The Student Room Group

Journalism Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by ChubbyWatermelon
yup... just got the email... Im not sure. I mean what are they expecting for IB? O.O

im not sure haha i dont know yet either!
Reply 121
I got my offer from Nottingham Trent, through CBSE and I am going to make it my insurance.
I am an international student, and I am going to study Broadcast Journalism.
Any tips, advice, suggestions?
Original post by gonchanya
im not sure haha i dont know yet either!

hehe actually, I have been so busy lately with spanish orals and art exams THIS THURSDAY! *faint*
I barely had any time to look at the scholarship requirements.
May next week ill check it out
I think its ridiculous that people are saying the harrow campus at Westminster is "far out of London" because it really isn't, this is why the tube exists in London to get around in London. If you really felt the need to go right into central London it would take you 36 minutes by tube from Northwick Park, not exactly "ages away". It doesn't matter where you do journalism, its whether you have something to give to journalism that someone else doesn't. Its all about your standard of working and what you can do over where you went to university, people with snobbery towards universities won't get very far in their career if that's how they approach all situations.
Reply 124
hehe actually, I have been so busy lately with spanish orals and art exams THIS THURSDAY! *faint*
I barely had any time to look at the scholarship requirements.
May next week ill check it out

Just put sheffield as my firm yesterday :smile: With Newcastle as insurance
Just put sheffield as my firm yesterday :smile: With Newcastle as insurance

wow!!! thats great. i firmed sheffield and leeds as my insurance.
Reply 126
wow!!! thats great. i firmed sheffield and leeds as my insurance.

thats awesome :smile: i am just starting final revision today... feeling like i have no chance of getting into uni. gah. i should have started earlier.
have you applied for endcliffe?
Reply 127
thats awesome :smile: i am just starting final revision today... feeling like i have no chance of getting into uni. gah. i should have started earlier.

From my experience, most people start in Easter - so don't worry!
If you started before that you wouldn't have learnt everything anyway :smile:
Reply 128
sheffield or portsmouth?
i know sheffields meant to be the best and it has the highest grades, but i felt like portsmouth is a bit more creative and harder to get into? because i had to do the extra admissions tasks.
i dont know which one to firm!

DONT WORRY YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Ive started revision too!!! LET US TRIUMPH OVER THE DEVILISH IB SYSTEM! (actually, we need to get the 35!!!) (warrior's cry SPARTAAA) HEHE just kidding.

well yup ive applied. :smile:
if we survive the next two months and end up in sheffield we should meet up.
Reply 130
DONT WORRY YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Ive started revision too!!! LET US TRIUMPH OVER THE DEVILISH IB SYSTEM! (actually, we need to get the 35!!!) (warrior's cry SPARTAAA) HEHE just kidding.

haha we should :smile: and i am extremely worried. especially for maths and bio! but yes, good luck and hopefully everything will be okay :smile:
Reply 131

by the wayyy, are you applying for the scholarship? i am finding myself lost in time, not having enough to write the personal statement they ask for!
Reply 132
Original post by beealex
sheffield or portsmouth?
i know sheffields meant to be the best and it has the highest grades, but i felt like portsmouth is a bit more creative and harder to get into? because i had to do the extra admissions tasks.
i dont know which one to firm!

sheffield! :smile: i heard from a few people that they really didn't like portsmouth :/ but if you feel like you like the course more, try basing it around that!
City or Cardiff, guys? I feel soooo undecided... City seems to focus way more on practise which I like but Cardiff has a really good reputation, too, and living there is cheaper... what would you do?
:confused:
by the wayyy, are you applying for the scholarship? i am finding myself lost in time, not having enough to write the personal statement they ask for!

actually... i just applied. around 10 seconds ago. SAME HERE... i was lost. i didnt really know about 'academic achievements' so i wrote about all the stuff i did in school... basically. i dunno. i found it the hardest part. and they are really specific as well eh!
Reply 135
actually... i just applied. around 10 seconds ago. SAME HERE... i was lost. i didnt really know about 'academic achievements' so i wrote about all the stuff i did in school... basically. i dunno. i found it the hardest part. and they are really specific as well eh!

oh well done! i wrote my essay last night :/ sound like an absolute douche on paper so I doub't anything would come about. also because my IGCSE grades are horrible! haha. either way good luck :smile: Ill hopefully apply tonight!
Reply 136
oh well done! i wrote my essay last night :/ sound like an absolute douche on paper so I doub't anything would come about. also because my IGCSE grades are horrible! haha. either way good luck :smile: Ill hopefully apply tonight!

Theres a scholarship?!

yea... dont worry, my MYP grades suck as well! :P I KNOW! i kinda look bad on paper too... GOOD LUCK THOUGH!
which scholarships are you applying for?
Original post by lauren_a
Theres a scholarship?!

yup... for sheffield. For IB, sri lankans and other specific countries.
Reply 139
Original post by lauren_a
Theres a scholarship?!

haha yes, but only for ib sadly :frown:

Quick Reply