The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

I actually quite liked the ending :cool:. I have enjoyed this series, despite it being nowhere near as good as the first two, or the ones after that. But still, I think that if series 5 and 6 were the first series of Skins, people would be complaining a lot less. It's just because you have something to compare it to.

I agree that there have been some ridiculous plots and gaps left in the storyline, but I actually thought that Liv's episode and this one were really good. I definitely enjoyed watching it, I guess that's the end goal...
I thought the series was good. But Franky done my head in!!!
I thought the finale was the best episode of the series. I might have teared up a bit. :blush: Franky ended up going from my favourite character to the most annoying character ever to me but I'm glad she got a happy ending. How pretty did Liv look at the end with her hair like that? I'm glad it's finished now though.
As much as I think a lot of the characters and relationships were underdeveloped (like Alex was only had a major part in one episode yet we're supposed to give a crap about the future of his friendship with Liv?), I did tear up a little bit at the end. I'm a sucker for a montage :sigh:
My thoughts for the season:

- Kudos for the writers for making such a dislikeable character in Frankie. If I cared about her then I would have liked the finale since she got a happy ending, but no, I hated it for wasting so much time on a crappy character who will probably end up being a ***** again in a couple of weeks

- Bad bad endings for Matty (turning himself into the police station, which is kinda admitting that he was responsible for the death of Grace which he certainly isn't), Alex (disappearing randomly) and Nick (what is he doing now?)

- Grace's death lies solely towards Frankie, Liv was completely right when she was saying everyone was being brainwashed by Frankie's mind****ing ways (who even says that?)

- Frankie got two episode this season: Episode 4 and Episode 9 (which was Mini and Frankie) - did they have a boner for her or something?

- The only characters I liked were Rich and Alo, Nick was my favourite character last season but they ruined him and made him so generic and wasteful thanks to FRANKIE

- Possibly the worst season of Skins, but Liv's episode was one of the best episodes of Skins
The only thing I didn't understand is where the hell did Frankie's boobs ballooned from and why did Nick like her I thought that was a bit random since he was with Liv and Mini last year.

And are they still planning on doing a Skins film or have they abandoned that idea now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Indieboohoo

And are they still planning on doing a Skins film or have they abandoned that idea now.

Instead of a film there will be season 7 with 3 episodes, 1 episode for each generation.
Sounds promising tbh.
The only thing I didn't understand is where the hell did Frankie's boobs ballooned from and why did Nick like her I thought that was a bit random since he was with Liv and Mini last year.

I don't really understand why so many people are so surprised by Franky's boobs :s-smilie:. If she's always hiding them under loose men's shirts and blazers, then of course you're not gonna notice them in series 5. It's also possible she may have had a bit of a growth spurt, since the actress was only 16/17 when filming both series.
Original post by trouble-trouble
Instead of a film there will be season 7 with 3 episodes, 1 episode for each generation.
Sounds promising tbh.

Oh ok are the episodes going to explain what happened to the characters at the end.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I don't really understand why so many people are so surprised by Franky's boobs :s-smilie:. If she's always hiding them under loose men's shirts and blazers, then of course you're not gonna notice them in series 5. It's also possible she may have had a bit of a growth spurt, since the actress was only 16/17 when filming both series.

Yeah I was thinking they must of wrapped up her boobs last series but I thought it was random that she was this awkward tomboyish alternative character into this girly, I have balls bigger than all the guys, sex kitten character.
Out of all the characters she's changed the most.
Oh ok are the episodes going to explain what happened to the characters at the end.

well hopefully, but we don't know that for sure - I doubt the scripts are even approved at this point and filming probably won't start until June/July

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending