The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aefli
I disagree. It is a matter of opinion. You are welcome to yours as I am welcome to mine. My opinion is that they were unnessasary and childish. I am not saying they were awful however added little to the development of the story lines/charechters. Allthogh I would say that The Curse of Cornelius Sigan was by far the best of the three I mentioned.

You seem like you focus on character development in plots-I usually sideline it for comedy,action,storyline.
Reply 1301
Original post by Dalek1099
You seem like you focus on character development in plots-I usually sideline it for comedy,action,storyline.

Perhaps, I do also focus of the action though. I like the quieter, more subtle comedy between Arthur ad Merlin that is often portrayed.
Original post by aefli
Perhaps, I do also focus of the action though. I like the quieter, more subtle comedy between Arthur ad Merlin that is often portrayed.

I thought The Curse of Cornelius Sigan was extremely action packed and had loads of monstrous bats-I think merlin needs more magical creatures in the show.
Reply 1303
I thought The Curse of Cornelius Sigan was extremely action packed and had loads of monstrous bats

Hmn when I say action I mean more of the fighting kind. :horse:

I think merlin needs more magical creatures in the show.

I'm afraid we might have to agree to differ, the amount there is now is enough.
Original post by aefli
Lancelot and Guinevere, The Fires of Idirsholas and The Last Dragonlord were the only episodes that I thought were fantastic. The Beauty and the Beast (both episodes), The Curse of Cornelius Sigan and Sweet Dreams were all unremakable.

Onto series three! :cookie:

Easily the best series. I don't think series four was as good as three because Morgana didn't get to interact with the others as much and there was less Uther. Loved the opening and finale two parters. Also "the eye of the phoniex" is arguably the best stand alone episode ever.

Also it had the best trailer.
Reply 1305
Original post by elitepower
Easily the best series. I don't think series four was as good as three because Morgana didn't get to interact with the others as much and there was less Uther. Loved the opening and finale two parters. Also "the eye of the phoniex" is arguably the best stand alone episode ever.

Also it had the best trailer.

I can never decide what my faviourte series was, it's usally the last one I watched last; so it would be two but as I have mentioned only a few episodes are remakarbe. One marks the beggining of an amazing series and I love it for that (and the episode The Labyrinth of Gedref may be my overall favorite episode). Series 2, meh. Series 3: first of the "darker series" and I agree with what you said about it completely! With series 4 you have the knights which I really like.....undecided.

Wonder what series 5 will be like. And do you know if there is going to be a movie?
Original post by aefli
Hmn when I say action I mean more of the fighting kind. :horse:

I'm afraid we might have to agree to differ, the amount there is now is enough.

Fighting can get repetitive and boring and I thought the Series 4 finale was too similar to the Series 3 finale.
Fighting can get repetitive and boring and I thought the Series 4 finale was too similar to the Series 3 finale.

Oh god yes.
Interesting stuff on here.

Warning: Contains potential spoilers.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Interesting stuff on here.

Warning: Contains potential spoilers.

looks like its going to jump forward in time :/ don't know how i feel about that ....
Original post by maxcartwright
looks like its going to jump forward in time :/ don't know how i feel about that ....

For me depends on how far. Couple of years only, fine. More than that, what the freck?

Also hope that it's not going to be, oh we missed the reveal. Do wish they would get around to it. Hopefully in the opening two partner. Would leave a great dynamic for the rest of the series with Arthur coming to terms with it.
Magic Wolves sounds great because I love magical creatures-lets hope a few people succumb to their teeth and are killed.
A Merlin thread! Yay!

I'd heard of Merlin before Season 4, my friends going on about it and I watched the first couple of episodes during a 'Merlin Drinking Game'. We got mighty drunk, mighty quickly.

But it was Season 4 that really got me into it, seeing an ad for the first episode on BBC. Now, I'm a hardcore Merlin fan ;D

But oooo there has to be a magic reveal in Season 5. There has to be. :woo:
Reply 1313
I had heard that the time jump is around 5 years. If you look at the age difference between Modred (old) and then new Modred this should give you an idea of how much of a time jump there is. This also apparently the last series for Morgana. I am hoping series 5 might not be the end. Even if their might be a Merlin movie. :frown:

Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
A Merlin thread! Yay!

I'd heard of Merlin before Season 4, my friends going on about it and I watched the first couple of episodes during a 'Merlin Drinking Game'. We got mighty drunk, mighty quickly. :woo:

Hmn, that sounds....interesting...maybe in a couple of years (if you got that drunk I best wait till I am a few years older ahaha) this could be a way to get my friends more interested in Merlin, they all dispise it! :colone:
Original post by aefli
I had heard that the time jump is around 5 years. If you look at the age difference between Modred (old) and then new Modred this should give you an idea of how much of a time jump there is. This also apparently the last series for Morgana. I am hoping series 5 might not be the end. Even if their might be a Merlin movie. :frown:

Hmn, that sounds....interesting...maybe in a couple of years (if you got that drunk I best wait till I am a few years older ahaha) this could be a way to get my friends more interested in Merlin, they all dispise it! :colone:

Okay what? Time jump? I didn't know about this? What? What? That'll be cool though!

And the end of Morgana? That sucks. Katie McGrath is so cool and plays Morgana so well.

And a Merlin movie? I really need to catch up with the latest gossip.

I'll try to find the game! It'll be great to take to uni with me actually. It was massive. Drink everytime merlin saves arthur, everytime merlin uses magic, everytime arthur is oblivious to magic, everytime the dragon talks about destiny, everyime gaius does his eyebrow, everytime arthur tells merlin to shut up...

The list just went on and on. We were drinking almost every minute, and we weren't even playing with all the rules because we couldn't remember them all. Haha.

Edit: We'd also been drinking a little before hand as it was New Years eve.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1315
Okay what? Time jump? I didn't know about this? What? What? That'll be cool though!

And the end of Morgana? That sucks. Katie McGrath is so cool and plays Morgana so well.

And a Merlin movie? I really need to catch up with the latest gossip.

I'll try to find the game! It'll be great to take to uni with me actually. It was massive. Drink everytime merlin saves arthur, everytime merlin uses magic, everytime arthur is oblivious to magic, everytime the dragon talks about destiny, everyime gaius does his eyebrow, everytime arthur tells merlin to shut up...

The list just went on and on. We were drinking almost every minute, and we weren't even playing with all the rules because we couldn't remember them all. Haha.

Edit: We'd also been drinking a little before hand as it was New Years eve.

Yeah if I knew how to hide text under a spoiler than I could tell you why and more spoilers! ahahh. :smile:

Yeah, I know, it will be really diffrent without her smirk when ever something comes to plan! :biggrin:

Ah that sounds like fun, just another way to watch Merlin!
Original post by aefli
Yeah if I knew how to hide text under a spoiler than I could tell you why and more spoilers! ahahh. :smile:

Yeah, I know, it will be really diffrent without her smirk when ever something comes to plan! :biggrin:

Ah that sounds like fun, just another way to watch Merlin!

All you do is put [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] around the text you want to hide, obviously taking out the spaces!

Spoiler

Now, tell me all the spoilers you know! It'll keep me going until it airs later this year! ;D
Reply 1317
All you do is put [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] around the text you want to hide, obviously taking out the spaces!

Spoiler

Now, tell me all the spoilers you know! It'll keep me going until it airs later this year! ;D

Here goes:

Spoiler

I am sure their are more. :biggrin:
Reply 1318

I also agree with this statement. :smile:
Original post by aefli
Here goes:

Spoiler

I am sure their are more. :biggrin:

:woo: :woo: :woo:

Thank you!

It's just making me more excited now for the next season.

If there's a 5 year time skip, will Gaius still be alive? I hope so, he's easily one of the best characters.

Latest