The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Interview tomorrow......should I be nervous? lol any tips?

Thanks.
Original post by zee777
Interview tomorrow......should I be nervous? lol any tips?

Thanks.

Literally, if you have a brain and just be nice its a piece of cake, most likely the easiest interview you will ever have in your life.

stage 1: The entry

All you do here is just literally sign in to say I'm here, you then fill in some forms (you don't need them completed before the interview itself so you can fill it up as the day progresses

Stage 2: The ID stage

They make you wait in a room with your passport and other ID, they photocopy it etc.
Oh, btw...make sure you do't bring in a fake passport...some wise guy had that bright idea...that didn't turn out too well for him

Stage 3: The interview

This is the actual interview. A person just asks you questions that have been mentioned in this thread so I won't bother repeating them. The most noticable ones however I will just to reinforce it.
"Take those glasses under your chair and tell me what you smell"
Mine was plain water and mint....literially...believe me you can see **** floating around...theres no way your gnna mistake it for anything even with a blocked nose. Don't worry about this unless you have no sense of smell. Then there's a sight test, thsi is your normal eye test and then a colour blind test, in which you just read the numbers off the sheet.
The most noticable question i was asked was, "how would you deal with an angry person"..just chat a load of **** on how you would calm them down and explain how they need to STFU...naah lol i kid abt that last part XD, the calm down and listening to their problem should suffice.

Stage 4: Post interview

Congratz the interview is now officially over, but there's more **** for you to do.
If you were lucky enough (like me) to have been a candidate for the x-ray position you'll have to go through a lil test of IDing bombs (don't worry they're on the computer, you won't have to diffuse anything). The pass rate is 70% and that's 40/56....I got 40/56 on the dot lol. This is a little tricky i have to say but if you don't pass this don't worry hey'll just put you in another position.

Stage 5: The finalization

Last one, here they make sure your application online has been filled in correctly and actually includes the 5 year history they asked for and have 2 references of which are also 5 years or more...After this your done and all you do is wait for the CRB /CBR (don't care which way round it is) to be done and volla.

The X-Ray pay is around £10/h and everything else was £8.50 I was told.

Mine literially wen't just like that...Quicker than going to your GP...certianly more interesting espicially when someone forgets to bring their ID and brings a fake passport along.
lasts around 2 hours i'd say.
Reply 202
as i made a post about my concern for my application the very morning i was shocked to see g4s calls me up and talks about my references finally im glad to see they are working on it hopefully it gets on fasttrack ,did anyone get a call like mine and if yes how long did it get to get your result from then
Reply 203
Original post by DarkTitan
Literally, if you have a brain and just be nice its a piece of cake, most likely the easiest interview you will ever have in your life.

stage 1: The entry

All you do here is just literally sign in to say I'm here, you then fill in some forms (you don't need them completed before the interview itself so you can fill it up as the day progresses

Stage 2: The ID stage

They make you wait in a room with your passport and other ID, they photocopy it etc.
Oh, btw...make sure you do't bring in a fake passport...some wise guy had that bright idea...that didn't turn out too well for him

Stage 3: The interview

This is the actual interview. A person just asks you questions that have been mentioned in this thread so I won't bother repeating them. The most noticable ones however I will just to reinforce it.
"Take those glasses under your chair and tell me what you smell"
Mine was plain water and mint....literially...believe me you can see **** floating around...theres no way your gnna mistake it for anything even with a blocked nose. Don't worry about this unless you have no sense of smell. Then there's a sight test, thsi is your normal eye test and then a colour blind test, in which you just read the numbers off the sheet.
The most noticable question i was asked was, "how would you deal with an angry person"..just chat a load of **** on how you would calm them down and explain how they need to STFU...naah lol i kid abt that last part XD, the calm down and listening to their problem should suffice.

Stage 4: Post interview

Congratz the interview is now officially over, but there's more **** for you to do.
If you were lucky enough (like me) to have been a candidate for the x-ray position you'll have to go through a lil test of IDing bombs (don't worry they're on the computer, you won't have to diffuse anything). The pass rate is 70% and that's 40/56....I got 40/56 on the dot lol. This is a little tricky i have to say but if you don't pass this don't worry hey'll just put you in another position.

Stage 5: The finalization

Last one, here they make sure your application online has been filled in correctly and actually includes the 5 year history they asked for and have 2 references of which are also 5 years or more...After this your done and all you do is wait for the CRB /CBR (don't care which way round it is) to be done and volla.

The X-Ray pay is around £10/h and everything else was £8.50 I was told.

Mine literially wen't just like that...Quicker than going to your GP...certianly more interesting espicially when someone forgets to bring their ID and brings a fake passport along.
lasts around 2 hours i'd say.

Thanks for the info bro.
Reply 204
Is all training in London, even if your role is in Manchester?
Reply 205
Well I just got a phone call, and went over my application, because I didn't get pay slips or money into my bank account I need to provide a statement of earning.... where can I get this from?
Im on my last day of training for SIA licence. Pay is £8.50 p/h for security officers and pay increases for team leaders and managers as well as CCTV operatives and x-ray operatives. You find out what role you have been given after SIA training where you are continually assessed on your behaviour, attitude and communication skills, this can affect the role your are given despite the role they put next to your name at interview.

Those still to attend interview don't be worried it is very straight forward and basic questions as mentioned earlier in this thread. Just be sure to have ALL documentation prepared making life easier for admin therefore speeding up the process. Took 4 weeks for me to hear from them after interview and training began a week later, hopefully in next couple of weeks I will find out what role I have been given and what role specific training I will be required to attend.
Reply 207
Finally had a call from G4S today to go over my application and some questions like do I have any convictions etc...can't wait to start working!
does anyone know how long they take to get back to you, i had my interview back on jan 25th and still havent heard a peep and my account is still saying i need to attend my interview?!
Am looking at Group Leader post ...

Does anyone know what the background checks involve I have a clear Enhanced CRB already :-0)

Not been bankrupt - but Im not happy with people looking at my credit file ! do they look at your credit file anyone refused cos of that !????

Thanks
Reply 210
Original post by marakanti
as i made a post about my concern for my application the very morning i was shocked to see g4s calls me up and talks about my references finally im glad to see they are working on it hopefully it gets on fasttrack ,did anyone get a call like mine and if yes how long did it get to get your result from then

I had my interview on 12th march, got the call about references (as i'd missed one out on the application) around 2 weeks ago.....

Since then, my app still says sent to screening, and i've asked the personal references and they havent heard a word from them.

Similar thing is happening with a mate of mine who had his interview a month before mine, he had the call, and as far as i know hasnt heard from them since.

I'm considering phoning the woman who called me regarding the references on the number she left on my voicemail and asking her what is going on with the application, has anyone else tried this?

NEED a job for summer, and if this isnt going to work out, i need to know ASAP so i can apply for others!!
Reply 211
well according to a newspaper article they had 34,000 applications for 10,000 jobs...so it might take a couple weeks....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 212
I got a cleaning job, it's good pay.
still have not had my interview there are no slots to book.
Ive got two applications on the G4s website and I still check the bridging the gap website.

If they had 34k applications why are they still posting new jobs on the G4s website..
Reply 214
Original post by BexiG
well according to a newspaper article they had 34,000 applications for 10,000 jobs...so it might take a couple weeks....

:s-smilie: i read that they actually had less applications than they were expecting about a month ago, gave me a false sense of confidence!

It's so annoying how they're taking so long! I definitely passed the interview with flying colours, and judging from the others in the waiting room with me, i appeared to be the only one who was actually capable of speaking English! So that's gotta whack me in the top 10,000!

When was your interview Bexi? Do you know how long after that they got round to contacting any of your referees?
Reply 215
I haven't recieved the online application form and its been a month :s-smilie: Interview is next week, is there any way of getting it?
Reply 216
Original post by .Missy
I haven't recieved the online application form and its been a month :s-smilie: Interview is next week, is there any way of getting it?

You access the application form through the G4semployment portal i think, which you should have signed up to when you booked the interview

go to https://community.g4s.com/members/

You should have log in details for that for you to be able to book the interview, under the "my job applications" bit, there should be an indicator asking you to complete the online application
Reply 217
Original post by ostego
You access the application form through the G4semployment portal i think, which you should have signed up to when you booked the interview

go to https://community.g4s.com/members/

You should have log in details for that for you to be able to book the interview, under the "my job applications" bit, there should be an indicator asking you to complete the online application

Reply 218
Original post by ostego
:s-smilie: i read that they actually had less applications than they were expecting about a month ago, gave me a false sense of confidence!

It's so annoying how they're taking so long! I definitely passed the interview with flying colours, and judging from the others in the waiting room with me, i appeared to be the only one who was actually capable of speaking English! So that's gotta whack me in the top 10,000!

When was your interview Bexi? Do you know how long after that they got round to contacting any of your referees?

My interview was 22nd Feb, my training was a week before that. They only contacted me yesterday by phone call to go over my application and ask some questions. I know it's a slow process, but they are getting through everyone. I'm just wondering HOW they would get references for so many people...I'm starting to believe they will CRB check everyone and perhaps pick by random people to get references etc...because knowing that employers are always slow to send references...Im doubting G4S is going to be able to wait for 10,000 of them to come back before the games start...I may be wrong though.
I might need to change the date of my training course, to some time in June due to HND assignment deadlines, does anyone know how to get in contact with G4S to do so?

Quick Reply