The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mark_richards
Just heard I am on the waiting list for St Georges.

Original post by bluelightz
Same. Looking forward to seeing the ranking and then deciding how likely it actually is I'll get a place.
The thing is, if you're offered a place in August how're you supposed to apply for student finance etc as deadlines will have been and gone?

Same! I'm also on the waiting list for Greenwich and have an offer at Herts.

Dilemma!
Reply 2861
Original post by mark_richards
Just heard I am on the waiting list for St Georges.

Same here, not sure what to do about it though, might call them and see...
Original post by Ruth01
Same here, not sure what to do about it though, might call them and see...

It seems like the St Georges gang (me, you ruth, mark and bluelightz) are on the waiting list!
Reply 2863
Original post by ShockableVF
It seems like the St Georges gang (me, you ruth, mark and bluelightz) are on the waiting list!

It would seem so! I see you have an offer at Herts, what are you going to do about that? I had a call from another university saying they're going to offer me a place, I don't think we can accept an offer and the waiting list can we?
Original post by laurajones24
Know of one person that got a conditional offer off LJM last week. Hopefully this week then as they will have had a few days off for the bank holiday

Had my interview at LJMU last Thursday afternoon, think it's a bit crap they've started giving out offers before interviewing everyone. It's my last chance saloon but even if I get an offer it's not concrete i'll get in cos of that sodding fitness test! Good luck though x
Reply 2865
Original post by Dan9878
Spoke to Swansea - the admissions tutor was off ill. They will make all decisions week commencing the 16th and will send us a letter shortly after to update us.

Do you know how many spaces they have this year?
Reply 2866
Original post by ~Justin~
No news is good news... No point flapping. I did, got myself worked up and sleepless nights, for nothing.

yeah I know, got the sleepless nights as it is,lol! Been offered a place at Edghehill which is a great Uni and I loved the open day but it's just a bit far out, really would love UCLan!
:smile:
Reply 2867
I was told by Oxford Brookes that they weren't allowed to put you on the waiting list if you had an offer from another university. Its probable not fair on those that didnt get any places.
Original post by ShockableVF

Count me in with the st George list. Got an offer from Greenwich but would like to know my ranking before making any kind of decisions.

Is anyone waiting on exam results or are you all old codgers like me? ......and mark

:biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ruth01
It would seem so! I see you have an offer at Herts, what are you going to do about that? I had a call from another university saying they're going to offer me a place, I don't think we can accept an offer and the waiting list can we?

I'm going to accept herts most likely...I doubt well hear about offers before may which is the UCAS deadline so if I do get offers in August from greenwich/st George's it will be too late! I prefer herts now anyway, much better facilities! Shame about the distance though!
Original post by Deedee11

Reply 2871
Original post by sparsons12
Had my interview at LJMU last Thursday afternoon, think it's a bit crap they've started giving out offers before interviewing everyone. It's my last chance saloon but even if I get an offer it's not concrete i'll get in cos of that sodding fitness test! Good luck though x

Many are offering an odd place as they go along, LJMU have refused some as they go along. Edge Hill have rejected as they go along.
Reply 2872
Offer from Coventry :-)
Original post by hhh123
Offer from Coventry :-)

My friend did too! What do you think you'll do? :smile:
Reply 2874
Does anyone know if UClan reject as they go along or do they wait til they have interviewed everyone then send out offers/rejections?
AHHHH This waiting is killing me! Congrats to everyone with offers!!!
Reply 2875
Original post by Anyastasia
My friend did too! What do you think you'll do? :smile:

Not sure -.-
Need to make a decision as to which uni I want to go to as I luckily have offers from UWE and Cov. Haven't heard from Worc or Swansea yet though..
Reply 2876
Original post by bluelightz
Same. Looking forward to seeing the ranking and then deciding how likely it actually is I'll get a place.
The thing is, if you're offered a place in August how're you supposed to apply for student finance etc as deadlines will have been and gone?

apply for your student finance now , you dont need to have a confirmed place at uni to apply , they will tell you how much yopu are going to recieve but you will not recieve anything until your attendance is confirmed by the uni :smile:
Reply 2877
Original post by Happy_Holidays

Are you sure ? I thought it was originally 40 funded, and it changed to 16 funded 24 not funded.

Dan
Reply 2878
Original post by Deedee11

i was told in march they've been allocated just 14 places
Reply 2879
Original post by Dan9878
Are you sure ? I thought it was originally 40 funded, and it changed to 16 funded 24 not funded.

Dan

who/where did you hear about these figures?