The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CRW23
I emailed them about 3 weeks ago but they haven't replied :s-smilie: I don't mind if i don't get it i just would like to know! They held loads of different interview days though so maybe I'll have to wait until end of April because that's when the Welsh interviews are? Who knows! Where else did you apply? :smile:

I applied to Leeds, Exeter, Bangor, Kent and Chester for Zoology, luckliy I got all my offers in. Where did you apply? :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
anyone on here doing the biomedical sciences course in september? :smile:
Reply 222
Original post by africananimals
I applied to Leeds, Exeter, Bangor, Kent and Chester for Zoology, luckliy I got all my offers in. Where did you apply? :smile:

Ah coolness, well done!! I applied to Birmingham, Bangor, Leeds, Manchester and Southampton :smile: I've got all of my offers but have narrowed it down to between Leeds and Bangor for my firm but can't dicide!!
Reply 223
Original post by Rainbowjazzies
Made Bangor my conditional firm to study psychology today :smile: anyone else picked Bangor as their firm/insurance for any subject? And who can I look forward to possibly meeting in September in the school of psychology?
And on a more general note well done to everyone who's got an offer.

I just got my unconditional offer for Psychology! I'm still waiting for a reply from Dundee before I firm Bangor though...

:smile:
Original post by CRW23
Ah coolness, well done!! I applied to Birmingham, Bangor, Leeds, Manchester and Southampton :smile: I've got all of my offers but have narrowed it down to between Leeds and Bangor for my firm but can't dicide!!

Congrats! No way! Me too!!! :O Im firming Leeds and putting Bangor as my insurance! Lol what a coincidence! :biggrin: I love Leeds so much! :smile: Bangor is fab too though! Good luck on deciding, go where its best for you. :smile:
Original post by Student-S
I just got my unconditional offer for Psychology! I'm still waiting for a reply from Dundee before I firm Bangor though...

:smile:

: ) well done good luck which would you prefer to go to ?
Original post by daniellelouise
Firm for Biomed, i know a few people who study psychology there and they love it! :smile:

: ) hope to see you there in september
Original post by Jackso
I'm going to the Psychology open day on Monday so that will be when I decide whether to firm or insure it. It is by far the most organised and well presented uni I've dealt with so I'm leaning towards the former.

I have been to one of their open days, it was pretty well organised.
Hope it all goes well : )
Reply 228
Original post by Rainbowjazzies
: ) well done good luck which would you prefer to go to ?

Well I'm currently leaning towards Bangor since I've heard its great for psychology. But then, I've also heard Dundee is a better school in general(higher up in rankings).

Unfortunately I'm a international student so I can't really go to any open house. damn!

:sigh:
Original post by ZS1994
Hey :smile:
Its a pretty straightforward interview really, quite in formal just a one-to-one chat almost. Theres a reading task that you have to read and get time to make notes about it and then during the actual interview you will get asked that question and you can use your notes to help you. The writing task was just an option to write why you think you should be a teacher.
Hope you have a good day and let me know how it goes.
I just have to sit and wait now, until i hear back from themr :smile:
Byee and good luck :smile:

Have you heard back from bangor yet? :-) x
Reply 230
Bangor is my firm for Psychology :smile: so excited!! :smile:
Reply 231
Original post by IVP
Bangor is my firm for Psychology :smile: so excited!! :smile:

Just curious, have you been to the post-offer Psychology open day? If so, roughly what time did it finish?
Reply 232
Original post by Jackso
Just curious, have you been to the post-offer Psychology open day? If so, roughly what time did it finish?

It depends, they give you time slots, if you get the morning one you're in the school of Psychology for about an hour and a half and then you're free to look around the uni for the afternoon. My slot ended up being at 2 o'clock though so I was there till the end of the whole day which is around 4 . . . I think from what I can remember :smile: Hope that's helpful :smile:
Reply 233
Original post by alice.rose.evans
Have you heard back from bangor yet? :-) x

No I havent but I rang them up to see if they could tell me over the phone, because as I live overseas I needed to know whether or not to book flights to go to the chester interview, and the told me I got in :smile: but it would take up to 4-5 days to go through UCAS (working days so I dont know how long over easter)
so I have got in but I have to wait for it to go through UCAS. What about you did you go to Bangor ? Sorry I cant remember :/ <3 xx
Just firmed my conditional offer for Astudiaethau Plentyndod :biggrin: (Childhood Studies)
Can't wait to come to Bangor in September! Thinking about going for Alaw or Enlli for accommodation, what's everyone else thinking?
Reply 235
Hey Everyone,
Has anyone heard back from Bangor about the interviews in March for Primary Education yet, I had my interview on the 14th of March, and still not heard anything :/
If you've heard anything can you let me know what date you had yours.
Thank xx :smile:
Original post by ZS1994
Hey Everyone,
Has anyone heard back from Bangor about the interviews in March for Primary Education yet, I had my interview on the 14th of March, and still not heard anything :/
If you've heard anything can you let me know what date you had yours.
Thank xx :smile:

I have two friends that had interviews for the Primary Education course in March, and they both heard back around two weeks afterwards...
Maybe you should try phoning them up? I know someone said earlier that they were told over the phone :smile:
Original post by nonniemorris
Just firmed my conditional offer for Astudiaethau Plentyndod :biggrin: (Childhood Studies)
Can't wait to come to Bangor in September! Thinking about going for Alaw or Enlli for accommodation, what's everyone else thinking?

Are you going to be doing your course in Welsh/bilingually then? (I only ask because you called it Astudiaethau Plentyndod haha). I'm hoping for Reichel in terms of accommodation, was looking at JMJ for the Cymraeg but it's so expensive.
Reply 238
Just a word of advice from a current student in Bangor. Avoid the Garth halls. They stink like the gates of hell and its a bugger to get the stench out of your clothes
Original post by madders94
Are you going to be doing your course in Welsh/bilingually then? (I only ask because you called it Astudiaethau Plentyndod haha). I'm hoping for Reichel in terms of accommodation, was looking at JMJ for the Cymraeg but it's so expensive.

I'm doing all of my course in Welsh yeah :smile: decided on that because all of my education so far has been in Welsh, I think it'd be strange to swap how haha.
What have you applied to do?
I was looking at JMJ too, those halls seem really nice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest