The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

if you don't like some 'darker' photography or eyes i advise you not to look lol

20 Minutes at Tower Bridge by georgegabriel, on Flickr

I'm not sure if I like this one or not..
Original post by georgegabriel

20 Minutes at Tower Bridge by georgegabriel, on Flickr

I'm not sure if I like this one or not..

It looks pretty cool.
What were your camera settings?
I know I just posted a couple of days ago, but I found this while looking through some older photos.

DSC_0505.jpg
Reply 3445
IMG_2187 (1).jpg

Just started photography and trying things, really.
I've been taking a few odd self-portraits over the past fortnight or so, and have decided to share a few:

After Halsman's photograph of Dali (Dali Making His Skull of Nudes)

My local train station.

Haggerston Station
Original post by ocelotrevs
It looks pretty cool. What were your camera settings?
Thanks very much. Shutter Speed was 1 second, ISO was 400 and the Aperture was f/8.0 :smile:
Original post by ocelotrevs

My local train station.

Haggerston Station

Not sure about the composition of this one, it doesn't really feel like it's very intentional.

Cropping it gives it a bit more focus but personally it still doesn't quite work for me.

Edited--2.jpg

Original post by philistine
I've been taking a few odd self-portraits over the past fortnight or so, and have decided to share a few:

After Halsman's photograph of Dali (Dali Making His Skull of Nudes)

Interesting style, it's cool to see someone doing something really different. Really good compositions, the photo where you've got all the frames lined up must have been a pain to do. The only one that doesn't really work for me is the mirror one, it just doesn't look right for some reason.

Original post by Groat
IMG_2187 (1).jpg

Just started photography and trying things, really.

Looks good to me, the colours are great and the angle you've taken the photo from makes the lizard look really quite majestic! The fake background (I'm assuming) gives it bit of b-movie charm in a way, you could apply some quirky filters to play on that or you could boost the saturation to make it look more fake and it might work really well.
Hehe I know that these are not that good compared to a lot of what has been posted on here, but for what it counts, whatever! Any constructive criticism is welcomed^^.

The first two photos were taken at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan and the last one is just in my house xD.
IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg
Reply 3451
just a spring day :smile:
untitled_59.jpg
Original post by iwantcheese5
Not sure about the composition of this one, it doesn't really feel like it's very intentional.

Cropping it gives it a bit more focus but personally it still doesn't quite work for me.

Edited--2.jpg

Thanks for the input, but I decided not to crop it before I posted it. I prefer it like that.
Reply 3453
Just a selection showing the natural beauty of Corsica and the lake district :smile: (All taken on DofE expeditions)

Corsica:

031.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

058.jpg

067.jpg

101.jpg

174.jpg

208.jpg
(thats created by the sun shining on the sea believe it or not.. it was a bit of a rush to get a photo of it out of the window of a moving coach! & it could do with a bit of cropping from the bottom...)

(continued on next post) :smile:
Reply 3454
(continued from previous post)

Lake District:

P1050582.jpg

P1050583.jpg

P1050607.jpg
(those dogs may look cute, but in reality they were barking incredibly fiercely as we walked past)

P1050626.jpg

P1050650.jpg

P1050679.jpg

hope you enjoyed them :h:
sorry for two photos in the same week but i didn't expect to be taking any this week :smile:

Countryside and Clouds - an HDR Panorama by georgegabriel, on Flickr
Reply 3456
IMG_3367.jpg

Harbor in Copenhagen. - quite like the crowdedness of this one.
A friend really liked this one, so I figured I'd see if the trend continues on here:

Reply 3458
DSC_0101 copy.jpg
Taken in Brighton at the world record time warp attempt. My chosen subjects in a level photography were always something that could be palmed off as 'photojournalism' so I could just go wherever I wanted and take photos without the tedium of setting stuff up/models etc. much to the annoyance of my teachers :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by aefli
IMG_3367.jpg

Harbor in Copenhagen. - quite like the crowdedness of this one.

Instagram?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending