The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

When spending four days in your parents house is a proper full blown holiday.
When you get back to your halls of residence after a week away to find that you ran out of plastic cups before you left, so you wash out an ASDA Smart Price pineapple chunks tin to mix your Nesquik in - the joys of recycling :wink:
Reply 1442
When a quick drink in the union bar turns into an evening followed by a night.
When you spend a lot of time saving every little bit you can... and then reward yourself by spending in a weekend more than you saved in a month, all the while justifying it in your head thinking "I'm allowed to have a weekend for myself every now and then."
(edited 11 years ago)
When you spend all day convincing yourself that you'll get some work done later because you do your best work at night, and then night comes and you're like '':afraid:'' because you genuinely can't remember what you were even meant to be doing.

I have 3/4 of a page of notes about Cronbach’s alpha and I genuinely don't remember what that actually is or how it's relevant to the rest of my work :hmmmm:

Also, this:

Spoiler

Reply 1445
when theres only 15 in your class and you're the only one carrying a laptop and books around.
The relevancy of any article for an essay is determined on how short it is!

I'm doing this for my dissertation at the moment. Such a good student I am...
Reply 1447
When you start drinking the water you cooked your pasta in, according to my friend
Original post by Soph.Jade
when you find yourself at a houseparty drinking out of various mugs and cereal bowls :smile:

I've used a tea pot for wine before.
Original post by Mero8
When you start drinking the water you cooked your pasta in, according to my friend

expression.jpg

That's nasty...
Original post by ArcaneAnna

like a sir

Why??? Surely drinking it straight from the bottle is less messy than that..
back to uni on saturday, and you haven't even picked up a pen this easter...
Original post by musabjilani
When you spend a lot of time saving every little bit you can... and then reward yourself by spending in a weekend more than you saved in a month, all the while justifying it in your head thinking "I'm allowed to have a weekend for myself every now and then."

Story of my life :facepalm2:

Went to Oxford Street and spent loads of money and then bought stuff on ASOS - my logic is that I don't have to buy food for the next 3 weeks as I'm home for Easter so I can blow it all on clothes :facepalm2:
Original post by natty_d
Story of my life :facepalm2:

Went to Oxford Street and spent loads of money and then bought stuff on ASOS - my logic is that I don't have to buy food for the next 3 weeks as I'm home for Easter so I can blow it all on clothes :facepalm2:

I know the feeling. I haven't had the heating/hot water on all winter and received a gas bill ten times smaller than usual. I blew all the money on a bunch of expensive presents for my family and a ticket home :s-smilie: Worth it though..
Original post by velociraptor
I know the feeling. I haven't had the heating/hot water on all winter and received a gas bill ten times smaller than usual. I blew all the money on a bunch of expensive presents for my family and a ticket home :s-smilie: Worth it though..

And you're in Durham?

:eek4:
Original post by badumdumtscht
Why??? Surely drinking it straight from the bottle is less messy than that..

Hahaha. Out of a bottle yes. We had the 3 litre box though....
Nearly a student, doing a placement year, living on my own, paying all my own bills, rent, etc, so a lot of these things apply to me.

So, scraping out all the remnants left in a yogurt pot until you're pratically licking the pot clean. I paid for this yogurt myself, by damn I'm not going to waste any!
Hahaha. Out of a bottle yes. We had the 3 litre box though....

Oh lol.

I have a habit for drinking vodka out of a pink tumbler. As long as if it's going in my mouth then IDGAF what container it's in. :colonhash:
You when your a student when: Your always making stupid off the cuff decisions to avoid doing what you should be...

I've a few pieces of coursework in in a few weeks. So in 3 weeks off I've done sweet f.a and I'm travelling over 200 miles to Colchester to my team Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow, £50 I could really spend elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest