The Student Room Group

Is it 'pedestrian' not to have particular sexual fetishes or fantasies?

Poll

Is it 'pedestrian' not to have particular sexual fetishes or fantasies?

Pretty much what it says on the tin..

I've been told this by a lover (in jest). I'm a simple creature, content just to smash it :h:

Out of curiosity/boredom, does that make me 'pedestrian' as far as y'all are concerned? :redface:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a what?
:confused:
I'd use the term 'vanilla' but that's not a value judgement. It's just a way of saying you're not into kinky sex, you don't enjoy BDSM and you don't have any fetishes.
Reply 3
I think most people will have some form of fetish, they just might not realise it.
Reply 4
Surely everyone has a bit of kink?
Reply 5
Genuinely find it a hard to imagine sex without at least a little kink.
You have a fetish for people that walk on the curb?
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3

I've been told this by a lover (in jest). I'm a simple creature, content just to smash it :h:

Out of curiosity/boredom, does that make me 'pedestrian' as far as y'all are concerned? :redface:

Not big into kinks or fetishes..... rather just get on with it and do something else after that.........like making money :tongue:
Original post by Foo.mp3

The thing is, lots of people will have dif ideas about what being 'pedestrian' is.

I don't have any 'hardcore' fetishes, i.e wouldn't anal a girl.

But then again, big on foreplay and trying new positions etc.

Also big into sensual things, massages and the like.

So I'd hardly consider myself pedestrian, but I also wouldn't say that I'm really experimental/looking to 'push boundaries'.
As long as you're willing to try stuff, it's fine. Maybe you haven't discovered what your kinky desires are yet :P
:smile:
Reply 11
Even if it's not really a kink surely everyone has to have fantasies? Or just things they are particularly into or want to try. Some of mine are full more full scenes, some are just little details. But having those things I'm into make sex fun and interested. Sex as substandard as it comes is all well and good but some variety in life is need.

I'm not sure I'd say pedestrian. But I'd find you boring as hell to be with
i think its a bit boring if youre with someone for a while and you have sex often. it becomes predictable. i like someone that will mix it up alot :wink:

xx
Reply 13
Meh, happy with being a bit too vanilla. Each to their own!
Original post by Ben_LiveYourDreams

I don't have any 'hardcore' fetishes, i.e wouldn't anal a girl.

I thought anal was pretty mainstream these days?

Also, loving that all the girls so far have been at least a little kinky, and the guys haven't seemed to be at all.
I'm willing to try pretty much anything and I find new sexual experiences exciting. I don't care how weird things might be seen by other people, I'm uninhibited and that's what I value most in a sexual partner. If there's a chance something gives sexual pleasure, I'm gonna try it.
pedestrian? I assume a similar term to vanilla?

It's not a negative to not be into anything "unusual", I would wager though that for those who say they have no kink or fantasy...that they may not have discovered the scenario yet. As a totally none sexual comparison, you'd have no view on a foodstuff you'd not tried yet, lets say chocolate. But once you try chocolate and start tasting different flavours, premium brands etc, you'll probably have a particular thing you really like. I suppose a common example for something sexual related, is that when a couple tries some mild bondage or other BDSM related activities, they might find they like it and want to explore further and more intense things.

But veering back to the original question, I don't think it's a problem. People like what they like in the end, you can't exactly help any sexual paraphilias/fetish's, nor can you help a lack thereof.
Original post by Foo.mp3

No, since there are no "shoulds" in life.

Everybody has different sexual tastes.
Reply 18
Original post by Foo.mp3

Has anyone ever said you're "too vanilla"? I've never had any complaints :sexface: Just this one comment made me think.. particularly as I've been known to describe some girls as "wooden" myself in the past!

Nope, just self analysis, heh :tongue:
Reply 19
Depends on what you mean by pedestrian, really. If the regular, vanilla sex was good, then it's not like I'd get bored but exploring your fantasies with someone is always good fun so it would be a little disappointing to miss out on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending