad of provinces which were in no way united. 'India' was a name conjured up by the British.

It was mughal empire for a long while till brits came along and that is why we have the tomb of jahangir and badshahi mosque in pakistan whilst taj mahal and other things in india
We have minhas in lahore punjab and in delhi on indian side we have proper family names going on since centuries before goras came whiare now found on both side of the borders because we have the same ancestors :smile:

I used to live in pak and I studied history there so u do know this but for you I recommend wikipedia
Do educate yourself :smile:
Reply 6847
lol 29 isnt too old..is it? yeh i thought he was younger as well.
wow you must be a pro if you got bull's eye first go plus you're from Notts you should be pro with the archery and be the asian girl version of robin hood. could also have a movie on you..shoot the bull's eye like Robin kind of like bend it like beckham. hehe i wonder if there has if there hasn't i'll audition :teehee:
ive never tried snickers milkshake but maybe i should cos u say its good.
yeh deepika's name is a bit unusual sounding.

thx for the welcome..:hugs:
special welcome from aus..cos we like our hugs

ok its in the next reply

Nah 29 not old I just thought he was younger for some reason.
Lol that was my first and last time doing archery. Lol meh I'm not into acting..mein to sirf ik seedhi saadhi larki hn :mmm: I'll leave the films to you, you're a pro anyway what with all them yt bollywood stories :tongue:
Haha I'm sure you guys do. That vid was sweet. We defo needs some more love in this world.
Reply 6848

I know him. He was my housemate last 2 yrs. He is a Pakistani student from Pakistan..lovely guy. He studied for a yr went to Pakistan and now in Canada for work. He is from Karachi initially. But he's not really religious..just during Ramadan. He is about 26, has dated-had a gf here who was Pakistani as well as a Chinese one and does drink and go clubbing. So maybe not 100% ideal.
He is the perfect son when he is back in Pakistan though and his family is quite well connected in Pakistan and all have good jobs and are professionals
:smile:

Lol is all I have to say
Thanks for the insights. I've heard a lot about you Mr. Straight up G. :smile:
That's sad to hear that Pakistanis get treated badly in Saudi. Things must be better in uae though? I can imagine Indians get treated badly as well.
I came across this video from Qatar. Its quite shocking to be honest.

I don't think they are much better in UAE tbh, probably just as bad. 2/3 people in my family live there, and I know others who go there on visits, and they've all at various points spoken of bad experiences with Arabs, though they're there as professionals mainly, not as unskilled labourers (ie, the position that most Pakistanis are forced into over there).

I guess the racism against darker skinned people is probably greater.
Its sad that one would have to hide their culture and background to fit in. I wonder if there's anything we can do to change Arabs views against non-Arabs and make them more accepting. not speaking urdu and trying to make oneself more Arab isnt going to make them like asians more. better to be proud of what you have.
It's about fitting in, and business would probably suffer in the long term, or at least opinion about you, if they knew you were Pakistani. What's more sad is that people have to go to these lengths because Arabs are so racist. This particular guy was raised in KSA so he probably knows all about the racism.

Are all your Indian friends Punjabi? Do you have urdu speaking friends as well? It's true that Pakistan is becoming more Islamic but that shouldnt mean there should be animosity towards non-Islamic cultures. There is no guarantee that if someone has similar religious beliefs they would always be friendly. I am sure Pakistanis are treated better and respected more in India than Saudi or UAE, they why should there be so much distancing. Just saying we have things in common doesn't mean we are teh same.
I like to think that as asians we have soem commonalities like people from Europe have. it doesnt mean we have the same identity but we do have some shared values. Culture plays a part- Sri Lankans would find more similarities with SOuth Indians especially if Tamil, Punjabi Indians and Pakistanis will have things in common, Urdu/Hindi speaking people in both countries will have things in common and Bangladeshis will have some things in common with Indian Bengalis. Even people from different parts of same country with different cultures dont get along.

Yep mainly punjabi, none of them speak Hindi. There is great animosity in Pakistan for India, because of the partition and events after it. However, it's not exactly a part of daily life, and people don't really give a damn unless it's mentioned, I think they'd prefer to live and let live (can't really verify this, because I don't live there, but that's my general impression from regular visits). Pakistanis treated better in India than in KSA? Ahaha, are you actually joking? Are you taking the piss? What's this about Hindu nationalistic parties threatening to wipe out Pakistan gaining great support in Eastern India, and anyone remember the Gujarat massacre? Muslims are suffering in India, there positive discrimination laws in India which completely disregard the Muslims, and make them compete with Brahmans for jobs, where Dalits and the other lower Indian castes get easy access, it's absolute bull**** mate.

We do have some shared values, this was accepted a long time ago, what is your point?

you say you don't have a deep hatred for Indians. Thta's good to hear..but that makes me think you have some sort of hatred.like a milder form of it. You don't though, right?

That's good that asians in UK get along. It would have been sad if they didn't since the UK is like a second subcontinent because there are lots of Indians/Pakistanis.

I'll hate an Indian just as much as he hates me. Everyday Indians can't do jack about their country's attitude to Indian Muslims or Pakistanis in general, and a majority of the ones here that I know are fairly open and don't really care about what's going on back home, so yeah, if anyone chooses to dislike me, then I'll dislike them back just the same.

Im going to reply here because i dont want to go on that thread anymore. Thanks for saying you thought the part in bold was somewhat objectionable.
Well thanks for going on that thread and confirming what sweet science said. so the bolded parts were all you found objectionable? HOw is it debatable and just "even objectionable" to stereotype, generalise and be disrespectful towards an entire group of people just because they're Indian or have darker skin or whatever. I responded to that comment by saying i thought a lot of the british pakistanis here wouldnt agree with such comments but i dont know maybe it was wrong of me to assume too much. If people agree that's ok it's just a valid opinon. I am sure you have more respect for your Indian friends than that.

I said it was debatable and offensive. He wrote some stuff about Indians being less attractive, and hence I said it was debatable, because attractiveness is subjective, and offensive, because it's wrong. I myself liked an Indian girl for 1/2 years (not a hope in hell she liked me back though at that time aha). The other thing he said was that marriages shouldn't be decided solely on love, that other factors like finance and family should be taken into account etc. Whilst initially this seems correct, I don't think I've ever properly been in love, so I can't say how I'd act, so I said it was debatable. Calm down bro

Obviously different parts have different cuisine. North Indian food is different to South Indian but the non-veg dishes are quite similar. When i go to a Pakistani restaurant or an Indian restaurant i see similar dishes being served like biryani and what not.
I am sure Karachi and Mumbai have similarities as do places in the north as many moved after partition bringing their culture with them. Religion is the main dividing factor between India and Pakistan not exactly anything else.
ANd we do have similarities in language between Hindi and Urdu.
Or do you think the whole point i was making about Indians and Pakistanis having similarities is completely false? Maybe we have nothing in common we have as much common as Iran and Saudi Arabia or Iran and UK then.
Im obviously spending my time here as compared to any other thread on international lounge because i have an inferiority complex as sweet science said or because i am deeply unattractive. I now realise the error of my ways. Thank you for letting me see the light.

I'm not gonna argue over cuisine, there is no argument to be had, and it's a minor aspect. Religion isn't the only dividing factor, ethnicity, cultural and social values, there are many things. Urdu is spoken by a small minority in Pakistan, Punjabi/Sindi/Pashto is the working class language.

I never said it was completely false, I said that I agreed with Dr. SS in that it's wrong to just classify Pakistan and India as 'the same country/region''. There are similarities, I accept that, but he is on the right lines. I never said anything about Indians being inferior, because they are not, I just merely said that they are, broadly speaking, different. Get over it. I have Indian friends who I've known since I was 4, they're Hyderabadi and we get on very well. But we get on well through English culture, our 'home' cultures, whilst comparable, are definitely different.

Facts we have established;

•

Punjabi Pakistanis and Punjabi Indians are fairly similar in a variety of ways

•

Pakistanis and Indians on a whole are generally different

•

People in Pakistan and India generally dislike people from the other country

•

Pakistani and Indian migrants in western countries are less likely to have this bias

•

It is silly to think of Pakistan and India as an identical region, merely split by a border LoC.

Reply 6850
Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
Aww, my poor Indian buddy, want a dummy? Stop acting like a victim and man-up. You're pathetic!

'Prejudiced idiots'? Just because you seem to have a hard time handling the truth don't start moaning.

'Many have dated Indian muslims and hindus'? Since when? loool

British? We' re talking about Pakistanis and Indians. :s-smilie:

Ayesha is a tool! It has nothing do with whether she is a male/female as she has no clue on our history, if she did, she wouldn't make a fallacious statement by saying that Pakistanis originated from 'India'.

Word of advice, get an Indian girl.

my grandparents waas indian so i find that quite offensive
yeah pakis did come from india
any saag left over- I`m hungry!!!!

Original post by zubz91
Btw would anyone know what would be the minimum cost to go Umrah in last ten days of ramadhan ? .... a bit short on Dough at the moment

my mums going just before ramadhan- her package for 2 weeks is £650 including accomodation and transport. i think thats the cheapest you can get!

Original post by Straight up G

Facts we have established;

•

Punjabi Pakistanis and Punjabi Indians are fairly similar in a variety of ways

•

Pakistanis and Indians on a whole are generally different

•

People in Pakistan and India generally dislike people from the other country

•

Pakistani and Indian migrants in western countries are less likely to have this bias

•

It is silly to think of Pakistan and India as an identical region, merely split by a border LoC.

reading through this thread- it took a long time to establish this!

we`re all different! does it really matter? it would be boring if the whole world came from pakistan. actually i think there would be chaos! lmao
Just came back from Manchester last night and realised just HOW MANY pervy pakis there are there :redface:

Its like...pakistan.
Original post by Straight up G
blah

how was it?!
still got ur shoes? :tongue:
Reply 6854
Original post by Petro_99
any saag left over- I`m hungry!!!!

my mums going just before ramadhan- her package for 2 weeks is £650 including accomodation and transport. i think thats the cheapest you can get!

reading through this thread- it took a long time to establish this!

Yh i think thats what am gna be on and bout £500 for food and that?
Original post by Farwa
Yes it was and the mughal empire had both the lands(most of what is now india and pakistan)

It was mughal empire for a long while till brits came along and that is why we have the tomb of jahangir and badshahi mosque in pakistan whilst taj mahal and other things in india
We have minhas in lahore punjab and in delhi on indian side we have proper family names going on since centuries before goras came whiare now found on both side of the borders because we have the same ancestors :smile:

I used to live in pak and I studied history there so u do know this but for you I recommend wikipedia

Hey seeing as you we brought up in pakistan I got a few question fro you. What was it like being brought up there I know I have a kinda idea but seeing as you've had an experience of both sides what were your culture shocks etc. What was your education in pakistan like in comparison to here? and anything else you think I may find interesting. Thanks

Regarding the empires the different ethnic groups still remained fairly closed no? Like even the punjabis you have casts and it's probably only recently that people have married outside this?
Original post by zubz91
Raah like bare hate yo.. wdu mean, if it wasnt for urdu speaking people pakistan wouldnt have been made. sacrifices were made. Pakistan was made due to the reason MUSLIMS and hindus werent happy with each other and couldnt live together, we were different people in religion matters and therefore required a new state the Two nation theory is entirely based on that. At the time Urdu speaking people were well off and more literate than any others.
When Pakistan was formed we didnt have enough resources financial etc. Offices were started by Urdu speaking people as they were more Knowledgeable and had a substantial education. etc it was easy for muslims who were already in pakistan but harder for the people who migrated from India... Trains were chopped up by sikhs, at every stop they feared for their lives. as at any moment sikhs would come in and slash whole trains including women and children. Urdu is the national language btw .

ah oryt bro have a good time dunno if the above made sense or not really slepy lol

hope uve been getting some sleep.
I didnt really get his comments not sure if he can speak Urdu.
I know Urdu is the main language but ive heard people say its a minority language. idk whats true. i like urdu its very poetic. Partition was a pretty bad time lots of killing happened but that happened few generations ago before we were born so we shouldnt think we cant change our attitudes.
i dont know mate thinks he just hates dark skinned people and indians. :frown:

nt that it affects me cos im a mast mast dude
Original post by Farwa

koi faida nahi hai par jab koi mere khilaf kuch kehta hai to main chup kaise rahoon. apni izzat ka sawal hai yaar
aur waise lagta hai usse urdu nahi aati to bechara jal raha hai

rishte mein hum uske baap lagte hain :smile: to beta ko samjhana padega na?
Original post by HumiT
Nah 29 not old I just thought he was younger for some reason.
Lol that was my first and last time doing archery. Lol meh I'm not into acting..mein to sirf ik seedhi saadhi larki hn :mmm: I'll leave the films to you, you're a pro anyway what with all them yt bollywood stories :tongue:
Haha I'm sure you guys do. That vid was sweet. We defo needs some more love in this world.

you should give archery another go..and if u hit the bull's eye again they'll make you the cupid for nottingham :smile:
i try with the bollywood stories..try to deliver what the audience wants. what stories do u like.
Original post by HumiT
Lol is all I have to say

thats what he tells me..what really happens only he knows. :smile:

Latest