Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Judderb
What course are you doing?

There is definitely nobody doing my course on here! :frown: Searched all over the thread xD

Theres not many doing mine - Actuarial Science, with a year in industry. There was a total of 7 people at the applicant day :') What about you? :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1301
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Theres not many doing mine - Actuarial Science, with a year in industry. There was a total of 7 people at the applicant day :') What about you? :smile:

I'm doing either English and German Law or European Legal studies, Kent is both my firm and Insurance!
Reply 1302
Original post by shezzlle
I think I have the same problem as well.... I applied for architecture and I revisited the prospectus, it said BB, but my offer is AAB :frown:

Do you think we would be able to contact the department and ask them why the offer was increased or get them to lower it without running the risk of basically getting our offer cancelled lol
Applied for accomodation last night; I put Keynes flats with the regular sized en suite bedroom as my top choice.

I really hope I get to stay in one of these; had a little peek around one during a tour of the campus and they are awesome!:tongue:
I love having Kent as my insurance place, I really am excited to go to uni regardless of whether I end up at my firm or insurance :smile:
Reply 1305
Guys,

For those of you who have firmed Kent, you won't be disappointed.
Kent is fab, my course, the people, the bars, everything except CCCU.

In terms of accommodation, I live in Parkwood flats which are decent and I'd recommend. Go for Keynes or Pw house otherwise. If you're joining the law school, I recommend you look at Darwin as their houses are across the road from the main lecture theatre for first years,

Good luck!!
Original post by kippers16
Hey, I went on the kent open day to study international business an i though the uni was nice, with a big campus but i was concerned about the social aspect as it is 30 mins from Canterbury and seemed to have very limited night life on the campus! Am i correct?? Or was this a poor assumption??

Just to alleviate people's fears of nightlife on campus, i am an avid club goer and regardless of people assuming kent has a limited nightlife it's just not true. I currently work in the Venue the main club on campus and we have a capacity of 1700 (which i'm told by my employers) is much larger than most other uni clubs.

Even if you don't like the clubs on campus chill and the works/club chemistry in town are brilliant fun and one thing people overlook is certain bars on campus: mungos, origins and k bar have dedicate nights where they are packed and i mean packed! K bar is redemption on thursday nights cheap drinks and it basically becomes a club. Origins has Ruby Tuesdays, a bit more chilled but still with a dance floor and nice atmosphere. In Mungos we have massive mungos once a month/ term not too sure, it is brilliant the entire eliot dining hall gets bars lining it and a ridiculous strobe light and we all get ******** it's great GREAT fun Kent's night life and you will love it i can guarantee it.

Not to mention Canterbury is a lovely city! Quote me if anyone wants any more info on things i know quite a lot working in a club and i study politics and international relations with French L243, so will happily help you all!
Original post by BolloTheGorilla
Applied for accomodation last night; I put Keynes flats with the regular sized en suite bedroom as my top choice.

I really hope I get to stay in one of these; had a little peek around one during a tour of the campus and they are awesome!:tongue:

Yo, stayed in Keynes flats this year as the first ever lot to live there, and if you get Keynes flats ensuite which i have exactly, you will not be dissapointed! They are awesome flats great social atmosphere between flats and we're near everything really bar darwin.... You're also lucky as this year they've been ironing out all the faults in Keynes so for your year they'll be perfect: My shower head fell on my head. You will love Kent and Canterbury. (But not the poly scum)
Reply 1308
Greetings everyone!

Im in abit of a pickle, I made a late UCAS application and have been offered a place at Canterbury this year. So thats all dandy :smile: except Ive missed out on all the specific open days and the next general one isnt until after the date that I have to have made my decision by.

So as Im probably not going to be visiting the uni prior to the course, I was hoping someone could give me an opinion on coping with the financial side of things as a first year undergraduate. The information pack Ive been sent gives estimated costs of 7k to 14k!!

Also, any opinions of the Canterbury campus/accomodation et cetera would be awesome :smile:

Thanks alot!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Applying to scholarships and grants, this is taking forever :O

Whoever negged this obviously doesn't understand postgrad application...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1310
can anyone can tell me which accomodation is best out of the self-catered ones? for my first 2 choices im stuck between keynes flats, park wood flats and tyler court B & C and then i need to pick 2 without en suites aswell
Reply 1311
Original post by prowlie
Greetings everyone!

Im in abit of a pickle, I made a late UCAS application and have been offered a place at Canterbury this year. So thats all dandy :smile: except Ive missed out on all the specific open days and the next general one isnt until after the date that I have to have made my decision by.

So as Im probably not going to be visiting the uni prior to the course, I was hoping someone could give me an opinion on coping with the financial side of things as a first year undergraduate. The information pack Ive been sent gives estimated costs of 7k to 14k!!

Also, any opinions of the Canterbury campus/accomodation et cetera would be awesome :smile:

Thanks alot!!

Contact them I'm sure they won't mind if you go down/up and just have stroll around the campus and department. There is probably some sort of personal tours that they run.
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone doing a business related course at Kent?
Reply 1313
Original post by Judderb
I'm doing either English and German Law or European Legal studies, Kent is both my firm and Insurance!

Which is your firm and which is you insurance? c:
Also FR1994 is doing European Studies.. with other stuff. If that's the same thing? (:

Original post by Setsuna-F-Seiei
Anyone doing a business related course at Kent?

A few people check the first post *spoilers* c:
Original post by LauraMial
hey guys, I've just firmed kent :biggrin:

(and put keele as insurance)

Also, I'd like to pose you a question:
being my course a more 'specific' one than politics and IR, I guess less people applied, therefore there should be more places available than the 'main' one.
I got my offer without submitting predicted grades, and neither did my referee (she wasn't even asked to)
My offer is subject to me obtaining an overall 86/100 at my final exams.
Does that mean they could be lenient in case I get, say, 81/100 (very likely to happen)? Does the fact I've firmed it help the situation?

Same choices Uni wise! :biggrin:
Reply 1315
can anyone can tell me which accomodation is best out of the self-catered ones? for my first 2 choices im stuck between keynes flats, park wood flats and tyler court B & C and then i need to pick 2 without en suites aswell
Sorry Kent, but I'm going to have to politely decline your offer. Good luck to the rest of the physics bunch, and everyone else!

Salut! :smile:
Reply 1317
I'm studying Drama and Theatre Studies (MDrama) masters course :smile:!
And i've applied for accomadation at Parkwood! it looks sooo lovely there! I can't wait to go in september, i've even bought my laundry bag! I hope i get some really fun students to live with hahaha good luck everyone!
Hello, I'm Jordan.
I have an unconditional offer from Kent to study English and American Literature with Creative Writing ... so, I'll definitely be there! Can't wait to possibly meet some of you!
Just firmed Kent! Hope I get the grades! :|

Quick Reply

Latest