The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Postgraduate Applicants 2012

Just thought I'd start a thread for all those who have applied to Sheffield's postgraduate courses (and are thinking of accepting the offer!), just so we can find out what everyones doing, and can get to know each other before we start in September!

I've applied to a few postgraduate courses there, but I think I'm going to accept my offer for the masters degree in Marketing Management Practice (MSc).

Anyone else applied to any postgraduate couses at Sheffield?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

I've applied to Sheff and received a conditional offer for MA Global Justice. Excited, accepted my offer and planning to live in Ranmoor, but never have left California for a long period of time before.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Hello!

I have accepted a conditional offer to study Archaeology :smile:
Now I'm just waiting for them to receive the documents they asked for and for me to be able to apply for financial aid.
Reply 3
Original post by kkleon
Hello!

Now I'm just waiting for them to receive the documents they asked for and for me to be able to apply for financial aid.

Were you also offered automatic scholarship for international students?
Also, can we continue to use FAFSA for financial aid?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jeffkloy
Were you also offered automatic scholarship for international students?
Also, can we continue to use FAFSA for financial aid?

Yes I was offered the automatic scholarship :smile:

And yea, you have to apply to FAFSA in order to be able to get any loans. As part of the loan application process with them you have to submit your SAR.
Reply 5
Original post by kkleon
Yes I was offered the automatic scholarship :smile:

And yea, you have to apply to FAFSA in order to be able to get any loans. As part of the loan application process with them you have to submit your SAR.

Just did it today - thanks for the information.
Time to allow our student debts in both US and UK to rise even more!

Best of luck, yeah?
Reply 6
Original post by jeffkloy
Just did it today - thanks for the information.
Time to allow our student debts in both US and UK to rise even more!

Best of luck, yeah?

haha! No problem!

Didn't you hear? Students are good for only one thing nowadays, being in DEBT!
:P

Ah, who cares anyways, I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors :smile:
Hi! I'm also going for the masters degree in Management! :biggrin: now I'm trying to decide where to live :smile:
Reply 8

^ when had you applied for it? I have applied for the Heritage Management course. Still waiting to hear from them. Also, are you an international student?
Reply 9
got a conditional offer for ma chinese studies :smile: havent received the official letter or email yet, but hope to receive it soon :biggrin: (got an email from someone of the department, thats how i know :smile:) anyone else doing the same course?
Reply 10
Hi,

I've applied to Shef and received a conditional offer for MSc Marketing Management Practice. I really like the city as well as the university but I wonder whether Shef offers good Management course or not. Cuz I heard that Shef is famous for its Engineering courses, not its Business and Management ones.

I'm currently torn between Shef School of Management and Kent Business School, any advice? :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by archaeogirl

^ when had you applied for it? I have applied for the Heritage Management course. Still waiting to hear from them. Also, are you an international student?

Hey! I'm sorry I barely read this! I applied sometime in late December and I heard from them a few weeks later. I can't remember exact dates but the whole process was pretty fast. I am an international student :smile:
I just sent off my application for their program in sports management. Looking forward to hearing from them ASAP. Anyone hear wanna tell me the turn around rate from time you applied to when you heard back?
Reply 13
Original post by East End Babylon
I just sent off my application for their program in sports management. Looking forward to hearing from them ASAP. Anyone hear wanna tell me the turn around rate from time you applied to when you heard back?

I just checked the dates and I applied January 10 and received my conditional offer February 20. So not too bad right?
Reply 14
Original post by kkleon
I just checked the dates and I applied January 10 and received my conditional offer February 20. So not too bad right?

Oh and I applied for archaeology
Reply 15
They received the documents I sent them to meet my conditions and told me that they were going to send them to the dept of archaeology. Does anybody know how long it takes for me to get the unconditional offer?
I just sent off an application for an MA in magazine journalism yesterday. They said it could take up to 4 weeks to get a reply, the waiting game is on. Sigh.
Reply 17
Original post by gee_shakedown
I just sent off an application for an MA in magazine journalism yesterday. They said it could take up to 4 weeks to get a reply, the waiting game is on. Sigh.

The waiting does suck. What i did was try to forget i applied so it wouldn't be so nervewrecking :tongue: either way i wish you the best of luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Nexus S 4G
Reply 18
I submitted a loan application to Sheffield. Does anybody know if I have to receive some sort of confirmation that they have received it? Or do I have to wait for the letter by mail?
Reply 19
Cão, I accepted an unconditional offer in MSc in Management.

Just would like to ask is everything set if i have already paid the deposit, reserved the accommodation? All I need to do is just wait until i depart from my home country?

Thanks~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending