The Student Room Group

Too late to revise?

I've been averaging out of 2 hours per day for this easter break (no way near enough), and haven't done any work for the last 3 days. How many hours do you think i'd been to put in in order to get As. I currently hold 3As in the January exams, and my first exam is in 5 weeks (C1).

Scroll to see replies

Is this AS? It depends on so many things but i think you should increase the number of hours and try to do as many past papers as possible!

You should be fine! Especially as you have 3 A's already!
Reply 2
Never too late, start now rather than procrastinate and you'll get a lot done. Worrying will not get you no where.
Ye unfortunately you have passed the deadline where doing any revision will be useful.

But seriously you have 5 weeks, tell me you couldn't revise C1 perfectly in 2 days of solid revision.
Reply 4
I'm fine with maths actually, it's just chemistry and biology that's worrying me. Going to start now.
Reply 5
For the love of god, some people are so ridiculous it's almost laughable, still months and weeks to go before exams start and apparently it's already too late. WTF
You're later than some but earlier than most I reckon :smile: Never lose hope!
Reply 7
I have less than 3 weeks and I have 7 university exams and I'm going to be fine. I've been doing just as much as you! Chill out and stress less.
Go for it, you can always cram some in :smile: i didn't understand C1 at all the whole time i learnt it, got a U in my mock, then revised the two weeks before, it suddenly clicked, and i got 2 marks off an A :biggrin: set yourself some realistic targets and do some every day, just don't get exhausted and stressed out, you need a good balance...
Reply 9
It's neither ever too late nor too early to revise!!
Reply 10
And the "Is it to late" threads begin.
Reply 12
From my experience, you only really need to start worrying when you're counting down how long you have left in hours...
Reply 13
Hi!! Im in yr 12 doing as levels in chem, biology, psychology and geography! im not tooooo worried about psychology and geography but im terrible at the other 2 subjects! especially chemistry!
I haven't properly knuckled down on revision at all yet and i forget everything i do do. IS there any chance of being able to get a B's with only 4 weeks until my exams or not? and how much revision has every one else done?
How the hell is it to late? There are 4-5 freaking weeks left, make the most of it.
Reply 15
Original post by Ice Constricter
How the hell is it to late? There are 4-5 freaking weeks left, make the most of it.

I completely understand it is enough time for C and B grades, however i'm not quite sure for A grades.
Original post by thorn0123
I completely understand it is enough time for C and B grades, however i'm not quite sure for A grades.

It is more than achievable. From your January grades it's evident you're clearly capable. Just start working smartly, do every past paper you can get and yes I really do mean EVERY single one, stop worrying and you'll be fine :smile:
Its only too late if the exams are over :cool:
Reply 18
Original post by thorn0123
I've been averaging out of 2 hours per day for this easter break (no way near enough), and haven't done any work for the last 3 days. How many hours do you think i'd been to put in in order to get As. I currently hold 3As in the January exams, and my first exam is in 5 weeks (C1).

Are you joking? I've barely even started.
Original post by wibletg
Are you joking? I've barely even started.

^ This

OP, you'll be fine, especially as people generally crank up the revision after the Easter break as teachers will be on your back from now until exams.

Quick Reply

Latest