The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Turf Moor.

The inbred bastards have/had wooden seats in the away end.
Too many to list. Some of the Premier League grounds are pretty awful, but i'd go with Barnsley i think.
When are you going to run out of stupid threads to make?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?u=390692&starteronly=1&userid=390692&filter[userid]=390692&filter[type]=thread&page=2
WTF man, think of something other than best/worst next time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Depends what you mean by worst, i prefer the older, falling apart grounds.

Fratton park was pretty much falling apart, as was London Road but the terraces made it better.
The one that springs to mind this season is the Reebok in Bolton. Crappy, modern, soulless, lifeless identikit stadium that looks like it was put together from a flatpack. No character, no soul, and as much atmosphere as a morgue. All topped off by small-time cretins doing Munich gestures all game when they were safely locked in their own end and then disappearing quietly after the game. Funny how they don't want to say it directly to our fans, the little ****ers!
Reply 6
Lancasters stadium is probably the worst I've experienced.

The Reebok Stadium is pretty lifeless too.
Goodison park is pretty poor. Loads of seats have restricted view but the clincher is the racist fans, my dad reckoned it was like going back in time.
I wouldn't say it was 'awful' but Barnet's away end is standing only so standing + people jumping into you for 90 minutes.
Original post by warwickorbristol
Goodison park is pretty poor. Loads of seats have restricted view but the clincher is the racist fans, my dad reckoned it was like going back in time.

I actually like Goodison Park, its a great old fashioned style ground. If you're sat in an area with restricted views, move somewhere else!

It's dreadful at the back of the top tier with that truss thing hanging over but if you move lower down its good. I love my run down old-skool grounds. The church in the corner adds something to the character of the stradium too.
Reply 10
Prenton Park that is all.....
Reply 11
Original post by brightonlad89
I wouldn't say it was 'awful' but Barnet's away end is standing only so standing + people jumping into you for 90 minutes.

That sounds **** hot. Then again you must be used to eating your prawn sarnies in peace and quiet on your nice padded seats at the Amex so I see where you're coming from.....
Reply 12
Original post by Laertes
Turf Moor.

The inbred bastards have/had wooden seats in the away end.

This! Absolutely shocking ground... My garden shed comes to mind.
Original post by Super_Hans
That sounds **** hot. Then again you must be used to eating your prawn sarnies in peace and quiet on your nice padded seats at the Amex so I see where you're coming from.....

Priestfield is actually my home ground.

But since you've mentioned the Albion, the Amex perhaps makes up for when B&H didn't even have a proper stadium to call their own, and it certainly seems to have gotten the best out of them, they're on fire.
Reply 14
lol u guys ain seen ****. go to kenya and see the stadiums there! we'r blesssedd here! i live near emirates! it proper!
Portsmouth's Fratton Park. It is literally four warehouses around a pitch. Saying that, I've only ever been to three grounds (Stadium of Light, Fratton Park and Anoeta)
Portsmouth - Fratton Park.
Original post by IanDangerously
I actually like Goodison Park, its a great old fashioned style ground. If you're sat in an area with restricted views, move somewhere else!

It's dreadful at the back of the top tier with that truss thing hanging over but if you move lower down its good. I love my run down old-skool grounds. The church in the corner adds something to the character of the stradium too.

How can you move seats if it's a sell out?
Reply 18
The Northern Echo Arena - Darlington.

International Stadium - Gateshead - Made for athletics so it has a massive running track around the pitch destroying any chance of atmosphere. Gateshead are building a new 10.000 seater stadium though. Hopefully they can get a good number of supporters even with Newcastle doing well.

I also agree with whoever prefers the older grounds to the new ones. The new flat-pack build stadiums are terrible - Bolton, Wigan, Sunderland, Coventry etc etc.

I wish we still had grounds such as The Dell & Highfield Road.

Even being a Newcastle fan, Roker Park was a proper ground.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Compared to Wembley , Old trafford is very dull.

Latest