I assume daddy got you this :rolleyes:

What's that I smell?

Oh yes, jealousy.
Reply 122
Original post by Dan1909
What's that I smell?

Oh yes, jealousy.

Just a little :colondollar:
Not the most aesthetic car but it does the job! Great first car and i'm currently getting 46.8mpg so cant complain!

Reply 124
I have a new car... :smile:

It's a 1967 Triumph GT6 MK1
2.0 litre straight six with overdrive on 3rd and 4th. Makes just over 100bhp, but it only weighs around 850kg's - it's tiny!
Pretty much standard, save for the twin exhaust, K&N air filters, Chrome rocker cover, wild camshaft, wood rim steering wheel and bucket seats. :wink:

Reply 125
That would look so much better in a rag top! :p: Bit more expensive then though! :biggrin:

Great colour though, as I said to you on fb, it looks mint!
I don't normally like JC's cars much but that one does it for me, all the better for being a hardtop as well. Does look in amazingly good condition as well.
Reply 127
Someone negged my car today!

My theory:

They a) don't like MX5's because they think they're gay/hairdresser (I don't care, I'm female)
b) don't believe the car is mine (it is!)
c) are jealous :wink:

And looking through the rest of the thread, anyone posting a new car gets a neg. Common belief being that Daddy purchased it or the person posting is spoilt. It's not hard to understand that some people have jobs and get their new cars on finance is it? Or maybe some inheritance money?

Seems some people believe we should all be driving beaten up 1.2 corsas.
I'll probably get a neg for this too, but it has to be said, there's far too many spiteful people on the motoring forum!

We're not all 18 and off to uni for the first time...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by her0n
I'll probably get a neg for this too, but it has to be said, there's far too many poor people on the motoring forum!

Corrected for accuracy. :wink:
Original post by her0n

My theory:

They a) don't like MX5's because they think they're gay/hairdresser (I don't care, I'm female)

And looking through the rest of the thread, anyone posting a new car gets a neg. Common belief being that Daddy purchased it or the person posting is spoilt. It's not hard to understand that some people have jobs and get their new cars on finance is it? Or maybe some inheritance money?

I'll probably get a neg for this too, but it has to be said, there's far too many spiteful people on the motoring forum!

I've had a fair amount of negs for the RX-8...it's only worth about £3,500, why so much hate? Just because I prioritise having/running a decent car over getting drunk all the time...

I'm assuming people are thinking it's worth a lot more than that and thinking I'm a spoilt brat etc...I bought it with the help of the pay out on my old car getting written off...oh well.
Reply 130
Original post by her0n

My theory:

my theory:
d)they didnt like your car!

simple as that......imo your car is pretty lame..... i doubt anyone's jealous of that :facepalm2:

and before you say im jealous....LOL.... i own a 6 series..... :biggrin:
Reply 131
This is mine, a 2006 Ford Fiesta and my first car. Not a great picture as I took it from a bedroom window and it's parked across the road.
Original post by catjaum
my theory:
d)they didnt like your car!

simple as that......imo your car is pretty lame..... i doubt anyone's jealous of that :facepalm2:

and before you say im jealous....LOL.... i own a 6 series..... :biggrin:

BMW 6 series are only cool if you own an E24 one...
Reply 133
Original post by iwantcheese5
BMW 6 series are only cool if you own an E24 one...

lol....e63 all the way.....old cars are lame...
Original post by catjaum
lol....e63 all the way.....old cars are lame...

That's a really short sighted opinion of cars, while modern cars are more sophisticated most of them have become numbed to the point where you can't really tell what's going on any more. There are some beautiful old cars from the 50's & 60's with wonderful craftsmanship, there are also the funky boxy cars from the 80's with their retro-modern touches like crude digital speedos which have buckets of character. Then there's the crazy 90's cars when every manufacturer was making at least one stupid car with some ridiculous engine in it. Since then most cars and car manufacturers have become dull with only a few stand-out cars like the S2000 and GT86/BRZ which bring something brilliant to the table.

Today's cars are too big, too heavy and too powerful...
Reply 135
That's a really short sighted opinion of cars, while modern cars are more sophisticated most of them have become numbed to the point where you can't really tell what's going on any more. There are some beautiful old cars from the 50's & 60's with wonderful craftsmanship, there are also the funky boxy cars from the 80's with their retro-modern touches like crude digital speedos which have buckets of character. Then there's the crazy 90's cars when every manufacturer was making at least one stupid car with some ridiculous engine in it. Since then most cars and car manufacturers have become dull with only a few stand-out cars like the S2000 and GT86/BRZ which bring something brilliant to the table.

Today's cars are too big, too heavy and too powerful...

its not a short sighted opinion of cars....i just live in the 21st century.... power means everything...
Original post by catjaum
its not a short sighted opinion of cars....i just live in the 21st century.... power means everything...

If you really lived in the 21st century then you'd realise that lightness is far more important than power. It's no good having 500bhp if you have to lug around 2 tonnes of flab and can't take corners properly because of body-roll and understeer. A lighter car is better in pretty much every way. It's much more fun to take a lower powered car to the limits of it's performance than it is to mince around in a big, heavy and powerful car. That's why the MX-5 is such a famous and important drivers car and the 6-series isn't...

And then there's the fact that lighter cars are more sustainable...

On a side note; which engine do you have in your car?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 137
If you really lived in the 21st century then you'd realise that lightness is far more important than power. It's no good having 500bhp if you have to lug around 2 tonnes of flab and can't take corners properly because of body-roll and understeer. A lighter car is better in pretty much every way. It's much more fun to take a lower powered car to the limits of it's performance than it is to mince around in a big, heavy and powerful car. That's why the MX-5 is such a famous and important drivers car and the 6-series isn't...

And then there's the fact that lighter cars are more sustainable...

On a side note; which engine do you have in your car?

mines a 3 litre...... i use my car to drive on the road...not to be a wanna be schumacher....

as for you saying the mx-5 is more an important drivers car then the 6 series ..... LOLLLLL... :facepalm2:
Original post by catjaum
mines a 3 litre...... i use my car to drive on the road...not to be a wanna be schumacher....

as for you saying the mx-5 is more an important drivers car then the 6 series ..... LOLLLLL... :facepalm2:

There's nothing wrong with driving your car hard on the road, and in a lighter less powerful car you can do that without going dangerously fast and yet still have a brilliant time pushing the limits of the car.

If you think the 6 series is more of a driver's car than the MX-5 then you obviously don't understand what makes a good driver's car. Also the 3.0l engine in your BMW is pretty bland, it's not even that powerful at 254bhp; my old 1991 car had more power than that at 300bhp from a 3.0l. You can't really say power is everything when you drive such a mediocre car...
Original post by littleone271
Wheelbarrow.jpg

Isn't she a beauty?

Why is that picture called 'Wheelbarrow'? :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending