The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

I didn't get an email either, I just went on about a day after firming and it worked.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Nikstar95

Hmmm ..... thats quite expensive :eek: !!!! It works up to Rs.2000 per month while over here one of the best gyms charge approx Rs.900-1200 per month + u get 2 months free!!! :smile:

Ahhh will hahve to think about the gym part!!1 :frown:

A much much cheaper way than paying for the gym is to join a sports club such as kickboxing. You pay £20 to join for the whole year (you have to pay £10 sports association fee once as well but then you get any club for £20) and then all sessions are free.
Reply 282
Original post by ChelseyElla
A much much cheaper way than paying for the gym is to join a sports club such as kickboxing. You pay £20 to join for the whole year (you have to pay £10 sports association fee once as well but then you get any club for £20) and then all sessions are free.

LOL thankzz for the tip!!!I will look into that!!! Although I have decided on joining squash, kickboxing/judo, ultimate frisbee(if I can) and badminton .... so tht should keep me busy!! :biggrin:
just been looking at the accommodation pictures and i just realized that the closets are so small! I'm never going to be able to fit all my clothes in. Can we bring in extra furniture? like the portable kind.

oh and is there storage space outside of the room? where do you guys keep your luggage?

PS: lol i never realized the colour of the walls before, much less considered it a factor to consider :smile:
btw can you apply for Brendon court but want it to be self-catered? I mean is there an option or if you choose brendon court then it must be catered?
Reply 285
Original post by yzarcemina
btw can you apply for Brendon court but want it to be self-catered? I mean is there an option or if you choose brendon court then it must be catered?

I think (pretty sure) U can choose to have catered or no during the application process for accommodation!!!

U can always check by logging-in and filling out the application until the part wer u submit it... den just cancel the application (if u have not decided till then) :biggrin:

(:colone: I'm smart)
Reply 286
just been looking at the accommodation pictures and i just realized that the closets are so small! I'm never going to be able to fit all my clothes in. Can we bring in extra furniture? like the portable kind.

oh and is there storage space outside of the room? where do you guys keep your luggage?

PS: lol i never realized the colour of the walls before, much less considered it a factor to consider :smile:

I'm sure they would have not have any prob. with bringing in extra furniture as it does not harm them in anyway!! :smile:
Reply 287

I think it has to be catered, but I'm not 100%. I think it has to be catered because it has much smaller kitchens, so they don't have enough room there for self catering.
Reply 288
Original post by MisanthropicLemon
I didn't get an email either, I just went on about a day after firming and it worked.

I think only those of us who firmed before that day in March when we were able to sign up got that email.

EDIT: Mother of typos
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by stifa
I think only those of us who firmed before the day in March when we ware able to sign up got that email.

Ahh, that'll be why. I only received my last response at the end of March, haha
Reply 290
No if you read the accommodation terms and conditions I'm pretty certain it says you're not allowed to bring in additional furniture
Reply 291

I take back what I said about the furniture, you can take your own stuff but you need permission apparently (I doubt most people ask though). It's got info about all this stuff here: http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pdf/Campus-Life-2011.pdf
Reply 292
So sad guys :frown: I just applied today and no Sols/Marls option for me so I guess no more rooms available. Anyone has the same problem?
Reply 293
Original post by iahnyh
So sad guys :frown: I just applied today and no Sols/Marls option for me so I guess no more rooms available. Anyone has the same problem?

Awww!!!! Go for woodland .... :colone: its right behind Sols/Marls :ninja: !! :smile:
Reply 294
Awww!!!! Go for woodland .... :colone: its right behind Sols/Marls :ninja: !! :smile:

I chose Norwood hahah :colondollar: I wonder how the communal bathroom looks like in Norwood. Anyone has picture of it?
Now I feel kinda regret not choosin suit bathroom :s-smilie:
Reply 295
Original post by iahnyh
I chose Norwood hahah :colondollar: I wonder how the communal bathroom looks like in Norwood. Anyone has picture of it?
Now I feel kinda regret not choosin suit bathroom :s-smilie:

I heard Norwood is not bad!! :smile: (:colone: its not even good :tongue:)

LOL if you really regret it :ninja: .... U can change ur application!!!! :tongue:
Reply 296
Original post by iahnyh

Is Norwood still available as an option? :eek:
Reply 297
Original post by Hemzo
Is Norwood still available as an option? :eek:

yup for sure :biggrin: i have just submitted mine with norwood an hour ago
Reply 298
Original post by iahnyh
yup for sure :biggrin: i have just submitted mine with norwood an hour ago

Thanks! Just incase if I decide to firm Bath, I would still like to have Norwood or Westwood as an option :biggrin:
Reply 299
I heard Norwood is not bad!! :smile: (:colone: its not even good :tongue:)

LOL if you really regret it :ninja: .... U can change ur application!!!! :tongue:

I ll think about it :colone: I may change to Woodland ( but the price may stop me :frown: )

Quick Reply